ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Chiefs Extending Travis Kelce [4 years, $57m, $28m guaranteed]
Dante84 12:08 PM 08-13-2020

Sources: The #Chiefs are closing in on signing star TE Travis Kelce to a long-term extension – at least 5 years – that keeps him in a KC uniform catching passes from Patrick Mahomes for the foreseeable future. Keeping their best players...

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 13, 2020

Very quietly, KC and the agents for Travis Kelce have been working on an extension to pay him according to his production. This should be done in the next day or so. The #Chiefs continue to do work. https://t.co/maqWkpFQD3

— Ian Rapoport (@RapSheet) August 13, 2020

ChiTown 03:12 PM 08-13-2020
The Chiefs have been the ONLY thing worth a shit in 2020. Without them, and their stupendous off-season transactions, this year would be bullet swallowing worthy.
Chiefspants 03:14 PM 08-13-2020
If it were an NFC team I could have entertained shipping Jones for picks. But I always struggled with the idea of shipping Jones to Ballard in Indy. Losing Luck detailed them for a year, certainly - but I’m not ready to write off Indy as a regular contender. Knowing Jones would have been lining up against our weak IOL in the playoffs would definitely give me pause.
PHOG 03:29 PM 08-13-2020
Wow!! I had no idea $177 could be so well spent! Way to go Veach! :-)
big nasty kcnut 03:37 PM 08-13-2020
Let's fucking do this!
DJ's left nut 03:37 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by Megatron96:
But, and I don't know this for sure because I haven't looked any of it up yet, if we looked at the top 15 WRs and their production vs. the top 15 TEs production, excluding the two top performers of each group, I'm guessing right now that the WRs group would post significantly higher numbers. just picked "top-15" out of a hat; could've picked top-10 or 12 or whatever.

My point being, that with WRs we probably see a larger group of high-impact players than with TEs. With TEs, it's basically Kelce and Kittle and then a large drop in stats, whereas with WRs there's probably a group of, I don't know, 10-15 WRs that all perform at a pretty high level. And it's been that way for decades.

Also, and this is mostly hearsay because I literally heard it during one of the playoff games back in January, historically TEs aren't big factors in the playoffs/Super Bowl. One of the commentators said it, and I can't even remember which one, but I remember it because he even singled out TG, saying he didn't do much in the playoffs during his career. It's possible that the NFL believes this holistically.
But in the modern NFL, a 1-1 comparison isn't really fair.

Most teams spend a majority of their time w/ 3 WRs on the field to only 1 TE. So if you're gonna put together a baseline of the top 30 'starting' TEs in the league, it would need to be compared to the top 90 WRs. or at least the top 75.

And in the middle of both of those groups I suspect you'll find a lot of chaff both ways.

I think we're also understating the value of some of the 2nd tier TEs. I mean guys like Ertz, Waller, Engram, Henry, Goedert, Andrews, Fant, Hooper, Hock, Herndon, Smith - they're not fungible guys. Those are damn good, damn valuable players.

In the end, it's been nothing but a good thing for an organization that can likely claim 2 of the top 10 of all time when all is said and done. Saves the Chiefs a few bucks to be at the top of an inefficient market. But I think it's really wrong-headed.
Megatron96 03:47 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
But in the modern NFL, a 1-1 comparison isn't really fair.

Most teams spend a majority of their time w/ 3 WRs on the field to only 1 TE. So if you're gonna put together a baseline of the top 30 'starting' TEs in the league, it would need to be compared to the top 90 WRs. or at least the top 75.

And in the middle of both of those groups I suspect you'll find a lot of chaff both ways.

I think we're also understating the value of some of the 2nd tier TEs. I mean guys like Ertz, Waller, Engram, Henry, Goedert, Andrews, Fant, Hooper, Hock, Herndon, Smith - they're not fungible guys. Those are damn good, damn valuable players.

In the end, it's been nothing but a good thing for an organization that can likely claim 2 of the top 10 of all time when all is said and done. Saves the Chiefs a few bucks to be at the top of an inefficient market. But I think it's really wrong-headed.
I agree with you across the board. I have always felt that pass-catching TEs were undervalued in the modern NFL, not only by the front offices, but also by most OCs. But I'm having some fun playing Devil's advocate here anyway.

It would help if you threw in a radical largely unsupported theory once in a while though.:-)
BWillie 04:03 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by staylor26:
:-)

That’s why Veach is running the show and not one of CP’s biggest morons.

Titty Meat 05:00 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Whoa that whore?
staylor26 05:06 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
I can read. I know you said it “doesn’t appear to be an error”, but you still said you wouldn’t have done it.

Anybody that sees the deal he got and still wouldn’t have paid him is an idiot. It’s that simple.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:14 PM 08-13-2020

Travis Kelce cash flow:

'20: $9.25m
'21: $13.25m
'22: $7.5m
'23: $13.25m
'24: $15m
'25: $17.25m

The #Chiefs wanted to keep their core of players together. The Mahomes, Jones and Kelce deals are going to help them do that. https://t.co/Bf3XXhtLSE

— Mike Garafolo (@MikeGarafolo) August 13, 2020

DRM08 05:18 PM 08-13-2020
Being brutally honest here. I don’t think he makes it to Years 5 & 6 unless he agrees to a paycut by that point.
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 05:29 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by DRM08:
Being brutally honest here. I don’t think he makes it to Years 5 & 6 unless he agrees to a paycut by that point.
What makes you think Kelce won’t continue to be productive?
DRM08 05:35 PM 08-13-2020
What makes you think Kelce won’t continue to be productive?
At age 35-36? He has taken a lot of punishment through the years. He’s a warrior. But I don’t think he’s gonna be the same guy with 4 more seasons of punishment, especially if KC continues making deep playoff runs. Extra games and punishment on his body.
Hydrae 05:37 PM 08-13-2020
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
Sounds like a solid plan. Player gets his guaranteed money. Chiefs counting on the salary cap to go up more with the new TV contracts kicks in and the contract looks like a bargain.

Veach has done wonders with our $177 of cap room.
And with Hunt on the finance committee, he has inside information and can help plan accordingly. :-)
KChiefs1 05:55 PM 08-13-2020
Kelce vs Kittle

https://twitter.com/pff/status/1293989717000814592?s=21
Page 10 of 14
« First < 678910 11121314 >
Up