ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Nzoner's Game Room>Don't be me with your computer files
Mr. Wizard 03:28 PM 10-27-2020
:-):-) I just lost all of my computer data dating back 20 years. Long story short I had it BACKED UP on a 2tb portable hard drive which I dropped. It's trashed. 2 different sysops looked at it. I can send it to the company and pray but that bill starts at $1000.00 They took it apart and its running but the arm is scratching back and forth across the disk. No light comes on and it is not recognized by any computer I plug it into. 20 years of taxes, personal files, small business files and lesson plans and lessons from my 30 years of teaching welding - gone.:-):-)

Truthfully I had it backed up on my computer c drive which had to be re-imaged.
My though was, it gets re-imaged, I copy everything back, now I still have two copies. :-)BAM god punished me.:-):-)

Don't be me, back that stuff up twice. I would do it on "the cloud" but know little about it. Mr. Wizard is wrong again!

PS is the cloud a good idea for an old dog like me?
[Reply]
GloryDayz 01:08 AM 11-06-2020
Don't worry, the NSA, Russia, and the Chinese have all your data.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:25 AM 11-06-2020
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
7 bucks for the first year for a 5 TB cloud backup.

https://www.idrive.com/

Renews at standard rate.

My Google Fiber pipe is flowing right now!
iDrive is pretty good. They have a couple of drawbacks that the average user might not consider.

1. Storage is a little more expensive, no unlimited option.
2. No de-dupe so be sure you're not duplicating files.
3. When you hit your data cap, it doesn't stop. It backs up everything and then you get a bill.
4. You have to setup 2-factor and your personal encryption, it doesn't default to it.
[Reply]
Page 9 of 9
« First < 56789
Up