ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Nzoner's Game Room>Stephon Gilmore on the trade block
Sassy Squatch 08:59 AM 10-27-2020

#Patriots have talked about trading 2019 Defensive player of the year, CB Stephon Gilmore, per @AlbertBreer

They were in contact and had conversations with teams about trading him in August - Could be a trade target again with Pats going through a losing season without Tom Brady pic.twitter.com/I9SIYJexzP

— Dov Kleiman (@NFL_DovKleiman) October 27, 2020

[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:29 AM 10-29-2020
Still insecure, must have known names
[Reply]
JakeF 07:30 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
First of all, he's not a "stud". He's 30 years old and showing signs of age.

Second, his price tag will likely be 1 or 2 high picks plus money.

That's the last thing the Chiefs should be doing right now. They're already tight on money and need every pick they have to keep the roster from falling off behind the big contracts.
ok,ok ... calm down

I was just responding to the comment about Gilmore not fitting.

He's probably too expensive for us anyway. We've have so much money already locked up that we need to be careful about anyone else we pickup.
[Reply]
BossChief 07:41 AM 10-29-2020
Everything considered, I wouldn’t trade Sneed for him straight up.
[Reply]
mililo4cpa 07:48 AM 10-29-2020
As much as we like to bag on the weakness of our corners, they have been pretty decent this season. I wouldn't say exceptional by any means, but good in the context of what this team needs to win week to week (with the Fade game being the lone exception, and that was just as much on the safeties as it was the corners alone)

Then you add in the fact that we haven't had our full arsenal of corners available at one time, mainly that Sneed hasn't played a down with Breeland available, meaning that when/if Sneed comes back this year, that will likely be net gain for us.

So, I'm of the opinion that it makes zero sense to waste draft capital, particularly the high value picks, on someone who likely doesn't make us that much better as a team as a whole, especially since Gilmore has likely started the decline....
[Reply]
htismaqe 07:51 AM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
ok,ok ... calm down

I was just responding to the comment about Gilmore not fitting.

He's probably too expensive for us anyway. We've have so much money already locked up that we need to be careful about anyone else we pickup.
You asked how he's not a fit for any team.

For the Chiefs, he's:

1. Too old and
2. Too expensive.

I was answering your question.
[Reply]
Coach 04:12 PM 10-29-2020

For the Chiefs, he's:

1. Too old and
2. Too expensive.

I would also like to add:

3. He's from New England. KC does not have a great success getting people from New England.
[Reply]
Basileus777 04:40 PM 10-29-2020
I dunno, can he play backup tight end?
[Reply]
JakeF 08:07 PM 10-29-2020

For the Chiefs, he's:

1. Too old and
2. Too expensive.

You are talking about off the field. I was talking about on the field. I don't disagree with your points.

The patriots just gave Gilmore more money this year because of the Ramsey deal. A bunch of it comes from bonuses and incentives. Maybe the Patriots don't want to pay them. He can get 15 million in base salary and another 7 million in incentives. That is a lot of money to drop. The Patriots have a lot of cap space so this would just be about the $$$. Getting rid of him would still create a ton of dead money though. They better be sure that Gilmore is done.

I doubt he goes anywhere.
[Reply]
htismaqe 08:16 PM 10-29-2020
Originally Posted by JakeF:
You are talking about off the field. I was talking about on the field. I don't disagree with your points.

The patriots just gave Gilmore more money this year because of the Ramsey deal. A bunch of it comes from bonuses and incentives. Maybe the Patriots don't want to pay them. He can get 15 million in base salary and another 7 million in incentives. That is a lot of money to drop. The Patriots have a lot of cap space so this would just be about the $$$. Getting rid of him would still create a ton of dead money though. They better be sure that Gilmore is done.

I doubt he goes anywhere.
You can't separate the two.

He's not the player he used to be. Watch the Patriots, their defense isn't what it was largely because Gilmore and McCourty are finally getting old.

He's lost a stop and that, combined with the contract, make him undesirable for anybody but the most desperate teams.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 7
« First < 34567
Up