ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Media Center>Big Bang Theory is done after 2019
Buehler445 02:58 PM 08-25-2018
I'm not a huge Big Bang Theory Fan (however, the same cannot be said for the cans of Kaley Cuoco's cans - Big, big fan), but one can't dismiss the effect of the show. I'm not sure it's as big as Seinfeld but it's close.

Pretty big deal, IMO.

Apparently Parsons wanted to move on.

https://screenrant.com/big-bang-theo...sons-response/
[Reply]
alpha_omega 07:14 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by sully1983:
never seen a single episode before.
Same here. I’ve heard it was good, just never interested for whatever reason.
[Reply]
Dayze 07:30 PM 08-26-2018
Melissa Raush is smokin.
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 07:59 PM 08-26-2018
I just started recording these on tv. I really love it early on, then like most things it sours after so long.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:07 PM 08-26-2018
Originally Posted by Dayze:
Melissa Raush is smokin.
Back in the days of Best Week Ever and I Love the [XYZ], I couldn't decide if she or Rachel Harris was hotter.
[Reply]
scho63 07:00 AM 08-27-2018
Seinfeld, Cheers and M•A•S•H are in a league of their own. All unique and no equals IMHO.

Big Bang Theory is a great show and pretty much nails the nerd/tech/social awkward cliques. I think they have run the full spectrum of storylines and the time is right.

Young Sheldon is also an excellent show with some great acting. Annie Potts does an incredible job as the free spirit young grandmother.
[Reply]
Frazod 08:17 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by scho63:
Seinfeld, Cheers and M•A•S•H are in a league of their own. All unique and no equals IMHO.

Big Bang Theory is a great show and pretty much nails the nerd/tech/social awkward cliques. I think they have run the full spectrum of storylines and the time is right.

Young Sheldon is also an excellent show with some great acting. Annie Potts does an incredible job as the free spirit young grandmother.
Seinfeld certainly had its share of funny moments, but I hated the characters. They were all narcissistic, unlikable pricks. Oh, and fuck New York. I rarely watched it when it was on and never watch the reruns.

Cheers was great, but Frasier was better.

As for MASH, the first three seasons were probably the best comedy ever. But as the original cast started to drop off, it got worse and worse, and by the end was pretty much unwatchable. I generally won't watch any episodes after season four.

Loved Night Court and WKRP, neither of which ever got old or stale.

I think the two most consistently funny characters ever are Niles Crane from Frasier and Dan Fielding from Night Court.
[Reply]
Dayze 11:04 AM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Frazod:
Seinfeld certainly had its share of funny moments, but I hated the characters. They were all narcissistic, unlikable pricks. Oh, and **** New York. I rarely watched it when it was on and never watch the reruns.

As for MASH, the first three seasons were probably the best comedy ever. But as the original cast started to drop off, it got worse and worse, and by the end was pretty much unwatchable. I generally won't watch any episodes after season four.

I think the two most consistently funny characters ever are Niles Crane from Frasier and Dan Fielding from Night Court.
yep
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 11:28 AM 08-27-2018
Seinfeld certainly had its share of funny moments, but I hated the characters. They were all narcissistic, unlikable pricks. Oh, and **** New York. I rarely watched it when it was on and never watch the reruns.

Barney Miller and Taxi were 2 more sitcoms that will live forever in my mind.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 11:53 AM 08-27-2018
Seinfeld certainly had its share of funny moments, but I hated the characters. They were all narcissistic, unlikable pricks. Oh, and fuck New York. I rarely watched it when it was on and never watch the reruns.

I think you're missing a sit com on your "great" list.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 11:54 AM 08-27-2018
The Nickleback of television shows.
[Reply]
Frazod 01:02 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Al Bundy:
I think you're missing a sit com on your "great" list.
And what would that be?

EDIT - it too me WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long to figure it out. :-)
[Reply]
Pablo 01:30 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by BigBeauford:
The Nickleback of television shows.
:-)

So very true.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:29 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Pablo:

So very true.
Isn’t that the basic tenant of sitcom?

I cant think of a single network TV show that isn’t the TV equivalent of Nickleback.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:01 PM 08-27-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Isn’t that the basic tenant of sitcom?

I cant think of a single network TV show that isn’t the TV equivalent of Nickleback.
30 Rock? Arrested Development?

I would agree, the typical 3 camera, 1 or 2 set, laugh track sitcom is all some form of comfort food. Meatloaf, green bean casserole, Nickleback. But there are some that make network that are subversive or innovative.
[Reply]
Al Bundy 04:02 PM 08-27-2018
And what would that be?

EDIT - it too me WAAAAAAAAAAAAY too long to figure it out. :-)
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up