ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 571 of 662
« First < 71471521561567568569570571 572573574575581621 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***The Official MMA Thread***
KcMizzou 08:18 PM 07-08-2010
Excited about an upcoming fight? Want to make predictions, or just give people a heads-up that there are some fights on? We can do it here.

(Also a good place to complain, dicuss, and agrue about the outcomes)
[Reply]
alnorth 05:37 PM 08-29-2018
Not much going on this weekend

Thursday

8pm TV - (5pm Facebook/8pm NBCSN) - PFL 2018 Regular Season #7

This is the final PFL "Regular Season" Fight card before they cut to 8 in each division and begin their playoffs.

Saturday

noon - (Fightpass) - Cage Warriors 96

This is the top "B League" in Europe, and judging by the tapology rankings, this is about average for this promotion.

7pm - (Fightpass) - Invicta FC 31

Looking at the card, even though the main event is their strawweight title, this is probably below average for Invicta. Aside from their main event, there might only be 1 fighter (whoever wins the co-main) with a realistic shot at fighting in the UFC.
[Reply]
alnorth 07:16 PM 08-29-2018
So, Donald Cerrone is apparently not on good terms with Jackson Wink.

He was on JRE today, and after drinking quite a bit, he put them on blast in a real big way.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Z4TKUEpbtJ8
[Reply]
alnorth 06:22 AM 08-30-2018
Winkeljohn responded to Cowboy's tirade, basically saying that he has no loyalty to anyone but himself, and he's just blasting them because he's now a competitor with his own gym.

“Loyalty is two sides,” the coach told MMAjunkie. “‘Cowboy’ is not loyal to anybody in the gym. He’s on his own. He does his own thing. He has not, from what I can remember in the last 10 years, ever helped anybody out with their own camp. He’s as narcissistic as they come.”
[Reply]
alnorth 10:30 PM 09-03-2018
Here's the excerpt where Cowboy describes his cave diving disaster

[Reply]
alnorth 12:37 PM 09-07-2018
Pretty good PPV this weekend.

Saturday

7pm TV - (5:15pm Fightpass/7pm FX/ 9pm PPV) - UFC 228, Woodley vs. Till

The prelims are pretty good, and the main card is decent. Not bad, not incredible, just pretty decent with an interesting championship fight.

Sunday

2am - (Fightpass) - Pancrase 299

Pancrase is usually bad, but good lord, based on tapology ranking this card is terrible. Its already tough to stay up to watch Pancrase, but for this? No way.
[Reply]
BIG_DADDY 01:45 PM 09-07-2018
The biggest fight this weekend for me will be my son in a jiu-jitsu tournament against what is the closest thing to a prodigy at 11. 19 wins and 18 submissions. My boy can't wait to to get out on the mat against the guy.

Yes I will be buying the PPV. Looks like a good card.
[Reply]
alnorth 05:55 PM 09-07-2018
For those who weren't already aware, Nicco Montaño had a problem with her weight cut, and the co-main event (the women's flyweight championship) is cancelled.

But that doesn't really change the quality of this card, because this fight was always seen as a likely one-sided beatdown. Montaño's challenger was the biggest favorite in UFC championship bout history because everyone with 2 brain cells to rub together believed that the world-class Muay Thai fighter was going to beat the 14th-seeded contestant of the ultimate fighter reality TV show who has a lifetime record of 4-2, and it wouldn't even be very close. That fight is now postponed, but Valentina Shevchenko will still get her belt soon enough.
[Reply]
alnorth 06:05 PM 09-07-2018
lol, the women's flyweight title is now vacant. Nicco has been kicked to the curb.

UFC president Dana White tells us Nicco Montaño will vacate the flyweight title after having to cut short her weight cut at UFC 228.

Title challenger Valentina Shevchenko will fight for the vacant belt as soon as she's able, per White.

— Phil Murphy (@Phil_Sports) September 7, 2018

[Reply]
alnorth 09:46 PM 09-08-2018
This card has been awesome, and the main event is up! Darren Till has been pretty unlikeable and arrogant, but his opponent is... Tyron Woodley. So, shine on you crazy Brit, go get that belt, because the current champ is by far the most boring fighter in the UFC, and he needs to be shoved aside.

edit: welp, so much for that. That was a slick submission, Woodley deserved that win.
[Reply]
alnorth 04:38 AM 09-09-2018
Din Thomas gave Tyron Woodley his jiu-jitsu black belt after he won

.@DinThomas surprises @TWooodley by awarding him his Brazilian jiu-jitsu black belt at #UFC228. (@allelbows) pic.twitter.com/kPHSMqgzqQ

— MMAFighting.com (@MMAFighting) September 9, 2018

[Reply]
WhawhaWhat 08:31 AM 09-09-2018
Originally Posted by alnorth:
This card has been awesome, and the main event is up! Darren Till has been pretty unlikeable and arrogant, but his opponent is... Tyron Woodley. So, shine on you crazy Brit, go get that belt, because the current champ is by far the most boring fighter in the UFC, and he needs to be shoved aside.

edit: welp, so much for that. That was a slick submission, Woodley deserved that win.
Not much of a showing from Till. He did basically nothing in the 1st round and then got the shit kicked out of him in the 2nd. Great card last night overall, really one of the best of the year.
[Reply]
Pants 08:55 AM 09-09-2018
Joanna likes to call herself the Boogie Woman, but I think Andrade showed us what that actually looks like yesterday.

I've never seen anything like it. It was scary to watch.
[Reply]
alnorth 01:48 PM 09-09-2018
Originally Posted by Pants:
Joanna likes to call herself the Boogie Woman, but I think Andrade showed us what that actually looks like yesterday.

I've never seen anything like it. It was scary to watch.
After seeing this, I want to give Karolina a hug

pic.twitter.com/o67sPZf3vt

— KarolinaKowalkiewicz (@KarolinaMMA) September 9, 2018

[Reply]
alnorth 08:33 AM 09-11-2018
Lol, wow.

For those who don't know, it is a lot easier for men to cut weight, female fighters have to come into fight week a lot closer to their target weight than male fighters. A female flyweight coming in 20 pounds over is just fucking stupid.

.@BulletValentina says that @NiccoMontano was 20 lbs. overweight on fight week. Calls Nicco “completely irresponsible” & “unprofessional”. #HelwaniShow @arielhelwani

— MMA On Point (@OnPointMMA) September 10, 2018

[Reply]
alnorth 02:18 PM 09-11-2018
The UFC goes to Russia for the first time this weekend with a card thats kinda crappy.... but the main event should be fun.

Friday

7:30pm - (Fightpass) - Glory 58

Kickboxing

9:15 pm - (Fightpass) - Friday Night Fights

Boxing

Saturday

9:30am - (Fightpass) - UFC Fight Night, Hunt vs. Oleinik

This is a card that is at night local time with pretty much every Russian fighter not named Nurmagomedov. So yeah, it is pretty bad, but the main event should be good!
[Reply]
Page 571 of 662
« First < 71471521561567568569570571 572573574575581621 > Last »
Up