ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 928 of 2690
« First < 428828878918924925926927928 929930931932938978102814281928 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
RunKC 03:38 PM 08-29-2018
“The Chiefs haven’t had a QB to get them better field position or keep them away from bad situations like Alex.”

Yeah so what about a QB that scores points, Kevin?
[Reply]
Best22 03:38 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Eh.

He's not really wrong.

The Chiefs did commit few turnovers.

They did take away the ball a lot.

Alex Smith WAS good at setting up the punter.

The Chiefs D generally didn't have to defend a short field.

That's all stuff i argued right here two years ago.

Mahomes WILL turn the ball over more frequently.

There's a good chance that our takeaways will drop since we traded the man responsible for the majority of them.

If he called Mahomes a turnover machine, which i wasn't paying attention to, then yeah, that's wrong.

Otherwise....he's right.
And none of that led to even an AFC title game appearance

Let's try something new...
[Reply]
Marcellus 03:39 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
“The Chiefs haven’t had a QB to get them better field position or keep them away from bad situations like Alex.”

Yeah so what about a QB that scores points, Kevin?
Exactly, its the difference between playing "safe" football and playing aggressive football dictating the game.

Defenses will be on their heals from the start of every game. Its going to be fun to watch.
[Reply]
FAX 03:39 PM 08-29-2018
Just one more inky-dinky comment on this issue ...

If you watch the Human Trebuchet's college film, you almost never see him throw short of the sticks on 3rd down. He will throw the ball away and he will scramble, but he's always looking for the receiver past the line of gain and working his ass off to get it there. Always looking downfield. Always.

See for yourself, Planeteers. Matt Waldman has some great analysis on his site, for example.

FAX
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:47 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
What is he NOT saying?
Like what i just mentioned.

He doesn't discuss why the change was made.

He doesn't discuss the benefits of a high octane offense, and that while turn overs will increase, offensive scoring consistency should increase as well.

He cites how great the Chiefs were at big plays, but neglects to mention the mid season slump or the playoff games in which Alex couldn't muster the fortitude to deliver.

He says little things here and there that demonstrate that he KNOWS these things, he just refuses to discuss it either to drive home his man love for Alex, or to troll Chiefs fans.
[Reply]
Easy 6 03:56 PM 08-29-2018
Like what i just mentioned.

He doesn't discuss why the change was made.

He doesn't discuss the benefits of a high octane offense, and that while turn overs will increase, offensive scoring consistency should increase as well.

He cites how great the Chiefs were at big plays, but neglects to mention the mid season slump or the playoff games in which Alex couldn't muster the fortitude to deliver.

He says little things here and there that demonstrate that he KNOWS these things, he just refuses to discuss it either to drive home his man love for Alex, or to troll Chiefs fans.
Thats exactly what I was looking for, thanks

So the guy is just being a pinheaded assmunch, telling one side of the story and ignoring the other... Best 22 has the best reply to Keitzman above
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 03:59 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by New World Order:
Mahomes has played basically played 5 quarters in the preseason and has 1 pick.
Quoting this so buttfucking dumbasses in the media can read it and maybe comprehend it this time.

Originally Posted by :
In 49 dropbacks this preseason Patrick Mahomes II had one turnover.

Mahomes averaged one INT every 46.5 passes at Tech.

He had one turnover in preseason last year.

He had one turnover in 44 dropbacks at Denver last year.

WHAT A SHOCK THAT THIS RATE IS CONTINUING IN 2018

[Reply]
FAX 04:10 PM 08-29-2018
One more inky-dinky item (for those interested in more inky-dinky items) ...

The single INT this preseason was a forced ball to Watkins and it was patently obvious to everyone with a functioning consciousness that the Human Trebuchet made up his mind to hit Watkins on that play from the get-go. Yes, he stared down the receiver. And yes, he failed to look off the safety. And yes, he knew it was a mistake the second the ball left his catapult bucket.

On the other hand, Watkins needed to get involved even if it meant forcing one his way. (I'm pretty sure that's what that one was all about). Plus, I honestly don't believe THT is stupid. I don't think he'll make mistakes like that out of idiocy (ala Fav-rah) or on any sort of consistent basis. Reid has him by the shorts and is teaching him well. Mahomes wants to be great and is willing to pay the price to get there.

Have no fear, Kleitzman (sp?) and all ye who doubt Cannon Boy. All will be revealed after he wipes the soccer field with Rivers.

FAX
[Reply]
SAUTO 04:20 PM 08-29-2018
I just want to say...

I'm SO FUCKING GLAD OLE FAXY IS BACK.
[Reply]
saphojunkie 04:23 PM 08-29-2018
Eh.

He's not really wrong.

The Chiefs did commit few turnovers.

They did take away the ball a lot.

Alex Smith WAS good at setting up the punter.

The Chiefs D generally didn't have to defend a short field.

That's all stuff i argued right here two years ago.

Mahomes WILL turn the ball over more frequently.

There's a good chance that our takeaways will drop since we traded the man responsible for the majority of them.

If he called Mahomes a turnover machine, which i wasn't paying attention to, then yeah, that's wrong.

Otherwise....he's right.
Gal Gadot has a butthole.

Your ex girlfriend scored high on her SATs. She did a much better job than Gal Gadot can of making your uncle Lester feel comfortable. Your ex girlfriend had a steadier job that got her home by 6pm every day.

Gal Gadot won’t eat cracklings at 3 am with you and then smoke eight menthols and pass out on the couch.

Your ex girlfriend talked to a lot fewer rich good looking guys than Gal Gadot will.

You never had to get ready for a movie premiere and shave for your ex girlfriend.

Strangers never told you that your ex girlfriend was “out of your league” and you were “way outkicking your coverage.”

Gal Gadot is gonna make you more self conscious.

Millions of men don’t fantasize daily about your ex girlfriend.

I know who I’d choose!
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:45 PM 08-29-2018
Mahomes turnover rate in college was low enough, and he's smart enough, and Reid is a good enough coach with enough talent around his QB that turnovers aren't going to be near the issue people are harping on.

You know who averaged 11 INTs his first five seasons in the league? PHILIP RIVERS.

The poster boy for throwing dumbass INTs wasn't even turnover prone when he entered the league, primarily because he was surrounded by a strong supporting cast and his coach wasn't a buttfucking moron.

Mahomes is going into almost the exact same situation, is more talented, and has better receivers and a better coach around him.

I'm sure there will be you-fucked-my-mother whining all over KC sports radio and twitter when he throws his completely awful 11 interceptions this season, though.

The same number thrown by that god awful turnover machine Russell Wilson the last two seasons. God forbid he throw 13 like future hall of famer Ben Roethlisberger. THE HORROR!
[Reply]
Halfcan 05:10 PM 08-29-2018
Watson is on the cover of SI with a huge write-up declaring him the best QB ever...

meanwhile, they pick Chiefs to go 7-9 and Mahomes is a reckless gunslinger.

If we drafted Watson instead- they would still pick us to go 7-9 and Watson would be considered the injury risk QB he is.

Mahomes would be on the cover as the Texas Gunslinger and be receiving all the adulation that Watson is getting.
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:13 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:
Watson is on the cover of SI with a huge write-up declaring him the best QB ever...

If we drafted Watson instead- they would still pick us to go 7-9 and Watson would be considered the injury risk QB he is.

Mahomes would be on the cover as the Texas Gunslinger and be receiving all the adulation that Watson is getting.
You know who's a reckless gunslinger? Deshaun fucking Watson.

Well, if he's packing BB handguns, I guess. Then he's a gunslinger.

THAT guy is a pick machine.
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:14 PM 08-29-2018
Watson is gonna fuck his momma on live TV this year.

Just watch
[Reply]
FAX 05:16 PM 08-29-2018
Originally Posted by Halfcan:

Easy fix, Mr. Halfcan.

We start "Texas Gunslinger" magazine.

Perhaps we can have a centerfold, too?

FAX THE PROBLEM SOLVER
[Reply]
Page 928 of 2690
« First < 428828878918924925926927928 929930931932938978102814281928 > Last »
Up