ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 14 of 33
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread
DaFace 08:09 PM 04-23-2019
Since Endgame is probably one of the most anticipated films we've had here in a while, let's quarantine all discussion from those who have seen the film (or who have otherwise read spoilers). If you don't want to see stuff get spoiled, stay out!

(And this will likely be the last time I view this thread until Friday, so if you need me to put something in the OP or similar, shoot me a PM. I won't read posts in here.)
[Reply]
FAX 06:16 PM 04-28-2019
Not everybody likes Kevin Smith, of course. But I do, and he dropped a UToob video which is a recap of the film ... all spoilers.

It's cool to listen to someone who legitimately loves these films talk about Endgame ... his genuine appreciation comes through. If you're into that sort of thing, I recommend it. (He cries about 10 times during his recap.) The link is below if you're interested ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s-6a5GCkR7A

FAX
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:21 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Loved the movie. Tied it up nice and yes I teared up at the end. I was pretty shocked Nat died. Isn't she getting a black widow movie?

I'm excited for the future...
Yes, I believe they have announced a Black Widow movie. No idea how that will work? Prequel maybe?

They have announced series of Loki and Falcon and The Winter Soldier too.
[Reply]
kc rush 06:23 PM 04-28-2019
I enjoyed it, but not as much as Infinity War. It definitely could have been tightened up.

Got a chuckle though when Captain Marvel started talking at Avengers HQ. She sounded kind of bitchy and there was an audible groan from multiple people in the theater.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:32 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by kc rush:
I enjoyed it, but not as much as Infinity War. It definitely could have been tightened up.

Got a chuckle though when Captain Marvel started talking at Avengers HQ. She sounded kind of bitchy and there was an audible groan from multiple people in the theater.
Speaking of that scene, It didn’t match up with the end scene of Captain Marvel. She just showed up and surprised them in the war room.

In Endgame, she just flew in with the ship
[Reply]
Jewish Rabbi 06:37 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Speaking of that scene, It didn’t match up with the end scene of Captain Marvel. She just showed up and surprised them in the war room.

In Endgame, she just flew in with the ship
She surprised them in the war room then left to go get Stark.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:48 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Jewish Rabbi:
She surprised them in the war room then left to go get Stark.

Ah ok. That makes sense
[Reply]
JD10367 05:32 AM 04-29-2019
Yes, I believe they have announced a Black Widow movie. No idea how that will work? Prequel maybe?
Unless they can talk Chris Evans back for a cameo, and somehow him returning the Soul Stone allows them to get Black Widow back. Admittedly, I like that only to see him have to deal with Red Skull politely.

So whatever happened to the love affair between Natasha and Bruce? That just got sort of dropped?
Their relationship was always a bit of a dance. Banner expressed his feelings by punching the floor when he found out she died.

Speaking of that scene, it didn’t match up with the end scene of Captain Marvel. She just showed up and surprised them in the war room.

In Endgame, she just flew in with the ship.
So that was a jarring plot issue that I was confused about, until I thought about it. I'm pretty sure every mid- and post-credit scene in the MCU up to this point has been things that have actually happened at a point in time in between the films. The schwarma lunch, Coulson revealing Thor's hammer in the desert, Fury paging Captain Marvel, et cetera. None of them were actually scenes that showed up in the next film. But they certainly could've added a quick scene at the beginning of CM, CA, BW, and Hulk all sitting around the headquarters, and them simply saying, "Wow, that's quite a story, nice to meet you, now can you go look for someone for us?"
[Reply]
listopencil 08:32 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by BigRichard:
I think that was the worst part of the movie so no. They completely hosed up time travel in this movie.

Depends on what you think the rules are. Chew on this for a minute: Bucky knew what Cap was doing when he jumped back in time. The last thing Bucky says to him is, " Gonna miss you, buddy." When Cap doesn't reappear the film only shows Hulk and Sam reacting with surprise. Bucky is out of those shots. The next time you see Bucky he's walking away slowly with a sly grin on his face, and then Bucky sees old Cap on the bench.
[Reply]
Jamie 09:35 AM 04-29-2019
Black Widow will be a prequel, I think the may have even announced that. I'd guess it will also introduce a new Black Widow.

Time travel logic theory: changing the past creates an alternate universe. The time travel suit anchors you to the universe you came from so you can get back. So in the end Cap didn't use the recall to come back to our universe, he traveled to our universe (offscreen) and intends to use the recall to go back to the universe where he married Peggy. Where he might have kids and grandkids, for all we know.

This would also solve the problem of Cap letting bad things happen for 70 years to stay hidden. I mean, Peggy's not just some lady, she's the director of SHIELD. Is he really not going to warn her about Hydra?
[Reply]
CoMoChief 10:41 AM 04-29-2019
Bucky should have gotten Cap's shield.

He's a super soldier...Sam Wilson (Falcon is not)
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 11:02 AM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

Falcon is more worthy and pure. Decorated soldier with clean record.

Bucky was an assassin who has Murdered innocent people.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 01:01 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by CoMoChief:

But he's got woosh wings and pew pew guns!
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 02:46 PM 04-29-2019
Falcon and Winter Soldier are supposed to have a show on Disney+ wonder if that will change since Sam is now the new Cap.
[Reply]
listopencil 09:19 PM 04-29-2019
Why Cap and Widow never hooked up...

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:17 PM 04-29-2019
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Why Cap and Widow never hooked up...

Lmao... I totally could see Cap fucking this up
[Reply]
Page 14 of 33
« First < 41011121314 1516171824 > Last »
Up