ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 33
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Media Center>Avengers (4) Endgame - Spoilers Welcome Thread
DaFace 08:09 PM 04-23-2019
Since Endgame is probably one of the most anticipated films we've had here in a while, let's quarantine all discussion from those who have seen the film (or who have otherwise read spoilers). If you don't want to see stuff get spoiled, stay out!

(And this will likely be the last time I view this thread until Friday, so if you need me to put something in the OP or similar, shoot me a PM. I won't read posts in here.)
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 01:02 AM 04-28-2019

[Reply]
FAX 06:03 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Outstanding.

I was beginning to wonder why nobody was thinking about this. But they were!

My faith in humanity is restored.

The main character development throughout this franchise has been ... just damn awesome. (The post credit sound of a hammer on iron was borderline chilling.)

I'll miss The Bobfather, but I trust Feige to pilot the ship going forward. He even has a ton of new character tools to use. If they can keep the actors out of jail, the future looks bright.

FAX
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 08:40 AM 04-28-2019
So time travel is obviously a well worn sci-fi trope.

Is this one of the best time travel movies of all time?

Back to the Future
The first two Terminator flicks
Star Trek IV
The Time Machine.

I think it’s right up there with those.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:39 AM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So time travel is obviously a well worn sci-fi trope.

Is this one of the best time travel movies of all time?

Back to the Future
The first two Terminator flicks
Star Trek IV
The Time Machine.

I think it’s right up there with those.
I think that was the worst part of the movie so no. They completely hosed up time travel in this movie.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:40 AM 04-28-2019
In all of this I forgot to mention fat Thor, I know some hated him but I thought he was some of the best parts of the film.
[Reply]
Bowser 11:35 AM 04-28-2019
My inner 15 year old comic book nerd that got hooked on Marvel starting with the original Secret Wars story and going through all the Infinity Gauntlet stories and spin offs was completely geeked out and loving every second. The Russo Brothers pulled off this story about as well as they possibly could have considering they had maybe only 60% of the players needed to tell it properly (imho, considering the original content). I do think Infinity War was the better movie all around, but Endgame is just a notch or two-three under it. Did NOT feel like a three hour movie, and I will gladly pay to see it a couple of more times in the theaters.

My (minor) gripes about the movie...

- I didn't like how they essentially de-nutted the three heavy hitters the heroes had. Professor Hulk was just kind of there mostly, being the second string big brain. I did enjoy the scene with him and the Ancient One, and that scene where Thanos blew the Avengers compound to hell and Hulk was essentially holding the compound up to save Rocket and Rhoadie was a nod to the original Secret Wars when Molecule Man dropped and entire mountain on the heroes and Hulk was holding it up. Nice touch by the Russos there. Thor's story was good albeit cheesy (although he's really already had his redemption arc in Ragnarok), but I liked how he got to say goodbye to his mother and find out he was still worthy of Mjolnir. Captain Marvel was just sent out of 90% of the picture, but I can kind of understand. If those three weren't set up like they had been and were at full strength working together, they would have taken down a non-gauntlet wielding Thanos not easily, but eventually and rather quickly.

- I don't really care about the logic/nonsense of the time travel aspect. They spun a new angle of telling a story that has been beat to death in sci-fi over the years, so I enjoyed it.

Also, I love how they paid homage to the past MCU movies in some fashion. I think they touched on most of them, and I really enjoyed how they brought it all together. I loved the scene where Cap told Sitwell and the Strike Team "Hail Hydra" in the elevator (I thought they were setting up another elevator fight scene, lol). And I like how all the original actors showed up for their parts, even if it was only for a few seconds.

This movie was a huge, huge undertaking, and they hit it. Good for them, and good for Marvel.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:41 PM 04-28-2019
And of course, Cap calling Mjolnir. I figured that was coming at some point, especially how he moved it in Age of Ultron (not mentioning how he wielded it in the comics). The audience I was with went nuts when it happened. Great moment.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 01:20 PM 04-28-2019
NEW YORK (AP) — The universe belongs to Marvel. “Avengers: Endgame” shattered the record for biggest opening weekend with an estimated $350 million in ticket sales domestically and $1.2 billion globally, reaching a new pinnacle in the blockbuster era that the comic-book studio has come to dominate.

The “Avengers” finale far exceeded even its own gargantuan expectations, according to studio estimates Sunday. The movie had been forecast to open between $260 million and $300 million in U.S. and Canadian theaters, but moviegoers turned out in such droves that “Endgame” blew past the previous record of $257.7 million, set last year by “Avengers: Infinity War” when it narrowly surpassed “The Force Awakens.”

“Endgame” was just as enormous overseas. Worldwide, it obliterated the previous record of $640.5 million, also set by “Infinity War.” (“Infinity War” didn’t open in China, the world’s second largest movie market, until two weeks after its debut.) “Endgame” set a new weekend record in China, too, where it made $330.5 million.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 01:37 PM 04-28-2019
So whatever happened to the love affair between Natasha and Bruce? That just got sort of dropped?

And they brought back Williams Hurts General Ross but never Betty Ross again?
[Reply]
listopencil 03:52 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
So whatever happened to the love affair between Natasha and Bruce? That just got sort of dropped?

And they brought back Williams Hurts General Ross but never Betty Ross again?

Professor Hulk killed her she-boner.
[Reply]
Bowser 04:05 PM 04-28-2019
Oh, one more gripe -

They shouldn't have dusted Thanos (or Ronin the Accuser for that matter). He is such the perfect bad guy and so central to so much in Marvel that he legit is as big as Iron Man or Wolverine or anybody else. I know it's a comic book movie and nobody is ever "really" gone or dead, but I feel they might have painted themselves into a bit of a corner with that move. I'm sure they'll figure it out, somehow.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 05:49 PM 04-28-2019
Loved the movie. Tied it up nice and yes I teared up at the end. I was pretty shocked Nat died. Isn't she getting a black widow movie?

I'm excited for the future...
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:51 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Oh, one more gripe -

They shouldn't have dusted Thanos (or Ronin the Accuser for that matter). He is such the perfect bad guy and so central to so much in Marvel that he legit is as big as Iron Man or Wolverine or anybody else. I know it's a comic book movie and nobody is ever "really" gone or dead, but I feel they might have painted themselves into a bit of a corner with that move. I'm sure they'll figure it out, somehow.
They got Galactus and Doom back. There are plenty of bad guys to build the next big arc around.
[Reply]
Bowser 06:10 PM 04-28-2019
Not going to lie - I'm very much looking forward to Galactus and the rest of the Marvel Cosmics being done properly. Doom as well, he'll definitely carry the baddie water.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 06:15 PM 04-28-2019
Originally Posted by Bowser:
Not going to lie - I'm very much looking forward to Galactus and the rest of the Marvel Cosmics being done properly. Doom as well, he'll definitely carry the baddie water.
Mephisto enters the fray too
[Reply]
Page 13 of 33
« First < 3910111213 1415161723 > Last »
Up