ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Media Center>HBO The Outsider
SAGA45 10:12 AM 01-13-2020
This is pretty good. Slow burn...creepy as hell. Great acting everywhere.
[Reply]
KCUnited 01:11 PM 01-19-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Really was. Powerful shit. And Mendhelson is killing it too there are a lot of places he could stub his toe, but I really feel it. All of it. Old experienced cop, grieving for his kid, guilt about what went down, the whole bit.
Yep the gravesite scene with his wife asking him if he stripped everything away, what did his gut say, was gold as well.

Definitely has a True Detective feel but the quality of some of these scenes has me flashings back to Breaking Bad cancer scenes. Like when Walt gets his diagnosis then tells the doc he's got a mustard stain on his shirt. Really good stuff going on here.
[Reply]
sully1983 10:49 AM 01-20-2020
Originally Posted by KCUnited:
The 'I taught your kid to bunt' scene was masterful tv. Really enjoying this.
Totally agree. Bateman is a terrific actor.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 08:39 PM 01-20-2020
Third episode was slower but that barn scene was creepy. I like this new detective too...can't wait see what is next
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:27 PM 01-20-2020
I was watching a detective show, and the 3rd episode turned into the X-Files. Definitely some weird shit going on!!
[Reply]
SAGA45 05:56 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by DeepPurple:
I was watching a detective show, and the 3rd episode turned into the X-Files. Definitely some weird shit going on!!
I knew it was X-files from the moment I saw green hoodie.
[Reply]
Otter 06:52 AM 01-21-2020
Originally Posted by SAGA45:
I knew it was X-files from the moment I saw green hoodie.
Watched the first 2 episodes last night and X-Files is exactly the vibe I've drawn so far. A labyrinth of stories with no conclusion or closure on the story you just invested a portion of your life viewing. Like having to eat your breakfast cornflakes one at time and never feeling full.

I've learned to despise the X-Files.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:30 PM 01-22-2020
Yeah. I have no clue wtf is going on.
[Reply]
Kman34 03:26 PM 01-27-2020
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Yeah. I have no clue wtf is going on.
Yeah.. I think they are making it too complicated...
[Reply]
bowener 03:46 PM 01-27-2020
This show is where I thought True Detective (S01) was going until I watched episode 4 or 5.

I am quite intrigued to see how The Outsider will wrap up this season. There is a lot going on, but nothing seems wasted or filler yet. However, It's easier to tell that at the conclusion of a story.
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:32 PM 01-27-2020
Watched episode 4 tonight. The director likes to introduce new characters before you know what their importance is, then springs them into action. So we have a trail of 3 people starting with the female in NYC, why she lied about having sex with person #2 I don't understand. The new detective with the strange abilities does make it interesting, in fact they are making the show about her and forgetting the cops in Georgia, except for the one that went hunting. We now know there is some ugly freak in a black hoodie responsible for all this mayhem, I guess he is the devil and it's not really about aliens. This is not a spoiler, because it almost too hard to figure out even if your watching.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:45 PM 01-27-2020
Watched episode 4 tonight. The director likes to introduce new characters before you know what their importance is, then springs them into action. So we have a trail of 3 people starting with the female in NYC, why she lied about having sex with person #2 I don't understand. The new detective with the strange abilities does make it interesting, in fact they are making the show about her and forgetting the cops in Georgia, except for the one that went hunting. We now know there is some ugly freak in a black hoodie responsible for all this mayhem, I guess he is the devil and it's not really about aliens. This is not a spoiler, because it almost too hard to figure out even if your watching.
I'm not overly versed in the entirety of the matter, partially out of desire to enjoy the show, but;

Spoiler!

[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:09 AM 01-28-2020
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I'm not overly versed in the entirety of the matter, partially out of desire to enjoy the show, but;

Spoiler!
I could see her spinning off into a new HBO series.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:59 PM 01-28-2020
I could see her spinning off into a new HBO series.
If you are sufficiently intrigued, this is an existing narrative that has someone else providing another interpretation of the character and milieu.

[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 11:56 PM 01-28-2020
That last episode was completely different from the book.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:51 AM 02-02-2020
Show is getting good...just watched ep 5
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up