ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 153
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Media Center>Star Wars: The Mandalorian
Hammock Parties 08:33 PM 10-04-2018
Jon Favreau is directing this live-action TV series.

Looks TIGHT.

Originally Posted by :
Production on the first Star Wars live-action streaming series has begun!

After the stories of Jango and Boba Fett, another warrior emerges in the Star Wars universe. The Mandalorian is set after the fall of the Empire and before the emergence of the First Order. We follow the travails of a lone gunfighter in the outer reaches of the galaxy far from the authority of the New Republic.

The series will be written and executive produced by Emmy-nominated producer and actor Jon Favreau, as previously announced, with Dave Filoni (Star Wars: The Clone Wars, Star Wars Rebels) directing the first episode.

Additional episodic directors include Deborah Chow (Jessica Jones), Rick Famuyiwa (Dope), Bryce Dallas Howard (Solemates), and Taika Waititi (Thor: Ragnarok).

It will be executive produced by Jon Favreau, Dave Filoni, Kathleen Kennedy, and Colin Wilson. Karen Gilchrist will serve as co-executive producer. Stay tuned to StarWars.com for updates.

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:50 PM 11-29-2019
Really enjoying this show. Wish each episode was a bit longer but it works.
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:45 PM 11-29-2019
I really thought that
Spoiler!

[Reply]
Deberg_1990 06:51 AM 11-30-2019
I’m not sure if he’s partially CGI or not, but I love how baby Yoda is made to look like a puppet. Like in the old movies.

The same with using real masks and makeup for alien characters instead of CGI.
[Reply]
KC_Lee 08:43 AM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Sure-Oz:
Really enjoying this show. Wish each episode was a bit longer but it works.
I love the length. It helps to avoid 10 - 15 minute dialog scenes (i.e. Game of Thrones & Walking Dead) that are nothing more than rehashed exposition.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:37 PM 11-30-2019
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
I’m not sure if he’s partially CGI or not, but I love how baby Yoda is made to look like a puppet. Like in the old movies.
Baby Yoda is a puppet. No VFX.
[Reply]
Raiderhater 03:08 PM 11-30-2019
These episodes just keep getting better and better. And I’ll say that I really appreciate that, at least up to this point, they are not taking time with a lot of back story with the main character or in general explaining how we are at the point where we currently are in the story. That typically seems to be a slow down point for most series. If you want to do that do so in a short amount of time at the very beginning of the very first episode and be done with it. Otherwise treat your audience as if they know what is going on. They either already know or don’t. And those that don’t will either take the time and effort to go learn or decide to walk away in confusion. And contrary to conventional wisdom, there is nothing wrong with that second option. When something attempts to cater to everyone is when it gets bogged down and watered down. Hopefully this series avoids that and just continues to give little tidbits about the main character’s back story. If you want to do an origin story than do one, otherwise let’s get the hell on with the current plot.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 05:07 PM 11-30-2019

New fan. pic.twitter.com/YEXdQ45rXG

— William Shatner (@WilliamShatner) November 30, 2019

[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:07 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by underEJ:
I really liked it. With the sole exception of Brian Posehn driving the speeder. He is an anachronism in an otherwise fantastic world.
Horatio Sanz as Mythrol didn't distract you?

Chuchu!!

[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:11 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by notorious:
The song played during this episode reminds me of something......

It's very similar to the theme from "Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom".
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
I believe you mean...."Slave Children Crusade".....very similar.

I also heard some notes from Karate kid.

The main theme, the one they play over closing credits, has a distinct Bill Conti vibe. Going the Distance from the original Rocky, specifically the passage dun-DAH-dutdutdut-dee-dut-DAH. Certainly the tempo and chords are a direct borrow. specifically look at the stanzas at :16 and 1:30

Ludwig Goransson scored Creed and Creed 2 and is scoring Mandalorian.

You'll see, you'll all see, when the bell rings the Mandalorian's not just another bum from the block. . .
[Reply]
Bowser 09:47 AM 12-01-2019
Outside all of the impressive music recognition going on in this thread, I have to curse Baby Lee for getting Cake's "Going the Distance" stuck in my head. Shit. Well, off to listen to some Rammstein.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:49 AM 12-01-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
The main theme, the one they play over closing credits, has a distinct Bill Conti vibe. Going the Distance from the original Rocky, specifically the passage dun-DAH-dutdutdut-dee-dut-DAH. Certainly the tempo and chords are a direct borrow. .
This too.

For some reason it doesn't bother me.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:08 AM 12-03-2019
Good guess

[Reply]
RN47 06:59 AM 12-03-2019
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Horatio Sanz as Mythrol didn't distract you?

Chuchu!!

I have nothing significant to add regarding The Mandalorian, but I will remind everyone that Brittany Murphy was a hot little biscuit and her early passing is entirely unfortunate.
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:25 AM 12-03-2019
Probably the weakest episode yet(still had fun with it), but it felt decidedly lower budget, almost like an episode of Xena Warrior Princess.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:26 AM 12-03-2019
Never been huge into Star Wars, but I'm thoroughly enjoying this one.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 153
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up