ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 18 of 172
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
beach tribe 03:12 PM 03-11-2015
Watching it again right now. IT"S THAT GOOD.
[Reply]
MahiMike 03:17 PM 03-11-2015
I didn't realize this show had started already until I saw it here. I've been watching On Demand and am up to episode 5. Pretty good stuff. Definitely tell it's made by same guys as Breaking Bad. Their use of camera angles, obscure music choices and character building is very good.

I like the casting of Lenny as the brother and the use of Mike (or whatever his name is here) as the sticker Nazi is good. Only weak character for me is Saul's love interest. She's just ok.
[Reply]
siberian khatru 03:29 PM 03-11-2015
Vince Gilligan Urges 'Breaking Bad' Fans to Stop Throwing Pizzas on Walter White's Roof

Vince Gilligan has had it with fans harassing the real-life owners of the home where Walter White (Bryan Cranston) lived in Breaking Bad.

The house, which was used for exterior shots of Breaking Bad, has become a tourist attraction, as have many other Breaking Bad landmarks. For the most part, its owners have been fine with fans stopping by to take photos, but things have deteriorated recently.

"Lately, we're hearing from the owner that folks are wandering on to her property, and are being rude to her when she comes out and basically says 'you're on my property,' " said Gilligan. "They are throwing pizzas on roofs and stuff like that. Let me tell you, there is nothing original or funny or cool about throwing a pizza on this lady's roof. It is just not funny. It's been done before. You are not the first."

Jonathan Banks, who plays tough guy Mike Ehrmantraut, added on the podcast, "If I catch you doing it, I will hunt you down."

In season three's episode "Caballo Sin Nombre," Walter brought over giant pepperoni pizza to his home in an attempt to make amends with Skyler (Anna Gunn). When she rejected his overtures, he threw the pizza on the roof in frustration — with Cranston famously doing the move in one shot. The scene has become a fan favorite, but the reenactments of it have grown old fast for Gilligan and the homeowner.

"We love our fans. I don't love those fans. I don't consider them fans," said Gilligan.

In 2013, homeowner Fran said most of the fans were respectful, and said she was a huge fan of the show.

"Last month we had 404 cars here that I saw," Fran said. "We've met people from all over the world, and it's been amazing."
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 04:08 PM 03-11-2015
The low expectations I had for this series has made it even better.
[Reply]
ottawa_chiefs_fan 12:55 PM 03-12-2015
This is fun/interesting - notebook that Ermintrout stole:

http://www.amctv.com/shows/better-ca...asi-case-notes
[Reply]
eDave 03:19 PM 03-12-2015
Originally Posted by ottawa_chiefs_fan:
This is fun/interesting - notebook that Ermintrout stole:

http://www.amctv.com/shows/better-ca...asi-case-notes
Neato. Thanks dude. I was trying so hard to read it during the show. No luck. Nice attention to detail. This show is only going to get better.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:36 PM 03-12-2015
My son wasn't dirty, God damn you get that through your head.

Most powerful moment on TV since Ned died. Possibly since Will died.
[Reply]
sd4chiefs 10:26 PM 03-12-2015
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:
Vince Gilligan Urges 'Breaking Bad' Fans to Stop Throwing Pizzas on Walter White's Roof
I just added "Throwing a Pizza on Walter White's Roof" onto my bucket list.
[Reply]
Mama Hip Rockets 08:42 PM 03-15-2015
Originally Posted by siberian khatru:

Vince Gilligan has had it with fans harassing the real-life owners of the home where Walter White (Bryan Cranston) lived in Breaking Bad.

The house, which was used for exterior shots of Breaking Bad, has become a tourist attraction, as have many other Breaking Bad landmarks. For the most part, its owners have been fine with fans stopping by to take photos, but things have deteriorated recently.

"Lately, we're hearing from the owner that folks are wandering on to her property, and are being rude to her when she comes out and basically says 'you're on my property,' " said Gilligan. "They are throwing pizzas on roofs and stuff like that. Let me tell you, there is nothing original or funny or cool about throwing a pizza on this lady's roof. It is just not funny. It's been done before. You are not the first."

Jonathan Banks, who plays tough guy Mike Ehrmantraut, added on the podcast, "If I catch you doing it, I will hunt you down."

In season three's episode "Caballo Sin Nombre," Walter brought over giant pepperoni pizza to his home in an attempt to make amends with Skyler (Anna Gunn). When she rejected his overtures, he threw the pizza on the roof in frustration — with Cranston famously doing the move in one shot. The scene has become a fan favorite, but the reenactments of it have grown old fast for Gilligan and the homeowner.

"We love our fans. I don't love those fans. I don't consider them fans," said Gilligan.

In 2013, homeowner Fran said most of the fans were respectful, and said she was a huge fan of the show.

"Last month we had 404 cars here that I saw," Fran said. "We've met people from all over the world, and it's been amazing."
LOL
[Reply]
RobBlake 02:46 PM 03-16-2015
lol Would anyone let their house be subjected to a TV series/movie? *not knowing if it will be a hit of course*
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 09:07 PM 03-16-2015
Are the kids really better off with Mrs. Kettleman?
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 09:59 PM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
Are the kids really better off with Mrs. Kettleman?
She needs a good railing
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:00 PM 03-16-2015
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
She needs a good railing
Think she was the annoying friend in Hitch...still would do
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 10:01 PM 03-16-2015
I assume Saul is upset cause that office is now pipe dream?
Sure was as nice guy in that ep
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:26 AM 03-17-2015
Attached: BCS5.1.jpg (28.2 KB) BCS5.2.jpg (41.5 KB) 
[Reply]
Page 18 of 172
« First < 81415161718 192021222868118 > Last »
Up