ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 13 of 172
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
BWillie 06:57 PM 02-26-2015
Originally Posted by Pitt Gorilla:
No way the $1000 was real. I mean, the watches were fake, why wouldn't the money be fake?
That's what I'm thinking as well. Dark alley, easy to produce passable counterfeit bills especially for a situation where you virtually can't get in trouble. What is the guy going to do..ummm hey police I robbed this drunk guy,...and it turns out..umm he had counterfeit bills. ARRRRRREST HIM!
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:34 AM 02-27-2015
Originally Posted by BWillie:
That's what I'm thinking as well. Dark alley, easy to produce passable counterfeit bills especially for a situation where you virtually can't get in trouble. What is the guy going to do..ummm hey police I robbed this drunk guy,...and it turns out..umm he had counterfeit bills. ARRRRRREST HIM!
Because the whole intent is to get the guy to give you wallet and the cash, plus his own cash, in exchange for the "Rolex."
[Reply]
Fire Me Boy! 09:36 AM 02-27-2015
Originally Posted by 'Hamas' Jenkins:
You're right about the opening scam. You undertake a massive risk (with the $1000 plus, unless the bills are counterfeit) for an uncertain take from the other guy's wallet (what if he only has $20), and you may not even get the original money back.
He wouldn't target someone with only $20. He's clearly spent the night drinking with the guy, so this is not a complete unknown.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 06:30 PM 02-28-2015
Johnny Hooker running a scam for Henry Gondorff

Scammer's wallet

[Reply]
Ceej 06:33 PM 02-28-2015
That opening scene was fucking hilarious.

Really, really digging this show.
[Reply]
BigRichard 09:44 AM 03-01-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Johnny Hooker running a scam for Henry Gondorff

Scammer's wallet

Did you catch that yourself or am I giving you to much credit? Nice find either way.
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 11:39 PM 03-02-2015
Very meh tonight
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:03 AM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by Pasta Giant Meatball:
Very meh tonight
Fill me up Meatball, I want it AALLLLL.
[Reply]
Gonzo 05:16 AM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Fill me up Meatball, I want it AALLLLL.
:-)

It was a little slow paced but it's setting up something huge. I was really expecting Saul to meet up with a certain bell-ringing grandpa at the nursing home.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 07:40 AM 03-03-2015
Slower episode. That started well
...not bad though
[Reply]
Pasta Little Brioni 01:21 PM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by Gonzo:

It was a little slow paced but it's setting up something huge. I was really expecting Saul to meet up with a certain bell-ringing grandpa at the nursing home.
Me too. It's gotta be coming at some point though.
[Reply]
eDave 01:31 PM 03-03-2015
Originally Posted by Gonzo:

Things like this are what makes this show great. I didn't think of that during that scene though. Should have.

Love'd his acting while he was getting that "one million dollar retainer".

WFT to WTF. So good.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 02:12 PM 03-03-2015
I thought it was great. Best one yet, it keeps getting better every week.
[Reply]
BWillie 06:58 PM 03-03-2015
Probably the worst episode so far. I mean, one of them has to be the worst, i guess it was this one
[Reply]
Baby Lee 07:09 PM 03-03-2015
Excited to see what they do with Mike's

Spoiler!

Kerry Condon, loved her in two great HBO series, Rome and Luck.

Plus, Irish accent. Rawr.
[Reply]
Page 13 of 172
« First < 3910111213 141516172363113 > Last »
Up