ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 172
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Sure-Oz 11:19 AM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Best guess he probably needs help [or thinks he does] from these folks.

http://www.emfanalysis.com/emf-refugee/

3rd Episode was better than the first two. Really knocking it out from the get go.
Wow. So weird...kinda neat to bring this on the show
[Reply]
RockChalk 01:59 PM 02-18-2015
Ok, maybe I should go get Amazon prime then. Thanks!
[Reply]
Buehler445 03:12 PM 02-18-2015
Originally Posted by RockChalk:
Ok, maybe I should go get Amazon prime then. Thanks!
Yeah, I look at it as if Justified costs $30 a season and there are 6 season, youve pajd almost 2 years worth by watching it on prime. Before, netflix and amazon had a lot of the same stuff. But they've kind of went away from that.

Falling skies is on prime also. Dollhouse. So there are some other thIngs you can see.

You really need to get it for subscribe and save and prime shipping. id pay for that wothout the tv.
[Reply]
frankotank 03:12 PM 02-18-2015
I too am so so happy that this doesn't seem to be going towards a purely comedic tangent. I am so surprised at the "BB-ish" direction and I'm loving it.

so.....can't help but wonder....is Team Kettleman toast? the kids have now seen the money (if they hadn't before) so they may not even be spared. Nacho trying to get those duckets behind Tuco's back....oh man.....

[Reply]
mr. tegu 04:40 PM 02-23-2015
The new episode is tonight in case anyone forgot.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:55 PM 02-23-2015
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
The new episode is tonight in case anyone forgot.
I've been waiting for it like a heroin fix.
[Reply]
kchero 10:13 PM 02-23-2015
Im digging the direction this show is going. Also, the Rush fan in me dug the poster plug they did during his flashback while he was in the basement with his scam partner.
[Reply]
notorious 12:16 AM 02-24-2015
Fairly predictable but still entertaining.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:20 AM 02-24-2015
Holy Shit!! I forgot I even had some Herbie Mann on vinyl

Reminds me of my Spyro Gyra phase

[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 10:16 AM 02-25-2015
so...did Saul pay the guy to fall of the billboard, or was it coincidence?
[Reply]
mr. tegu 11:02 AM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
It was a setup. When Saul got him on the catwalk the guy mumbled, "took you long enough" and then they had a quick good job handshake.
[Reply]
Buehler445 11:39 AM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by mr. tegu:
It was a setup. When Saul got him on the catwalk the guy mumbled, "took you long enough" and then they had a quick good job handshake.
Yep. He wouldn't have climbed the ladder otherwise.
[Reply]
L.A. Chieffan 12:16 PM 02-25-2015
It was obvious that it was staged.
[Reply]
cosmo20002 01:16 PM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by mikeyis4dcats.:
Not sure if serious
[Reply]
mikeyis4dcats. 09:06 PM 02-25-2015
Originally Posted by cosmo20002:
Not sure if serious
I think it WAS a setup, but it is a topic of debate amongst viewers. Some (wrongly) think there was money in the handshake.
[Reply]
Page 11 of 172
« First < 7891011 121314152161111 > Last »
Up