ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 109 of 172
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:00 PM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
PSA: If like me, you currently do not have AMC,- I saw that Netflix will have the episodes the next day.
Nice. Wish others would follow suit with that idea. Tired of waiting until the full season is released before being able to watch shows.
[Reply]
sedated 02:42 PM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
Nice. Wish others would follow suit with that idea. Tired of waiting until the full season is released before being able to watch shows.
I'm almost the opposite, I enjoy streaming a whole season over waiting a week for each episode.

But my office is full of people that have never heard the term "spoiler alert", so I have little choice unless I want every surprise ruined.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 05:16 AM 08-07-2018
Great, now I'm pulling out my old jazz vinyl to revisit old haunts.

Haven't heard this in forever, takes me back to the Brubeck era.

[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 10:17 AM 08-07-2018
Correction to the PSA regarding streaming.

Netflix has seasons 1-3, but Season 4 will not be available until late fall after this season has concluded. The earlier info was from a UK site, so maybe they release it differently over there.
Hulu does not carry it.

AMC.com reportedly releases it a day later - but you need a cable log in.
Amazon Prime carries the new episodes, but charge you extra for it.

Frown.
[Reply]
stumppy 11:40 AM 08-07-2018
Immediately thought of CP during the Bruce Lee, Muhammad Ali scene.:-)
[Reply]
BWillie 11:59 AM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by stumppy:
Immediately thought of CP during the Bruce Lee, Muhammad Ali scene.:-)
Notice what Mike said? Bruce Lee stands no chance.
[Reply]
eDave 12:11 PM 08-07-2018
Mike's scenes were cracking me up. Great subtle humor.

Slow start last night, for me anyway. Liking the Salamanca story arc better.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 12:45 PM 08-07-2018
Jimmy definitely chippered up at the end! lol
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:50 PM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
Jimmy definitely chippered up at the end! lol
Looks like he consumed a heaping helping of Nofuxatall.
[Reply]
Demonpenz 01:04 PM 08-07-2018
It was tyson vs. Ali on CP and FDE was all bruce lee.
[Reply]
Buehler445 01:09 PM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Looks like he consumed a heaping helping of Nofuxatall.
Right. I didn’t get what they were going for with those scenes. Best I could put together was when Howard was reading all the shit that Chuck did right and fought the good fight and still ended up eating shit and decided fuck it. I’m not doing shit right.

I don’t know. What did you eat out of all that?
[Reply]
Bewbies 01:09 PM 08-07-2018
"that's your cross to bear"

:-) - what a perfect response to a guy who has treated you like shit forever.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 01:19 PM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
Right. I didn’t get what they were going for with those scenes. Best I could put together was when Howard was reading all the shit that Chuck did right and fought the good fight and still ended up eating shit and decided fuck it. I’m not doing shit right.

I don’t know. What did you eat out of all that?
I think he sees an off ramp for the treadmill.

Chuck's demise shows him the dark end of principled living.

He probably has a mountain of guilt sitting on his stomach from what Chuck was driven to. But rather than let it consume him he is mindful of Howard's similar feelings of guilt and ready to let others suffer for their shortcomings while he takes advantage where he sees it.
[Reply]
Buehler445 02:28 PM 08-07-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
I think he sees an off ramp for the treadmill.

Chuck's demise shows him the dark end of principled living.

He probably has a mountain of guilt sitting on his stomach from what Chuck was driven to. But rather than let it consume him he is mindful of Howard's similar feelings of guilt and ready to let others suffer for their shortcomings while he takes advantage where he sees it.
Solid take. That’s kind of where I’m at. But I didn’t think of him playing Howard to get an advantage.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 02:31 PM 08-07-2018
I think he was in full remorse while he thought that he was responsible for pushing Chuck to that point.
Once Howard voiced an alternative motive for Chucks demise, Jimmy took the opportunity to shrug off all his guilt and move on without regrets. "Wasn't me"
[Reply]
Page 109 of 172
« First < 95999105106107108109 110111112113119159 > Last »
Up