ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 108 of 172
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158 > Last »
Media Center>Better Call Saul
rico 11:01 PM 10-06-2013

As I am sure many of y'all already know, a spinoff of "Breaking Bad" titled "Better Call Saul" will be airing in 2014. This is going to be a prequel to Breaking Bad and will be based on the character of Saul Goodman from "Breaking Bad."

I, for one, will be watching. I'm sure the majority of all of you other "Breaking Bad" fans will be as well. Might as well get the discussion going sooner rather than later.

So... what are your hopes, expectations and/or concerns with the show? Here are some of mine:

Hopes: I hope to see Saul do his thing in the courtroom. I hope to see strong, unique supporting characters. I hope to see Breaking Bad foreshadowing. I hope he has an intriguing paralegal and/or assistant. I hope to see Breaking Bad characters such as Fring, Mike, etc...whoever. I hope the show kicks ass.

Expectations: I don't expect it to be as good as "Breaking Bad" (because nothing else is, really), but I expect it to be good since Vince Gilligan is writing. I somewhat expect it to have an even balance of comedy and drama...since Saul undeniably provides a substantial amount of comedic relief in "Breaking Bad." I expect to see "courtroom Saul." I expect the "Breaking Bad" references and character cameos to be less than what I hope. If it isn't even a fraction as good as "Breaking Bad," I expect it to be better than 95% of everything else on TV, since there is some shitty shit on TV these days.

Concerns: I'd be a liar if I were to say that I didn't think this show has potential of flopping and certainly failing to meet the presumed high expectations of the audience. Don't get me wrong, I think it will be good... but I think it COULD suck if not executed properly. My main concern is Saul ultimately proving himself to be a "little dab will do ya" type of character, which would lead to a show centered around his character not working out. I am hoping that the character of Saul will not be so over-used and constantly over the top, that he becomes annoying to me, thus ruining his character for me altogether... Not saying I think this will be how it goes down...just saying I think there is a CHANCE of this being the case, which prompts me to believe that a strong supporting cast is VITAL in terms of the amount of success/quality this show will accumulate. All in all, I don't think VG will steer us in an unfortunate direction though...I think they'll pull it off.

Thoughts?

DISCUS!!!!

[Reply]
Chiefspants 01:55 PM 07-17-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
Now there's really no reason why those two worlds (Saul and BB) couldn't operate parallel to each other. Even if they catch up to the BB timeline, they could easily go past it, at least to a certain extent.

Obviously they'll lose a couple characters along the way but there isn't a natural termination point. That's whats interesting about it being a spinoff as a prequel. If it maintains interest, it can keep going.

My guess is that it doesn't have that kind of shelf life, though. It's just too much of a slow burn to keep audience engagement much past 4-5 seasons, IMO.
I think 6 seasons.

Season 5 is the BB timeline. Certain scenes could even be re-used from Saul's perspective if they're telling Saul's story. I'd love to see it. Jonathan Banks has even pushed for adding a scene to give Mike a more satisfying conclusion than he had in BB (One of BB's weakest moments, imo).

Season 6 is Gene.
[Reply]
notorious 02:33 PM 07-17-2018
Holy Shit! :-)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...152323564.html
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:54 PM 07-17-2018
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
I think 6 seasons.

Season 5 is the BB timeline. Certain scenes could even be re-used from Saul's perspective if they're telling Saul's story. I'd love to see it. Jonathan Banks has even pushed for adding a scene to give Mike a more satisfying conclusion than he had in BB (One of BB's weakest moments, imo).

Season 6 is Gene.
I think we may see the 'two half seasons' approach in season 5 and that will wrap it.

It really will likely depend on if/how fans come back after the fairly long hiatus for season 4. It doesn't take much of a miss for a series to lose all its momentum and if BCS combines that long layoff with a mediocre season, they'll probably get a 5th year to tie up loose ends and that's it.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:15 PM 07-17-2018
Originally Posted by notorious:
Bucket Shit! :-)

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...152323564.html
FYP
[Reply]
raybec 4 03:52 PM 07-17-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
FYP
There's like a month worth of shit in that bucket.
[Reply]
BWillie 05:10 PM 07-17-2018
Just because Kim isn't in BB doesn't necessarily mean she moved or is dead. They didn't really give us a whole lot of information about the personal life of Saul in BB. She could still be in this for the long haul.
[Reply]
notorious 06:37 PM 07-17-2018
Welp, Season 4 is during BB timelime....:

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/...193801122.html
[Reply]
MahiMike 06:58 PM 07-17-2018
back on?
[Reply]
Baby Lee 02:11 PM 07-25-2018

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 03:29 PM 07-25-2018
#TeamChuck!!

Rode with ya to the end, brotha...
[Reply]
Skyy God 07:21 PM 07-25-2018
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
#TeamChuck!!

Rode with ya to the end, brotha...
#FuckChuck
[Reply]
DiaperBoy27 10:13 AM 08-06-2018
Season 4 kicks off tonight.

I'm surprised AMC didn't do a marathon of seasons 1-3 leading up this like they do for every other show they have.
[Reply]
Zebedee DuBois 11:07 AM 08-06-2018
PSA: If like me, you currently do not have AMC,- I saw that Netflix will have the episodes the next day.
[Reply]
notorious 11:08 AM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by DiaperBoy27:
Season 4 kicks off tonight.

I'm surprised AMC didn't do a marathon of seasons 1-3 leading up this like they do for every other show they have.
It’s been so long they probably forgot where they stored the film/data.
[Reply]
Bewbies 11:24 AM 08-06-2018
Originally Posted by Zebedee DuBois:
PSA: If like me, you currently do not have AMC,- I saw that Netflix will have the episodes the next day.
And this is where Hulu dies. :-)
[Reply]
Page 108 of 172
« First < 85898104105106107108 109110111112118158 > Last »
Up