Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Media Center>Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows pt 2 trailer
DBOSHO 10:15 AM 04-30-2011
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_kDb...e_gdata_player

Looks intense. Im really looking forward to this. SMD if repost
[Reply]
DBOSHO 10:03 PM 07-10-2011
Just watched the Larry King special on HPDHpt2. Man Larrys gettin old.

Im antsy for july 15th. I dont want it to end, but i really cant wait to see how it ends. I havent been this excited for a movie since i heard about Pirates 4.
[Reply]
KcMizzou 10:08 PM 07-10-2011
Originally Posted by Mr. Plow:
I'm just not into the 3D stuff regardless of movie.
They're starting to figure it out now. It's best used to add depth, rather than make shit fly out at you.
[Reply]
RustShack 11:07 PM 07-10-2011
I decided to go with the 3D just because its on the "Ultra Screen" I've never been a fan, but I went to Transformers last week in 3D and It didn't bother me at all like some others. I hated Pirates in 3D, but then again I was drunk.
[Reply]
007 04:39 AM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by KcMizzou:
They're starting to figure it out now. It's best used to add depth, rather than make shit fly out at you.
Yeah, but if you forget you are even watching it in 3D then it still sucks.
[Reply]
Amnorix 06:50 AM 07-11-2011
Looking forward to it. I've enjoyed most of the movies other than HBP, which I thought was very boring. While I could argue about stuff here and there, on balance I thought most were pretty well done given time constraints etc.
[Reply]
Amnorix 07:11 AM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by JD10367:
You're kind of missing the whole point. The books and films were never about Harry being Yoda-powerful. The point initially was that he thought he was just average and it turned out he was "the chosen one". What preteen doesn't daydream about being that (i.e. more powerful or "special" than others)? Then he had to deal with the fact that everyone expected him to be powerful, and he really didn't have any special powers aside from his connection to Voldemort. He had to rely on his friends, and his smarts (since, at heart, every book has basically been an Agatha Christie-like detective story). And it all took place as he was dealing with the sometimes more painful transition from adolescent to adult (which, as in "Buffy The Vampire Slayer", is sometimes harder than the special-ability stuff). Ultimately Rowling's message has been that it's better to be a good person ("choosing Gryffindor over Slytherin") and have good friends, and be smart, than it is to simply be "all-powerful" like Voldemort. This isn't new ground. From Disney's "Aladdin" to the "Star Wars" universe, that moral has been pushed before. If you honestly wanted the whole seven books and films to be pretty much a version of "Anakin Skywalker stays good and kicks everyone's ass", that would've been pretty boring.

I agree, and I never minded any of that. The one thing that drives me a bit crazy, especially in the books, is that I'm not quite sure whether the name of the series shouldn't be Hermoine Granger and How I Defeated Voldemort Despite Being Stuck with These Two Half-Wits.

I don't mind strong female characters, but it's taken to extremes. Harry seemingly can't add two plus two without Hermoine there to tell him how.
[Reply]
Great Expectations 01:20 PM 07-11-2011
Why would I want to watch this in 2D at IMAX vs 3D?
[Reply]
JD10367 03:35 PM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
Why would I want to watch this in 2D at IMAX vs 3D?
Wut? If you mean Part 2 by "this", it's only in 3D at IMAX. It may be 3D and 2D in regular-sized theaters.
[Reply]
JD10367 03:38 PM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by Amnorix:
I agree, and I never minded any of that. The one thing that drives me a bit crazy, especially in the books, is that I'm not quite sure whether the name of the series shouldn't be Hermoine Granger and How I Defeated Voldemort Despite Being Stuck with These Two Half-Wits.

I don't mind strong female characters, but it's taken to extremes. Harry seemingly can't add two plus two without Hermoine there to tell him how.
Yes, but...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 04:17 PM 07-11-2011
JD, perhaps you could give me a time to get in line for the 9pm showing. I'm thinking of showing up around 7. Too early?
[Reply]
RustShack 04:50 PM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by Red 5:
JD, perhaps you could give me a time to get in line for the 9pm showing. I'm thinking of showing up around 7. Too early?
Too late.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:08 PM 07-11-2011
HP really is a whiny little bitch.. Love the movies though so I don't care much.
[Reply]
Torpedo Jones 05:08 PM 07-11-2011
man i hope they dont #$#@ up the final battle
[Reply]
Great Expectations 08:50 PM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by JD10367:
Wut? If you mean Part 2 by "this", it's only in 3D at IMAX. It may be 3D and 2D in regular-sized theaters.
The IMAX in Branson says 2d with it playing in 3d in the same complex on a non IMAX screen.
[Reply]
JD10367 09:17 PM 07-11-2011
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
The IMAX in Branson says 2d with it playing in 3d in the same complex on a non IMAX screen.
Ah, gotcha. That's a 2D theater, that's why. They don't have the 3D capability so they can only show one eye of a 3D print.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 18
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up