ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 9 of 45
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Tamba Hali is upset
MAG 01:21 PM 07-22-2017

[Reply]
O.city 02:40 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Not to mention, he's airing it out on Twitter SEVEN months after the fact.

Something has happened for him to go off the rails. Like being asked to take a huge pay cut.
Pretty much
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:40 PM 07-22-2017
Something has happened for him to go off the rails. Like being asked to take a huge pay cut.
I don't understand why the Chiefs, with $11 million in cap space after signing all of their draft choices, would ask him to take a pay cut from his $8 million dollar salary this upcoming season.

Even if he was asked, why throw a tantrum, especially after being paid more than $100 million dollars by the franchise?

If he was asked to cut his salary in half, like DJ agreed to this offseason, but allowed him to earn it back through incentives, why would he throw a Twitter fit?

If this is the reason, he's a fucking pussy.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:41 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Hey, I hope you're right. I hope this all blows over and they keep winning games at a high clip. It all just makes me a little nervous.

This time of year, the only talk of a team like KC's should be positive, with high expectations. Instead, all of the news is negative and questionable. It's a tough thing to see past.
But it's all temporary emotion.

Sure, maybe guys like Conely, Reek and Robinson are upset Maclin was cut. But it's not like they don't have his damn phone number. The man isn't dead. Camp will come, they'll focus on THEIR job, not worry about wtf Maclin is doing. They'll be getting bitched at by the coaches and trying to win a starting job. Enough to not worry about Maclin not being around.

Dorsey is gone? It's the front office people who have to deal with that mostly. I doubt very many players are overly attached to Dorsey.

Berry/Houston/Peters didn't show up? So. That just means more reps for the younger guys. You honestly think Murray is sitting there crying over more reps?

It's all temporary emotional bullshit that will be forgotten once the hitting starts.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:42 PM 07-22-2017
Not to mention, he's airing it out on Twitter SEVEN months after the fact.

Or he was told that he won't be a significant contributor this year on the heels of training camp.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:42 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
I don't understand why the Chiefs, with $11 million in cap space after signing all of their draft choices, would ask him to take a pay cut from his $8 million dollar salary this upcoming season.

Even if he was asked, why throw a tantrum, especially after being paid more than $100 million dollars by the franchise?
Can't help but think they are considering taking the cap hit to cut him. Take a pay cut and stay, or hit FA and take the same or bigger pay cut. Explains the "do they even need me" comment. No one is going to pay him anywhere near $8M per at this point in his career.

As for the tantrum, maybe it speaks to the kind of guy/teammate he really is?

*shrugs*
[Reply]
penbrook 02:43 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Or he was told that he won't be a significant contributor this year on the heels of training camp.
Than he would of asked to be released or traded
[Reply]
O.city 02:43 PM 07-22-2017
But it's all temporary emotion.

Sure, maybe guys like Conely, Reek and Robinson are upset Maclin was cut. But it's not like they don't have his damn phone number. The man isn't dead. Camp will come, they'll focus on THEIR job, not worry about wtf Maclin is doing. They'll be getting bitched at by the coaches and trying to win a starting job. Enough to not worry about Maclin not being around.

Dorsey is gone? It's the front office people who have to deal with that mostly. I doubt very many players are overly attached to Dorsey.

Berry/Houston/Peters didn't show up? So. That just means more reps for the younger guys. You honestly think Murray is sitting there crying over more reps?

It's all temporary emotional bullshit that will be forgotten once the hitting starts.
It just seems like a lot of unnecessary crap that you don't tend to see coming out of teams that have success. I'm guessing they're better at keeping it from coming out not keeping it from happening in etc.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:43 PM 07-22-2017
I doubt very many players are overly attached to Dorsey.
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...162888993.html

Kingsbury is asked if he was surprised by “the Dorsey thing.”

“Umm ... which thing? What?”

John Dorsey. He got fired.

“I didn’t know he got fired. When was that? Really?”

Yeah, about a month ago.

“I hadn’t heard that. I didn’t have any dealings with him. I dealt with coach Reid. I didn’t know that, but that’s surprising.”

Wait. You never talked with the GM?

“Maybe on draft day or something, but I don’t think so.”

Can we all agree that it’s extremely unlikely that Reid was in any way surprised or upset at picking a quarterback for which he served as the primary contact with the college coach?

Cool.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:44 PM 07-22-2017
Can't help but think they are considering taking the cap hit to cut him. Take a pay cut and stay, or hit FA and take the same or bigger pay cut. No one is going to pay him anywhere near $8M per at this point in his career.

*shrugs*
Doesn't make sense to cut him though. I thought his contract was fully guaranteed this season?
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:44 PM 07-22-2017
I'm just ready for camp. Tired of all the bullshit. Hopefully it'll all blow over and the media won't go overboard on it.

Ready for some football.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:44 PM 07-22-2017
Certainly possible.
[Reply]
penbrook 02:44 PM 07-22-2017
He's just upset because he's been here since day 1 like DJ and he sees how much talent the Chiefs have and he wants to win a super bowl with this team but deep down he knows he won't win one with Smith as QB. He wants Mahomes to lead the team to the promise land!
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:45 PM 07-22-2017
Doesn't make sense to cut him though. I thought his contract was fully guaranteed this season?
No idea.
[Reply]
ModSocks 02:45 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
Than he would of asked to be released or traded
No way in hell he'd ask for his release. He's not going to get the kind of coin he'd get staying put. This late in the season with TC just a week away? Not a snowball's chance in hell.
[Reply]
O.city 02:45 PM 07-22-2017
Can't help but think they are considering taking the cap hit to cut him. Take a pay cut and stay, or hit FA and take the same or bigger pay cut. Explains the "do they even need me" comment. No one is going to pay him anywhere near $8M per at this point in his career.

*shrugs*
I don't know that they can cut him though, contractually
[Reply]
Page 9 of 45
« First < 56789 1011121319 > Last »
Up