penbrook 02:45 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...162888993.html

Kingsbury is asked if he was surprised by “the Dorsey thing.”

“Umm ... which thing? What?”

John Dorsey. He got fired.

“I didn’t know he got fired. When was that? Really?”

Yeah, about a month ago.

“I hadn’t heard that. I didn’t have any dealings with him. I dealt with coach Reid. I didn’t know that, but that’s surprising.”

Wait. You never talked with the GM?

“Maybe on draft day or something, but I don’t think so.”

Can we all agree that it’s extremely unlikely that Reid was in any way surprised or upset at picking a quarterback for which he served as the primary contact with the college coach?

Cool.
So it was Reid who wanted Mahomes!! Good! Fuck Dorsey
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:46 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
Can't help but think they are considering taking the cap hit to cut him.
If they did cut him, they'd take an $8 million dollar cap charge, leaving them with less than $3 million to begin the season.

If they had any significant injuries, that would greatly inhibit signing guys to even an Vet Minimum contract.

I think the better play would be to get on the phone with one of the teams I mentioned earlier that have an enormous amount of cap space and offer up a Conditional trade, even if it's a 7th.

Cutting him could really screw up the season.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:46 PM 07-22-2017
I certainly wouldn't cut him, as that will cost us cap space and a solid player. No upside.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:47 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
If they did cut him, they'd take an $8 million dollar cap charge, leaving them with less than $3 million to begin the season.

If they had any significant injuries, that would greatly inhibit signing guys to even an Vet Minimum contract.

I think the better play would be to get on the phone with one of the teams I mentioned earlier that have an enormous amount of cap space and offer up a Conditional trade, even if it's a 7th.

Cutting him could really screw up the season.
I don't disagree.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 02:48 PM 07-22-2017
Dear Tamba:

As a longtime Chiefs fan, I've enjoyed watching your career from the time you were drafted up until now in the twilight of your football days. You've always been a standup guy, a team player and have worked your ass off. I admire that and respect that. You will most likely end up in the Chiefs Ring of Honor one day. You are a true 'Chief', in every sense of the word.

Now, all that being said, shut the **** up and quit bitching or we'll trade you to the Browns for a 5th round pick . . . . .
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:48 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by penbrook:
So it was Reid who wanted Mahomes!! Good! **** Dorsey
Reid wanted him, and he likely told Dorsey to do what it takes to get him. He did the job. I think all logistical fans knew that, but cmdrzman will still spew his BS.
[Reply]
O.city 02:49 PM 07-22-2017
Well good news is he seems super motivated to show he's still got in on the field

So there is that
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:50 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
Reid wanted him, and he likely told Dorsey to do what it takes to get him. He did the job. I think all logistical fans knew that, but cmdrzman will still spew his BS.
Well, you're just speculating.

It was no secret that when Sean McDermott, a former associate of Reid's, was hired as head coach, that he alone would be running the draft.

It's far more likely that McDermott and Reid came to a trade agreement rather than Dorsey and Whaley, two GM's that have been since fired.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:50 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:
Well good news is he seems super motivated to show he's still got in on the field

So there is that
I'm super motivated to titfuck Kate Upton.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 02:50 PM 07-22-2017
How is it that we haven't considered trading him and recuperating that cash?
[Reply]
In58men 02:51 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
There's a reason why Dorsey was fired.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:51 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by O.city:

So there is that
There's a big difference between motivation and ability.

Tamba looked as slow as Zombo out there last year.
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 02:51 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Who is to say we haven't?
[Reply]
O.city 02:51 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by OnTheWarpath58:
I'm super motivated to tit**** Kate Upton.
Well, the hardest part of that scenario is showing up so

Kudos?
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:51 PM 07-22-2017
Tamba went trumptarded on twitter! This accomplishes nothing positive if you are a teamplayer first.
[Reply]
Page 10 of 45
« First < 678910 1112131420 > Last »
Up