ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Raiders were most fortunate/lucky team in 2016
TigeRRUppeRRcut 05:20 PM 07-21-2017
Per ESPN statisticians: http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/2...-bill-barnwell

2017 impact: The Raiders won 12 games but outscored their opponents by only 31 points, producing a Pythagorean expectation of 8.7 wins. That gap -- 3.3 wins -- is the fourth-largest since 1989. They're likely to decline.

--

This makes a whole lot of sense if you watched the games. It seemed pretty suspect they were getting strange calls in their favor, especially in that game played in Mexico.
http://ftw.usatoday.com/2016/11/hous...reaction-score
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 05:22 PM 07-21-2017
I've had a feeling they will regress this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:26 PM 07-21-2017
Clay's been ignoring this while trying to say the Chiefs got lucky last year

:-)
[Reply]
SAUTO 05:27 PM 07-21-2017
obvious is obvious
[Reply]
RealSNR 05:28 PM 07-21-2017
We'll see if their rapist affects their pass defense at all. It was pretty poor last year.

If they find out how to make their defense not suck, they ain't gonna be regressing.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 05:28 PM 07-21-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Clay's been ignoring this while trying to say the Chiefs got lucky last year

:-)
We weren't lucky. We were led.
[Reply]
TimBone 05:40 PM 07-21-2017
The Chiefs, Broncos, and Raiders all had some fluky type wins last year. Such is the nature of the NFL.

SNR, is right. If they get that defense together, they're not going away.
[Reply]
staylor26 05:42 PM 07-21-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
We'll see if their rapist affects their pass defense at all. It was pretty poor last year.

If they find out how to make their defense not suck, they ain't gonna be regressing.
Dude they're much for than a rookie corner away from being good on defense.

They're a Khalil Mack injury away from being one of the worst in the league.
[Reply]
BlackOp 05:42 PM 07-21-2017
I've been telling everyone that shit was rigged to get their stadium deal...even before the 2016 season started...that they were, in reality, around an 8-8 team...now the math backs it up. The Saints/Texans games were about as bogus as I've ever seen...on par with the Cowboys/Lions play-off game.

The NFL still wont shut-up about them...

More from that article...which was a quality read.

"The leading reception rate among wideouts last year was the 23.5 percent mark posted by Kansas City's Tyreek Hill. Theo Riddick trailed him, but led the way at running back with 21.2 percent. The leading star wideout in this category is A.J. Green, who caught the ball on 19.6 percent of his routes. Perennial rival Julio Jones was below him at 18.4 percent. The top tight end? C.J. Fiedorowicz at 19.2 percent. I didn't see that one coming, either."
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:08 PM 07-21-2017
The Chiefs and Raiders both won games last year that they probably 'shouldn't have', though I hate that ideology. The difference is, the Raiders didn't really lose any games that they should have won, whereas the Chiefs did (TEN, TB).

Basically, the Raiders maxed out their win total, and the Chiefs could have realistically won 2 more games easily.

Obviously injuries could play a huge role, but I expect the division to be a dog fight between KC, Oakland, and LA this year. I'd bet on the Chiefs retaining the West crown, likely 11-5 or 10-6.
[Reply]
cmdrzman 06:08 PM 07-21-2017
You dopes are dumber than you post if you think Oaklands a 8 win team- That offense they have is frekin insane- Hell, they were potent and in the top 5 last year and just brought in Beastmode and Jared Cook from the Packers-

Not to mention they brought in Cordelle Patterson who is 2nd in the NFL record books on return yardage after Jim Brown-

They got the best Defensive player in the league and getting back a healthy MEJ- They drafted well on defense.... This is a whole new Raiders team with more firepower on offense- Any team is gonna have to score 30 points to beat that team- Cause their gonna be the 99' Rams on offense this year-
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 06:10 PM 07-21-2017
Originally Posted by cmdrzman:
You dopes are dumber than you post if you think Oaklands a 8 win team- That offense they have is frekin insane- Hell, they were potent and in the top 5 last year and just brought in Beastmode and Jared Cook from the Packers-
You're right-- they aren't an 8 win team. They're a 9 win team.
[Reply]
cmdrzman 06:19 PM 07-21-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
You're right-- they aren't an 8 win team. They're a 9 win team.
We're about to find out real soon here-
[Reply]
Frazod 06:24 PM 07-21-2017
I don't typically associate losing your starting QB right before the playoffs with being lucky.

I mean, call me crazy, but.....
[Reply]
007 06:32 PM 07-21-2017
I wouldn't call losing your QB for the playoffs very good luck.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 8
1 2345 > Last »
Up