ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's have an updated smart phone discussion
gblowfish 03:17 PM 07-14-2017
I'm about ready to take the plunge to update my phones. My phone is ancient (hey, I use it for a phone) but I'd like to update to a couple Iphone 6 or 7 models on an unlimited plan. How big a deal is the storage in an I-Phone? is 32GB generally enough if you primarily use it as a frickin' phone? I'd also like it to serve as a mobile wifi hot spot if possible.

I've only been paying Sprint about $95 a month for two lines. My wife does text but I don't. I do most of my internet stuff on my laptop or IPad, but would like to have internet access at places like Arrowhead on my phone.

So, who's currently got the best deal?

I know Verizon's customer data just got hacked.

I've been with Sprint for 20 years but would leave for a better deal. Certainly don't feel obligated to stay with them.

TMobile seems pretty decent. Two lines unlimited for $80 total.

Boost says they use Sprint's Network but looks like kind of like a cheezy back door kinda company.

Anybody got a plan or service currently that they love?
[Reply]
Buns 03:08 PM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsHawk:
that actually depends on the carriers they were originally purchased from to get them unlocked
All of our phones are unlocked phones: no carrier phones.
[Reply]
gblowfish 03:52 PM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by Spott:
A little off topic, but I had a package lost from UPS about 10 years ago that was left at my front door (supposedly). From that point on, my address was blacklisted by UPS so that any package delivered to my house had to have signature confirmation, which basically resulted in me having to drive 20 miles to their warehouse to pick up my package because I work during the day and can't be home to sign for packages.
Yeah, that sucks. I have all my stuff sent to me at work, but my wife still has stuff sent to the house all the time.
[Reply]
listopencil 03:55 PM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by Tuckdaddy:
I'll bite. Do more what? My whole house has iPhones and I was last to get one because it makes things easier have the same brand. What do androids do that's so different other than you don't need iTunes. I hate iTunes.
When I'm using an Android phone the experience is like having a hand held personal computer that also makes phone calls. When I have used an iPhone the experience is like using a product that a large company has designed based on what they think I need, and what they want to sell me. I'll stick with Android.
[Reply]
SAUTO 03:57 PM 07-15-2017
A little off topic, but I had a package lost from UPS about 10 years ago that was left at my front door (supposedly). From that point on, my address was blacklisted by UPS so that any package delivered to my house had to have signature confirmation, which basically resulted in me having to drive 20 miles to their warehouse to pick up my package because I work during the day and can't be home to sign for packages.
I got black listed by ups once too...
[Reply]
listopencil 03:59 PM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I'm going to install one of those video doorbells on my house, and wanted a phone that can handle the app for that. My wife's had a couple packages stolen off our front porch in the last year.
Save a box after you get something sent to you. Eat at Taco Bell. Take a runny shit into a giant (freezer bag style) Ziploc bag. Seal it up nicely. Put it in a ball of bubble wrap. Secure it with duct tape. Put it in that box. Leave that box on your porch every morning until someone steals it.
[Reply]
King_Chief_Fan 05:29 PM 07-15-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
When I'm using an Android phone the experience is like having a hand held personal computer that also makes phone calls. When I have used an iPhone the experience is like using a product that a large company has designed based on what they think I need, and what they want to sell me. I'll stick with Android.
Yup
[Reply]
srvy 08:59 PM 07-15-2017
UPS store
[Reply]
|Zach| 10:37 PM 07-15-2017
I just switched to the Google Pixel from having an iPhone for about 6 or 7 years. I am really happy with it though the only thing I miss is imessage.
[Reply]
ping2000 11:47 PM 07-15-2017
Here you go.
[Reply]
Eleazar 11:59 PM 07-15-2017
I thought most of you guys were in the Consumer Cellular set these days. :-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 11:22 AM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by Cochise:
I thought most of you guys were in the Consumer Cellular set these days. :-)
Ouch!

and GET OFF MY LAWN!!!
[Reply]
Fish 11:35 AM 07-16-2017
I can run KODI on my Android phone. Can't do that with a current iPhone running the current iOS.
[Reply]
Spott 11:56 AM 07-16-2017
Originally Posted by srvy:
UPS store
The drivers wouldn't drop it off there, either. I eventually quit using UPS and had stuff delivered to work. I moved from that house, but the new owners are still blacklisted.
[Reply]
gblowfish 10:08 PM 07-19-2017
Originally Posted by Bob Dole:
Straight Talk wireless here. iPhone SE was $159 and unlimited text/talk/data is $40/month.
Well I took Bob's advice and hired Straight Talk tonight. After work I went into the Sprint Store across from Oak Park Mall in OP. It was worse than the DMV. This bored skinny girl was standing behind a bar table with a cheap tablet, chewing on the straw of a McDonalds drink. I asked her, "How long is the wait to talk to somebody about upgrading two Sprint phones?" "Not more than 20 minutes" she said without looking at me. She took my name and started chewing on the straw again. Meanwhile, the waiting room looks like Wal-Mart at its worst. A bunch of 20 somethings covered with tatts, pants sagging down to their knees, screaming dirty kids in tow. One guy was just chatting up the Sprint guy, and they just talked about "stuff" for probably 45 minutes before getting down to business. 90 minutes later, the bored girl grabs her purse and heads for the front door. "HEY....I said...what happened to "not more than 20 minutes?" "Sorry" she said and kind of smirked and left. So I said to myself "**** this, I'm outta here...my drive home is still 45 minutes." So just as i'm getting up to leave, bored girls replacement comes over and says "sorry, you're next." Next meant another 15 minutes. So now 20 minutes is an hour 45. I talk to the Sprint Guy who can actually do something for me. "How many years have I been a customer?" I ask him. "19 years" he says. So we start talking about getting the two IPhone 7's -lease one get one- and he says "You can't keep your phone numbers." I say "WHY NOT?" We'd had my number for 19 years, and my wife's had hers for 15 years. "Has to be new service, dude..." he says to me very impassively. I say "Well, not being able to keep our numbers is a deal breaker. You wanna re-think that?" "Nuthin' I can do, man...." guy says. So I tell him, 'That's It, I'm done," and clap my hands like leaving a blackjack table. He mumbles..."have a nice evening....." So I come home, find Straight Talk on the web, get a chat with one of their sales dudes, he answers all my questions in about 15 minutes. I got two Iphone 6's (new) paid $199 ea for them to buy them outright, deal is unlimited talk/text/8GB data for $45 per month. Plus I got free overnight shipping on the phones and a 15% discount for buying two phones on the same order. After I pay for the phones, our monthly bill will drop to $80 for both lines (pay 3 months at a time to save $10) no long term contract, I own the phone if I'm not happy. I was paying Sprint right at $100 a month for two ancient phones and a much more restrictive plan that I had to honor for two years. Assholes. Thanks Bob Dole. Free At Last... Free at Last, GOOD GOD ALMIGHTY I'm free at last!!!
[Reply]
Buehler445 10:19 PM 07-19-2017
Good deal George. Fuck douches.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 5
< 123 45 >
Up