ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Well shit. New GM means back to completely guessing again.
Dante84 10:36 PM 06-22-2017
We finally had a read on what Dorsey liked and had an idea as to who might fit within the constructs of his vision.

I think we all (mostly) felt really confident that we would get a solid haul with Dorsey steering the ship. This has been the most fun regime for me, as far as Chiefs drafts go.

I hope we get someone who has a clue and an eye for talent. I'm afraid whatever we do will be a step sideways at best, or backwards at worst.

Thanks for the fun drafts, Dorsey.
[Reply]
CoMoChief 11:43 PM 07-02-2017
Firings like this send negative vibes around the league. Dorsey was an exceptional talent evaluator. When things are going good, you're winning and hitting on your draft picks and lower tier FA signings to fill depth positions it raises eyebrows about this franchise and if the chiefs job is a good GM job to take given the power structure? Reid was just given a new contract. He's not going anywhere.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:09 AM 07-07-2017
One of the detrimental aspects of continually being on the Chiefs' ass is that it makes situations like the Dorsey firing carry less weight when you're trying to express an honest opinion.
That said, I have absolutely no doubt that any possibility of sustained greatness went right out the door with Dorsey's day runner.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:00 PM 07-07-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
One of the detrimental aspects of continually being on the Chiefs' ass is that it makes situations like the Dorsey firing carry less weight when you're trying to express an honest opinion.
That said, I have absolutely no doubt that any possibility of sustained greatness went right out the door with Dorsey's day runner.
Andy Reid is FAR more important than any GM, including Dorsey
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 06:39 PM 07-07-2017
Andy Reid is the jolly fat uncle that all these players respect because he knows how to relate to them.
Andy Reid isn't worth 1/16 of a John Dorsey in terms of finding talent and evaluating it.
And Andy Reid is far from being a proven, consistent, championship-level NFL coach.

Is Andy Reid better than the last 4 Chiefs coaches? I would fucking hope so, as we're not talking a Mt. Everest climb-challenge in overcoming that sad clown show.

Is Andy Reid Marty Schottenhiemer with a boner for passing plays instead of running?

Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Yes.
Etc.

It's a "great fit"?
Yeah, okay.
[Reply]
milkman 07:21 AM 07-08-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
Andy Reid is FAR more important than any GM, including Dorsey
Disagree.

Reid is going to need pro bowl calibre talent, along with talent, leadership, intelligence and balls at the QB position, to overcome his shortcomings as a game and clock manager.
[Reply]
RunKC 09:30 AM 07-08-2017
If Veach is the new GM I'll feel more comfortable.

As mentioned before, we have all of the same scouts going out on the road, plus we have Borgonzi and Veach along with the same coaching staff, so we aren't completely bare.

The Chiefs have drafted high upside players and given them to our elite coaching staff and the results speak for themselves. Ford, Kelce, Jones, Hill and Peters are prime examples of this philosophy working.

What I fear is the loss of talent evaluation from late round picks and cheap FA'S like Ware, Parker, LDT and Howard.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:45 AM 07-08-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
If Veach is the new GM I'll feel more comfortable.

As mentioned before, we have all of the same scouts going out on the road, plus we have Borgonzi and Veach along with the same coaching staff, so we aren't completely bare.

The Chiefs have drafted high upside players and given them to our elite coaching staff and the results speak for themselves. Ford, Kelce, Jones, Hill and Peters are prime examples of this philosophy working.

What I fear is the loss of talent evaluation from late round picks and cheap FA'S like Ware, Parker, LDT and Howard.
Exactly. While finding those overlooked gems may not necessarily mean life or death, they are VERY important if your goal is to build a roster with real and workable depth.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:36 PM 07-08-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
Disagree.

Reid is going to need pro bowl calibre talent, along with talent, leadership, intelligence and balls at the QB position, to overcome his shortcomings as a game and clock manager.
Disagree agree all you'd like but Andy Reid is the one of the best and most successful head coaches in NFL history.

John Dorsey is a blip on the NFL's radar.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:43 PM 07-08-2017
Andy Reid isn't worth 1/16 of a John Dorsey in terms of finding talent and evaluating it.
Oh, for fuck's sake.

The guy that drafted Donovan McNabb, LeSean McCoy, Desean Jackson, Derrick Burgess, Correll Buckhalter, Brian Westbrook, Lito Shepard, Todd Herremns, Trent Cole, Reggie Brown, Brodrick Bunkley, Winston Justice, Brent Celek, Quinton Demps, King Dunlap, Jeremy Maclin, Nate Allen, Clay Harbor, Riley Cooper, Kurt Coleman, Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kindricks, Vinny Curry, Nick Foles, and Casey Mathews isn't 1/16th of Dorsey?

You're mouthbreather.

And Andy Reid is far from being a proven, consistent, championship-level NFL coach.
Holy shit this is fucking stupid.

In 18 seasons, Andy Reid has won an average of more than 10 games per season.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 01:30 PM 07-08-2017
Oh, for fuck's sake.

The guy that drafted Donovan McNabb, LeSean McCoy, Desean Jackson, Derrick Burgess, Correll Buckhalter, Brian Westbrook, Lito Shepard, Todd Herremns, Trent Cole, Reggie Brown, Brodrick Bunkley, Winston Justice, Brent Celek, Quinton Demps, King Dunlap, Jeremy Maclin, Nate Allen, Clay Harbor, Riley Cooper, Kurt Coleman, Fletcher Cox, Mychal Kindricks, Vinny Curry, Nick Foles, and Casey Mathews isn't 1/16th of Dorsey?

You're mouthbreather.

Holy shit this is fucking stupid.

In 18 seasons, Andy Reid has won an average of more than 10 games per season.
The man isn't even .500 in the post season for his entire career. He's been to ONE fucking Super Bowl in his entire run as a head coach, and he lost.

And more than half of your fucking list of "talent" would illicit a sound "who"(?) from most NFL fans.

But keep fucking that chicken, Dan-o. That fat, mediocre, fucking chicken.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 02:32 PM 07-08-2017
The man isn't even .500 in the post season for his entire career. He's been to ONE fucking Super Bowl in his entire run as a head coach, and he lost.

And more than half of your fucking list of "talent" would illicit a sound "who"(?) from most NFL fans.

But keep fucking that chicken, Dan-o. That fat, mediocre, fucking chicken.
You are such a fucking moron.

Why do you continue to expose yourself as such?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 02:38 PM 07-08-2017
You are such a fucking moron.

Why do you continue to expose yourself as such?
And you are such a delusional fucking tool.

Why can't the "great" Andy Reid break .500 in the post season?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 03:25 PM 07-08-2017
And you are such a delusional fucking tool.
Tool? You're a fucking low life methhead moron that's been banned multiple time, renounced your "fandom", then decided to be a "fan" again this year.

That's a fucking tool.

Why can't the "great" Andy Reid break .500 in the post season?
He's 11-12 postseason and coached in a Super Bowl. Why hasn't he won more frequently?

He's never had a Hall of Fame QB.
[Reply]
milkman 03:27 PM 07-08-2017
Disagree agree all you'd like but Andy Reid is the one of the best and most successful head coaches in NFL history.

John Dorsey is a blip on the NFL's radar.
The most successful head coaches in NFL history won championships.
[Reply]
milkman 03:28 PM 07-08-2017
Tool? You're a ****ing low life methhead moron that's been banned multiple time, renounced your "fandom", then decided to be a "fan" again this year.

That's a ****ing tool.

He's 11-12 postseason and coached in a Super Bowl. Why hasn't he won more frequently?

He's never had a Hall of Fame QB.
He lost because of sorryass clock and game management.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 3
< 12 3 >
Up