ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 55 of 63
« First < 5455152535455 56575859 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All alex all the time
Easy 6 09:46 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I'd like to get those two really rolling together like Atlanta uses Freeman and Coleman. Just a couple of well balanced runners who run hard as hell and can catch the ball.

This team is going to need a top notch run game to make an AFC Championship under Alex Smith in 2017, along with a top notch defense. Now, if Mahomes becomes as good as many including myself think he could be, it's a whole new level for the Chiefs. The offense could become something it hasn't been in nearly 15 years.
I honestly dont see our guys being quite as dynamic as Atlantas duo

But what our guys lack in explosiveness, they should be be able to make up for with with a grinding, wear you down, kill the clock style... provided Ehingers return is the cure for what ailed us last year

What Alex Smith brings this year, I have no clue... tempted to expect the same old shit because thats how he has mostly played for his entire career

But maybe, just maybe, the writing on the wall spurs him to reach outside of himself and he tries to MAKE plays for once... 'good' Smiff can approach dynamic, we'll see

The pressure will either make him wilt, or make him show off

If he decides to grab his balls, we could have a great year
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 07:14 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by Best22:
Yeah, because 1970-1988 was so balmy...:-)

Reality is this franchise hasn't been worth much since the 1960s. 1989-2016 is still a lot better than the 70s and 80s. Much better.

Hopefully Mahomes leads us to the promised land, but I'm still excited for the year. A lot of things can happen. Still, it feels somewhat like the NbA where you know your team isn't much of a contender (Thanks Patriots). They're a litttle overpowered now but won't be for long.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 07:14 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
Because he's a microcosm of everything wrong with this franchise since 1989.
Again 100% truth... Unless you're a blind Homer sucking everything mediocre... You deny this is reality..
[Reply]
Best22 07:39 PM 07-22-2017
Originally Posted by Hammock Parties:
And?

I didn't know the date you join a random message board has any bearing on how much you know about a franchise
[Reply]
milkman 06:32 AM 07-23-2017
Why does Alex Smith, a pretty plain and boring man on and off the field, spark such heated discussions on message boards? I don't get it. He's an average (below or above avverage, give or take) quarterback. His winning record is due in very large part to the talented team around him (not to say that he hasn't been our best performer in some losses, and yes, he has certainly led this team to victory a few times). He's just meh and needs to be replaced, but he isn't the worst quarterback we've had. His clock is ticking but I'm not gonna be foaming at the mouth when he inevitably starts the season

It's just weird how such a boring guy is always in everybody's minds and discussions here and elsewhere (Ninerland)
Because this plain and boring man, and mediocre QB, inexplicably managed to attain a following that defends his mediocre ass like they are defending their whore sister.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 07:59 AM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by milkman:
Because this plain and boring man, and mediocre QB, inexplicably managed to attain a following that defends his mediocre ass like they are defending their whore sister.
Yes.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 10:06 AM 07-23-2017
It's just weird how such a boring guy is always in everybody's minds and discussions here and elsewhere (Ninerland)
Originally Posted by milkman:

Record and upload audio >>
[Reply]
Demonpenz 04:55 PM 07-23-2017

[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 08:37 PM 07-23-2017
I would like to thank Penz for this awesome post which included a link to a very entertaining AC/DC biography.
Such is the magic of CP...
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:05 PM 08-07-2017
In our brief foray into Alex land in the training camp thread (no thanks to PAChiefsguy), we came across this gem:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
It's post like this that make a lot of you Alex Smith haters look like idiots. Alex Smith throws TDs..

To say he doesn't throw as much TDs as a lot of QBs in the NFL would be more accurate but you would also have to include the fact he throws less INTs than most as well and he knows how to manage the game.

You also have to admit he is dangerous with his feet and it is something defenses have to account for.

That's being objective something you sentimental Alex Smith haters clearly do not understand how to do.
I thought it was bullshit that he was propping up Alex as a guy who is an expert at taking care of the ball:

Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Starting QBs who threw fewer INTs per game than Alex Smith's 8 in 15 games (minimum 8 games started):

Tom Brady (2 INTs in 12 games)
Cody Kessler (2 INTs in 9 games)
Colin Kaepernick (4 INTs in 12 games) :-)
Dak Prescott (4 INTs in 16 games)
Sam Bradford (5 INTs in 15 games)
Derek Carr (6 INTs in 15 games)
Tyrod Taylor (6 INTs in 15 games)
Aaron Rodgers (7 INTs in 16 games)
Matt Ryan (7 INTs in 16 games)
Andy Dalton (8 INTs in 16 games)

And I'm probably missing some other guys.

Alex Smith was nothing special in the INT department. That's 10 other starting QBs who had a better INT:game ratio than Alex.

Alex is out of excuses. He can't even crack top 5 in protecting the football. He's garbage.
And then I got this doozy of a gem:

Originally Posted by PAChiefsGuy:
Stats are so overrated. The object of the game isn't fantasy football, it is to win. Brady has said this several times throughout his career.

Chiefs playoff wins before Alex for here 0 in 21 years. With Alex 1 in 4. Yeah Alex is garbage.

Let me guess you are the type of dude who plays football and team is getting blown out but you have 10 catches for 100 yds so you are like 'Yeah, I'm the man!'

Lmao!
:-)
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 09:07 PM 08-07-2017
Dear sweet mother of Mary.....
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:11 PM 08-07-2017
For somebody who lives SO CLOSE TO NEW YORK!!!!!!!111one111 you'd think it'd take a lot to impress this guy.

As you can see, he's resorted to the final line of defense whenever somebody corners him about Alex--- TEH WINZ!!!
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:12 PM 08-07-2017
Pennsyltucky tries to come off as a knowledgeable fan, but he always ends up stepping in his own shit.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 09:13 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
For somebody who lives SO CLOSE TO NEW YORK!!!!!!!111one111 you'd think it'd take a lot to impress this guy.

As you can see, he's resorted to the final line of defense whenever somebody corners him about Alex--- TEH WINZ!!!
Speaking of NY, how do we feel about Alex in green and white next season?

[Reply]
Rasputin 09:16 PM 08-07-2017
Protecting the ball ? Alex Smith had 5 fumbles + 2 rushing fumbles + 8 INT that's 15= 15 passing touchdowns for the year.
[Reply]
penbrook 09:18 PM 08-07-2017
Originally Posted by Sweet Daddy Hate:
Speaking of NY, how do we feel about Alex in green and white next season?

Considering he will be in red and white it won't matter
[Reply]
Page 55 of 63
« First < 5455152535455 56575859 > Last »
Up