ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 63
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>All alex all the time
Easy 6 09:46 PM 05-12-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
I'd like to get those two really rolling together like Atlanta uses Freeman and Coleman. Just a couple of well balanced runners who run hard as hell and can catch the ball.

This team is going to need a top notch run game to make an AFC Championship under Alex Smith in 2017, along with a top notch defense. Now, if Mahomes becomes as good as many including myself think he could be, it's a whole new level for the Chiefs. The offense could become something it hasn't been in nearly 15 years.
I honestly dont see our guys being quite as dynamic as Atlantas duo

But what our guys lack in explosiveness, they should be be able to make up for with with a grinding, wear you down, kill the clock style... provided Ehingers return is the cure for what ailed us last year

What Alex Smith brings this year, I have no clue... tempted to expect the same old shit because thats how he has mostly played for his entire career

But maybe, just maybe, the writing on the wall spurs him to reach outside of himself and he tries to MAKE plays for once... 'good' Smiff can approach dynamic, we'll see

The pressure will either make him wilt, or make him show off

If he decides to grab his balls, we could have a great year
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:51 PM 05-13-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
This is ****ing complete bullshit from someone younger than Mahomes.

:-)

It's REALISTIC to assume that Alex Smith will be a Chief in 2018 because Mahomes is young and may not be ready to assume the mantle at the beginning of 2018. Clark Hunt, Andy Reid and John Dorsey aren't going to sacrifice wins over cap space, especially when, at this point in time, there's no one else on the roster with NFL game experience.

It has everything to do with reason and nothing to do with want.
I don't know why this is hard to figure out for some. I guess it is a false perception of Alex Smith.

This team is ready to win a championship, but they are held back by a mediocre QB. We haven't had a consistently good offense under Smith to date. Constantly in the bottom half of the league.

Mahomes gets two offseasons and a full regular season to be ready. He gets all of that time to surpass 3500 passing yards and a 15/8 TD/INT ratio. How hard can that really be?

The shoes that Mahomes will be filling aren't exactly big ones.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 03:52 PM 05-13-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
You're crushing his dream of winning the bet he has with me where I said Smith will be on the roster in 2018 and more likely than not, the starter after training camp
The bet is that Smith is the starter in 2018... which he won't be.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 03:56 PM 05-13-2017
The bet is that Smith is the starter in 2018... which he won't be.
You better not pull some Tonya Harding crazy ****.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:00 PM 05-13-2017
This is ****ing complete bullshit from someone younger than Mahomes.

:-)

It's REALISTIC to assume that Alex Smith will be a Chief in 2018 because Mahomes is young and may not be ready to assume the mantle at the beginning of 2018. Clark Hunt, Andy Reid and John Dorsey aren't going to sacrifice wins over cap space, especially when, at this point in time, there's no one else on the roster with NFL game experience.

It has everything to do with reason and nothing to do with want.
I honestly think you're overstating what it takes to get a sharp kid to a basic 'ready level' in the WCO

You're said earlier that if Mahomes starts in 2018 that we're looking at 7-9 or 9-7 at best... I just cannot envision that kind of precipitous dropoff, not with the kind of loaded team Mahomes will have around him

Not looking for a knock down drag out with you here (but I'm game :-))... but you're shortselling the kids ability to learn quickly, and overselling how long it will take to get him huddle ready IMO

You've surely seen the clip where Gruden says 1 year, why doubt him?

He knows what it takes to get a guy ready to play in the WCO
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 04:00 PM 05-13-2017
Lets see... so he gets a pass for being complete dog shit in the first 3 quarters of the Chargers and Broncos games because he played well in the fourth? I see, I see.....

Great QBs don't need to make those comebacks because they don't wait until the fourth f**king quarter to drop their balls loose.

The Pittsburgh game was the same f**king thing, but that time he wasn't able to pull off his fourth quarter bullshit. Its great that he played well in the 4th, yeah, but if you suck ass for the first three, it really doesn't matter.
I thoroughly disagree.

The Chiefs aren't in a rush to replace a QB that's won 12 games a year for the past two years, while suffering catastrophic injuries, with a 22 year old that hasn't taken first team snaps.
Yup. And Management is well aware that Smith despite having shit for tight end and receiver year 1 still mustered up an awesome season. Year two they witness dwayne bowe play like a complete loser yet Smith still made him look like he was starter worthy (funny how the shithead couldn't even make the Browns starting lineup) while helping Kelce develop into a star. Every playoff loss they had to go without Charles and Ware missed the New england game which put the ball in the hands of fumbling queen Knile Davis. Justin Houston has been non-existent in the playoffs.

The problem is not Smith, although yes his ceiling is lower than a handful of other QBs, but he's been the best option for this team to be a winning franchise every single year since 2013 since we missed the chance to draft russell wilson the year prior.
[Reply]
Nickhead 04:03 PM 05-13-2017
Football outsiders DVOA is not the actual rushing rankings. Jesus.

You also don't trade up into the top 10 from 27 for Pat Mahomes if your QB isn't holding your entire team back. :-):-)
you should be banned for being too logical :-)
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 04:04 PM 05-13-2017
Football outsiders DVOA is not the actual rushing rankings. Jesus.

You also don't trade up into the top 10 from 27 for Pat Mahomes if your QB isn't holding your entire team back. :-):-)
You're totally clueless. There is no precedent like we are witnessing. You are making up a rationale for the trade up that is NOT concordant with Dorsey/Reid's interviews. They know Smith will AT LEAST be around for the next year with no guarantee for the following year if he were to have a serious injury. So what better opportunity then to draft a raw kid who has the ability to learn from a 12 year veteran. How many 12 year veteran QBs are in the league right now with the winning record like Smith's this side of the decade?

Common sense.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:14 PM 05-13-2017
You're totally clueless. There is no precedent like we are witnessing. You are making up a rationale for the trade up that is NOT concordant with Dorsey/Reid's interviews. They know Smith will AT LEAST be around for the next year with no guarantee for the following year if he were to have a serious injury. So what better opportunity then to draft a raw kid who has the ability to learn from a 12 year veteran. How many 12 year veteran QBs are in the league right now with the winning record like Smith's this side of the decade?

Common sense.
All I can do is laugh. :-) :-)

How about the precedent when Andy said he ideally would like a rookie QB to develop for one year? --> http://www.arrowheadpride.com/2017/5...-a-year-to-sit

It's sad. You're clinging to this average ass QB who they so clearly want to replace with a more talented player. Does he need his one year to develop? Sure, but it's go time in 2018 for the Chiefs. Andy Reid and John Dorsey don't have forever left on their careers. They are pushing their chips in on PM2, just as they did on Draft night.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 04:24 PM 05-13-2017
The last paragraph of your link

"Mahomes was considered very raw so it’s possible the Chiefs bump that up to two years since Alex Smith is still under contract. That wouldn’t surprise me. In fact, I’m getting mentally prepared for Mahomes on the bench for two years. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised after one year."

So there's that.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 04:26 PM 05-13-2017
Get off the kids nuts and enjoy Chiefs football until he's ready to be the full-time starter. He is far from ready
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:30 PM 05-13-2017
The last paragraph of your link

"Mahomes was considered very raw so it’s possible the Chiefs bump that up to two years since Alex Smith is still under contract. That wouldn’t surprise me. In fact, I’m getting mentally prepared for Mahomes on the bench for two years. Maybe I’ll be pleasantly surprised after one year."

So there's that.
Favre was a raw 2nd rounder for Atlanta in 91, then started the 4th game of 92 for the Packers after being traded

He was ready to roll less than a year after arriving in Green Bay, if he can do that... Mahomes can certainly do it with twice the amount of prep time
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 04:33 PM 05-13-2017
Get off the kids nuts and enjoy Chiefs football until he's ready to be the full-time starter. He is far from ready
'Far' as in a year and a half. Funny that you are trying to tell someone to get off a player's nuts...

You better just hope this team isn't sitting at 5-8 come December or Mahomes will play in 2017.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 04:44 PM 05-13-2017
'Far' as in a year and a half. Funny that you are trying to tell someone to get off a player's nuts...

You better just hope this team isn't sitting at 5-8 come December or Mahomes will play in 2017.
If this team is 5-8 in December it'll be because Smith got injured. We already know he can string wins together without a solid TE, RB or receiver.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 04:49 PM 05-13-2017
I can't believe there are fans of this team that would rather them continue to be held back by average QB play then to take a chance and maybe actually go deep into the playoffs.
For me, I'm ready for Mahomes to play when he and Reid agree he's ready.

The problem is, until then, I am NOT ready for YET ANOTHER YEAR of [being out of the KC area] the only Chiefs fans I interact with constantly grousing, griping, bitching, whining and praying for tragedy, anything and everything to move Mahomes into the starting role on THEIR timetable.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 04:52 PM 05-13-2017
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
I honestly think you're overstating what it takes to get a sharp kid to a basic 'ready level' in the WCO

You're said earlier that if Mahomes starts in 2018 that we're looking at 7-9 or 9-7 at best... I just cannot envision that kind of precipitous dropoff, not with the kind of loaded team Mahomes will have around him

Not looking for a knock down drag out with you here (but I'm game :-))... but you're shortselling the kids ability to learn quickly, and overselling how long it will take to get him huddle ready IMO

You've surely seen the clip where Gruden says 1 year, why doubt him?

He knows what it takes to get a guy ready to play in the WCO
Gruden's never developed a single QB in the NFL.

Regardless, your expectations are too high. Everyone that's seen Mahomes (as well as the other QB's in this class) felt they needed at least a year on the bench, if not more, to be ready to play in the NFL.

Look, I was "banging the table" for Mahomes back in the beginning of January, so it's not as if I didn't or don't want him. The Chiefs would be absolutely dead to me this year if they hadn't moved up and drafted a QB (with Mahomes being my #1 guy). But for fuck's sake, give the kid a chance to mature and grow into the position.

There is absolutely no reason to go full on "Cortez" and burn the QB position to the ground in 2018.

This is where the extra picks come in handy.

If they like Mahomes at their 1st round spot, grab him.
I don't think it would be a "reach" to take a guy that needs some development.

With the Chiefs drafting at the bottom of each round, they'll either need to trade away the farm for a chance at a guy or draft a developmental guy.

As much as some people seem to be against Mahomes in the late first, I feel better about developing him than Paxton Lynch, whom I never felt comfortable drafting.
I'll take Pat Mahomes in the first, Alex.
Hell at this point, I'd trade for Garopollo if it meant no Alex Smith.

I've been a past supporter but if he's the starting QB in 2017, I'll seriously question whether or not I purchase the Sunday Ticket for the 15 consecutive year.

[Reply]
Page 5 of 63
< 12345 67891555 > Last »
Up