Kewl

Madden like you've never seen it...#Madden18 pic.twitter.com/1H5gNSVISD

— EA SPORTS Madden NFL (@EAMaddenNFL) May 12, 2017

[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:13 PM 06-14-2017
THERE IT IS

[Reply]
Dayze 06:36 PM 06-14-2017
What are you seeing in that video GoChiefs?
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:39 PM 06-14-2017
Originally Posted by Dayze:
What are you seeing in that video GoChiefs?
Just that it's Madden 18. The animation does looks smoother. Lighting is tits. And look at that LG pick up the blitz! I also see the center picking up a blitz on the second snap.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 06:51 PM 06-14-2017
Well at least they didn't make it easy. :-)

Originally Posted by :
You hold L2/LT and a little indicator pops up near your primary receiver. You move the indicator around and your QB will throw to that target, allowing you to lead them anywhere you want on the field. But here's the catch (heh): your QB can't move while this is happening, so activating it is a massive risk.

The results when I activated it: Sack, sack, sack, interception, interception, interception.

[Reply]
Dayze 07:06 PM 06-14-2017
I looks pretty damn good.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:47 PM 06-15-2017
https://www.forbes.com/sites/brianma.../#5c815f033e02

Originally Posted by :
For commentary, we are in year 2 with Brandon Gaudin and Charles Davis. As you know last year recorded close to 400 hours of new content. The team is back at it again this year, with hundreds of hours of new content, heavily slanted towards Franchise mode. They’ll be talking a the MVP race, the playoff hunt, player of the week awards and more.

It’s really going to add to the immersion factor of Franchise. We’ve also focused on more contextual awareness for end-of-game moments, for better recognition of blowouts vs tight games. Coupled with improved late game AI, this should make the end of games more authentic.

They’ll be talking about the MVP race, the playoff hunt, player of the week awards and more. It’s really going to add to the immersion factor of Franchise. We’ve also focused on more contextual awareness for end-of-game moments, for better recognition of blowouts vs tight games. Coupled with improved late game AI, this should make the end of games more authentic.

[Reply]
Dayze 01:59 PM 06-15-2017
One thing I would like to see changed in '18 is getting XP for doing your job. I like to play as a LB alot of the time as a player/connected Franchise. But it's frustrating a alot of times because the goals each game that get you some XP each week, are almost exclusively tackle based. and if your offense is up by 17, the CPU offense is almost exclusively passing at that point so it's hard to get tackles.

Even if you're doing your job as a team defense in coverage and forcing a coverage sack or incompletion, or filling your assigned gap, or contain / forcing a cutback etc....you don't get rewarded - other than like 1 XP for simply playing the down itself. After playing probably 10 games as 'doing my job', I said **** it one game, and just roamed and freelanced. Sure enough, got more tackles and more XP, but it wasn't as fun and play calling was pretty much moot at that point. At that point it was like "yeah, whatever. call whatever play the coach suggests, then line up wherever and do what I want"....I got more XP, but c'mon.

Also, if I sack a QB and force a fumble, the XP should be worth more than just a tackle. I foget the exact XP correlation but i remember thinking "man, I had a monster game. 3 TFL, 2 sacks and a FF" then I saw my XP payout and it totaled like 5 points (or something really low like that). I think i got more XP by simply playing X number of downs. wtf.

If I recall (it's been a while), NBA 2k series would reward you for doing your job in some manner or form.

I played a season as a CB in connected franchise and it was no fun. Even when i would shut down a player for nearly the entire game, I didn't get any XP love because I didn't get an INT and 5+ tackles etc.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:18 PM 06-15-2017
It's going to be a 50/50 purchase for me. I really want to play as the Chiefs with Mahomes....but EA fucking sucks. I have a feeling that the game is going to look great.....and still play like shit.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:39 PM 06-15-2017
I'm pretty fortunate, because my Mother-in-law gets me a $50 gift card to gamestop nearly every year for my birthday (started years ago when i was playing games all the time....I don't play nearly as much as I used to but I still get the GC).

last year was the first year in.....jesus....YEARS that I bought a new Madden. So I'll likely use the GC to buy it this year as well. I was pretty pleased with 17 after taking a multi-year hiatus from EA/Madden. Though, I don't play online; mostly just a connected Franchise as a HC/full control, and a connected franchise as a few different players at different positions. So, I have no idea how the online / playing against others aspect is.
[Reply]
The Franchise 02:55 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by Dayze:
I'm pretty fortunate, because my Mother-in-law gets me a $50 gift card to gamestop nearly every year for my birthday (started years ago when i was playing games all the time....I don't play nearly as much as I used to but I still get the GC).

last year was the first year in.....jesus....YEARS that I bought a new Madden. So I'll likely use the GC to buy it this year as well. I was pretty pleased with 17 after taking a multi-year hiatus from EA/Madden. Though, I don't play online; mostly just a connected Franchise as a HC/full control, and a connected franchise as a few different players at different positions. So, I have no idea how the online / playing against others aspect is.
I don't play online at all. I strictly play franchise mode. I was hoping for a better single player campaign type mode but it looks like it's not happening. If I get giftcards....I'll probably pick it up but it fucking pisses me off. The MLB RTTS is just so awesome. Madden would be fantastic if it had a mode like that.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:02 PM 06-15-2017
yep. I'm not even a huge baseball fan, but when I got my PS4 last year after the bike wreck, I needed a game or two to keep my occupied so I picked up MLB The Show. so much fun. and I don't even understand all the ins and outs of baseball (other than 6 outs and inning, 9 innings etc) from a strategy standpoint. Would love if Madden did something like that.

and honestly, I don't even play Madden Franchise mode (where you're the HC etc doing scouting, drafting, playing etc) all that often just due to lack of time. So i like to sit down and maybe play a game or two when I have time as a player; or just as a "Play now" type thing. A single player mode like RTTS etc would be great for a player like me. I'd be able to hop in and out of the game as my time allowed and still get a good experience.

I liked NBA 2k career mode as well. But, like with Baseball, I don't know all that much about basektball so i was pretty terrible at it lol. Despite this, it was still super fun.

Doe anyone know why EA doesn't do this? Serious question. Do they not GAF about it, or are they spending resources and effort to appease a certain type of gamer?
[Reply]
The Franchise 03:04 PM 06-15-2017
Madden has always, and will always, care about the online player. It's been that way since online gaming became a thing.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:05 PM 06-15-2017
Thanks. I figured it was something like that.
Bummer.
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:56 PM 06-15-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
I don't play online at all. I strictly play franchise mode. I was hoping for a better single player campaign type mode but it looks like it's not happening. If I get giftcards....I'll probably pick it up but it ****ing pisses me off. The MLB RTTS is just so awesome. Madden would be fantastic if it had a mode like that.
I'm a Franchise mode guy myself. I have yet to play online.
[Reply]
Dayze 09:21 AM 06-21-2017
After playing a season as a CB as a PR/KR a few thoughts.

to earn extra XP you have to achieve goals each week; which is almost solely predicated on making tackles. so to get that, you essentially have to let WRs catch the ball, then tackle them. like if you're in a flat zone and you see someone leaking out into the flat and pick him up....don't pick him up too well, or the QB won't throw it and you won't get jack shit for doing your job. you almost have to bait him into making the throw then make the tackle. This goes back to my desire to have some XP for doing your job correctly. and it's hard to get INT's when you cover your guy so well or play good zone / relationship with the other defenders when the QB won't throw to your side of the field at all.

I had a game against the Jets where I returned 3 kicks/punts and had an INT. Monster game by my standards (don't think i've ever done that. 2 of them were me fighting through tackles, then getting free and having wide open field in front of me...so nothing magical about my return skills...more luck that anything). Know what I got XP-wise for those TDs? ...nada. I was so excited to see my post game XP earnings, figuring "Oh yeah...gonna get a ton of XP here....."....then I see the breakdown and was like WTF. So, again, that's pretty lame.

Hope they fix some of that stuff in 18. I doubt it though lol.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up