ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 322 of 2683
« First < 222272312318319320321322 3233243253263323724228221322 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:24 AM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Wow it looks like Dorsey wasn't as big of the personnel as we thought. The question is, how much of the hits were from Ballard?

We now know that Andy played a huge role in Mahomes and Dorsey didn't even know who Tanoh was until a scout referred him at the Senior Bowl.
It makes sense that Reid would be more invested in a QB than the GM, as that's his area of expertise, so I think that without further information and confirmation, it's a stretch to say that Dorsey wasn't as involved as most have assumed.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:26 AM 07-23-2017
Wow it looks like Dorsey wasn't as big of the personnel as we thought. The question is, how much of the hits were from Ballard?

We now know that Andy played a huge role in Mahomes and Dorsey didn't even know who Tanoh was until a scout referred him at the Senior Bowl.
This doesn't mean that at all
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 09:30 AM 07-23-2017
http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...162888993.html

[Reply]
RunKC 09:39 AM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It makes sense that Reid would be more invested in a QB than the GM, as that's his area of expertise, so I think that without further information and confirmation, it's a stretch to say that Dorsey wasn't as involved as most have assumed.
I think Dorsey was involved, but more as a genuine scout along with Ballard. I think it was presented to Andy and he ran with it.

IMO Ballard played a monumental role in the personnel department. It makes sense too seeing how he's crushed it so far in Indy.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 09:41 AM 07-23-2017
I think Dorsey was involved, but more as a genuine scout along with Ballard. I think it was presented to Andy and he ran with it.
Really, who knows at this point?

Maybe Andy really was running the show behind the scenes. It's just all speculation until news items like this are revealed.

Ultimately, however it happened, I'm just glad that Mahomes is a Chief.
[Reply]
RealSNR 09:44 AM 07-23-2017
Oh dear lord.

We didn't just pick any QB. We picked a QB who was a giant fucking middle finger to Alex Smith. We couldn't have found a more perfect QB for this team if we scoured the next FIVE drafts!
[Reply]
Rasputin 01:41 PM 07-23-2017
I knew it would be cool one day to draft a first round QBotf and all but I didn't know it was going be this fucking cool fuck yeah bitches.

I think Patrick Mahomes II is going out luck Andrew Luck in his career. We didn't win the Luck lottery but this could turn out so much better for us. Patrick Mahomes II is just raw but that means he can be molded and coached up and learn his craft and do his thing the thing he does.

He is going be the quarterback generations will be comparing up and coming quarterbacks too like he is to Brett Farvre but with better character.

I think we got the steal of the draft last 10 and next 10 years. Time and seasons will only tell and yes I'm going :-) on this kid but I don't care it's been a long time waiting.
[Reply]
cmdrzman 02:01 PM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by KC Tattoo:
I knew it would be cool one day to draft a first round QBotf and all but I didn't know it was going be this ****ing cool **** yeah bitches.

I think Patrick Mahomes II is going out luck Andrew Luck in his career. We didn't win the Luck lottery but this could turn out so much better for us. Patrick Mahomes II is just raw but that means he can be molded and coached up and learn his craft and do his thing the thing he does.

He is going be the quarterback generations will be comparing up and coming quarterbacks too like he is to Brett Farvre but with better character.

I think we got the steal of the draft last 10 and next 10 years. Time and seasons will only tell and yes I'm going :-) on this kid but I don't care it's been a long time waiting.
It aint hard to mold any QB to a dink and dunk Andy Reid offense- It's when Reid is fired and a new coach comes in who's offense requires more of a stand tall in the pocket type passer... You can easily shut down Mahomes in the NFL- when he rolls to his right is where he makes all is erratic completions- but if he's forced to roll to his left he is complete ass.. Kid better start learning to stand tall in the pocket instead of running and taking off at the first sign of pressure
[Reply]
cmdrzman 02:07 PM 07-23-2017
DP
[Reply]
Rasputin 02:10 PM 07-23-2017
Holy shit

https://mobile.twitter.com/TTUKingsb...00783586795520
Originally Posted by cmdrzman:
It aint hard to mold any QB to a dink and dunk Andy Reid offense- It's when Reid is fired and a new coach comes in who's offense requires more of a stand tall in the pocket type passer... You can easily shut down Mahomes in the NFL- when he rolls to his right is where he makes all is erratic completions- but if he's forced to roll to his left he is complete ass.. Kid better start learning to stand tall in the pocket instead of running and taking off at the first sign of pressure

Yeah sure he is :-)
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:36 PM 07-23-2017

Ha, your jealousy is reeking.
[Reply]
cmdrzman 02:50 PM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by Hog Farmer:
Ha, your jealousy is reeking.
Why would I be even slightly jealous of a sand lot football player that's never proved anything in the NFL and hasn't even taken a snap when we have a franchise MVP type QB that is clutch in crunch time? A 3rd year QB that set an NFL record for most game winning TD's in the 4th qtr?

No QB has thrown more game winning TD's in the history of the NFL than Derek Carr

That is the sign of a great QB- A QB, that when the heat is on, and the pressure is squeezing him like a vice and he's down points with minutes left in a game that he can move his team down the field and win the game- No QB has done it more times in one season than Derek Carr.. that's the sign of a superstar franchise QB-

I know it's incredibly frustrating for you to accept...
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 02:53 PM 07-23-2017
Why would I be even slightly jealous of a sand lot football player that's never proved anything in the NFL and hasn't even taken a snap when we have a franchise MVP type QB that is clutch in crunch time? A 3rd year QB that set an NFL record for most game winning TD's in the 4th qtr?

No QB has thrown more game winning TD's in the history of the NFL than Derek Carr

That is the sign of a great QB- A QB, that when the heat is on, and the pressure is squeezing him like a vice and he's down points with minutes left in a game that he can move his team down the field and win the game- No QB has done it more times in one season than Derek Carr.. that's the sign of a superstar franchise QB-

I know it's incredibly frustrating for you to accept...
But he can't even beat the Chiefs with Smith:-)
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 02:56 PM 07-23-2017
To say that Mahomes is terrible rolling to his left is a troll job if I've ever heard one. He made the best throw in college football last year, if not all of football, rolling to his left.

Carr looks nice, but he also plays like Blaine Gabbert against the Chiefs. If their OL ever becomes average or worse (and it will), we will see what he can do with that.
[Reply]
Tribal Warfare 03:02 PM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
To say that Mahomes is terrible rolling to his left is a troll job if I've ever heard one. He made the best throw in college football last year, if not all of football, rolling to his left.

Carr looks nice, but he also plays like Blaine Gabbert against the Chiefs. If their OL ever becomes average or worse (and it will), we will see what he can do with that.
Any rip on PMII is a troll job since he hasn't taken one snap in the NFL
[Reply]
Page 322 of 2683
« First < 222272312318319320321322 3233243253263323724228221322 > Last »
Up