ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 98
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>MELLINGER: Should The Chiefs Move On From Smith?
OnTheWarpath15 12:35 PM 01-17-2017
Yep, another Alex Smith thread - but a solid and fair read from Sam Mellinger.

Originally Posted by :
The only way forward is through brutal honesty and realistic self-evaluation. No sport moves as quickly, or with such little empathy, as the NFL.

Only fools assume what happened in the past will continue to happen in the future, unless that assumption is “the Patriots will win every year from now until armageddon because Bill Belichick is an alien.”

And so it is that this particular group of Chiefs players and executives attempt to solve a puzzle that no group of Chiefs players and executives has solved since 1970, which is so long ago CBS erased the tape to save money:

Get to the Super Bowl.

And it’s hard to believe that will happen without addressing the quarterback situation.

This is not a call for the Chiefs to walk away from Alex Smith, even though this is the first offseason since his arrival in which they could do it without a fatal salary cap hit. This is a call for them to look, to try, to make sure they don’t have access to a better option — whether that’s Tony Romo in a trade, Deshaun Watson in the draft (which would almost certainly require a trade up), or anything else.
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
DaFace 01:51 PM 01-17-2017
I've actually liked Mellinger's takes a lot this year, and this one's no different. I will always be the optimist during the season, and I legitimately think we COULD have won a Super Bowl this year with Alex at the helm if a couple of things had fallen differently.

But in terms of long-term planning, it's time for this team to go after a legit threat for a QB. And sorry, Alex, I think you're a good guy, and you're not a "shitty" QB. But you're not the QB we need moving forward.
[Reply]
Fish 01:51 PM 01-17-2017
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
There's something that bugs me about Alex. I saw pretty much the same thing with Grbac. His body language when he's behind in a game is terrible. He huddles up with his QB coach with his nose in his little blue tablet, never has conversations with his skill guys on the sidelines; never talks to Maclin or Kelce or Hill or Ware or anybody between series. And if they get behind he kind of trudges out onto the field with his head down into the huddle. I don't think he's the kind of guy who can motivate his team mates. If you watch Brady, or Rodgers, or Rapitsburger, or Luck, or Stafford, or Wilson.....or....or....or...just about ANY other starting QB worth a damn, they interact with their skill guys during the game.

Grbac was the same way. He'd just wander off in his own little world on the sidelines, never spoke to any of the other guys, just to the coaches. Seemed like he didn't want to be bothered by any of the player's opinions. Maybe that's because he calls the plays, and doesn't want any back talk. Dunno, but I do know his leadership skills were shit.
Yup. Smith acts like just another guy on the team, as opposed to some kind of team leader. Similar to Cassel, you can see that the other players never really look to him for any kind of leadership or motivation. When asked, the best any of the coaches and teammates can say is "He's a great person. Hard worker."
[Reply]
ChiefsCountry 01:53 PM 01-17-2017
Chiefs love the shit out of Smith for whatever reason. They have his ass plastered on all of their promos.
[Reply]
RunKC 01:56 PM 01-17-2017
Extend Foles for a smaller cap hit, draft Mahomes and start him. This offense is designed to fit a spread system and the team is talented enough.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 01:57 PM 01-17-2017
Listening to Adam Teicher makes me want to beat the shit out of him.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:07 PM 01-17-2017
I love all the people bashing Foles....

Just cracks me up.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:09 PM 01-17-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Chiefs love the shit out of Smith for whatever reason. They have his ass plastered on all of their promos.
Because he is a safe choice, one and done, make some noise kinda guy...

True fans will eat that shit up.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 02:15 PM 01-17-2017
Originally Posted by ChiefsCountry:
Because he's a nice guy and the team has won alot of regular season games with him. He's perfect for this fanbase. Its pretty funny to think these guys making millions a year are going to replace a like Smith who's won so many regular season games for Pat fucking Mahomes.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:18 PM 01-17-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
Because he's a nice guy and the team has won alot of regular season games with him. He's perfect for this fanbase. Its pretty funny to think these guys making millions a year are going to replace a like Smith who's won so many regular season games for Pat ****ing Mahomes.
That is the heart and soul of the Chiefs fan base... Win regular season games...

Rarely will you ever meet a Chiefs fan that is willing to talk about post season success or how to achieve it...

But they will jerk off a clown car full of midgets to talk about beating the Pats in Arrowhead a few years ago.
[Reply]
gblowfish 02:19 PM 01-17-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
T

But they will jerk off a clown car full of midgets to talk about beating the Pats in Arrowhead a few years ago.
Pictures or GTFO....
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 02:20 PM 01-17-2017
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Pictures or GTFO....

[Reply]
Nightfyre 02:21 PM 01-17-2017
Say what you will about Foles time with the Rams. But with the eagles, he played this scheme well. He pushed the ball down field routinely.
[Reply]
O.city 02:22 PM 01-17-2017
Originally Posted by Nightfyre:
Say what you will about Foles time with the Rams. But with the eagles, he played this scheme well. He pushed the ball down field routinely.
That was with chip kelly.
[Reply]
kcxiv 02:28 PM 01-17-2017
Originally Posted by Reerun_KC:
I love all the people bashing Foles....

Just cracks me up.
Yeah, i dont get it. He's not horrible. Not saying he's the QBoTF but Smith isnt either we all know this.

Alex isnt going to take us to the next level, so whats the fucking difference? At least Foles will throw downfield if a guy is wide open.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:29 PM 01-17-2017
You know, I can see both sides to this argument.

I mean Smith is a solid, professional quarterback and a good lea....

Spoiler!

Fuck that. Time to move on.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 98
< 1234 56781454 > Last »
Up