ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 1 of 98
1 23451151 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>MELLINGER: Should The Chiefs Move On From Smith?
OnTheWarpath15 12:35 PM 01-17-2017
Yep, another Alex Smith thread - but a solid and fair read from Sam Mellinger.

Originally Posted by :
The only way forward is through brutal honesty and realistic self-evaluation. No sport moves as quickly, or with such little empathy, as the NFL.

Only fools assume what happened in the past will continue to happen in the future, unless that assumption is “the Patriots will win every year from now until armageddon because Bill Belichick is an alien.”

And so it is that this particular group of Chiefs players and executives attempt to solve a puzzle that no group of Chiefs players and executives has solved since 1970, which is so long ago CBS erased the tape to save money:

Get to the Super Bowl.

And it’s hard to believe that will happen without addressing the quarterback situation.

This is not a call for the Chiefs to walk away from Alex Smith, even though this is the first offseason since his arrival in which they could do it without a fatal salary cap hit. This is a call for them to look, to try, to make sure they don’t have access to a better option — whether that’s Tony Romo in a trade, Deshaun Watson in the draft (which would almost certainly require a trade up), or anything else.
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:36 PM 01-17-2017
Yes.

/thread
[Reply]
O.city 12:37 PM 01-17-2017
Yes.

And that's not a big knock on smith. He's been good here. But it's time.
[Reply]
notorious 12:37 PM 01-17-2017
Should?

Is there even a question?
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:38 PM 01-17-2017
And fuck no to Tony Romo.
[Reply]
O.city 12:38 PM 01-17-2017
No to romo, no to anyone but a drsft pick.
[Reply]
Reerun_KC 12:39 PM 01-17-2017
Bye Felicia
[Reply]
OnTheWarpath15 12:39 PM 01-17-2017
We've basically been doing this for the last 4 years:

[Reply]
kcxiv 12:40 PM 01-17-2017
Originally Posted by Pestilence:
And **** no to Tony Romo.
to bed completely honest, i wouldnt mind. Not because i want a retread, but because he will fucking get hurt and it would FORCE the Chiefs to play another QB.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:44 PM 01-17-2017
They've actually over-achieved with Smith. This is the ceiling, the high water mark with that guy.

So if we're gonna get bounced in the playoffs every year on this course, I'd rather suck -like we had to suck hard to get rid of Haley/Pioli and get on to building the next generation with an actual chance of winning. Brady's got maybe another two years left before he loses his skills (like Manning did). We'll be fighting Carr, Luck and Mariota over the next five years in the AFC.
[Reply]
O.city 12:47 PM 01-17-2017
Nah, I'll always take winning. Losing sucks.

But they don't need to bottom out. They're sitting in the absolute best spot they've ever been in to take a young qb to grow with the young core they've got.
[Reply]
Bewbies 12:47 PM 01-17-2017
At some point KC will draft a QB. I mean, the Cubs won it all this year so anything is possible...

Tired of the thinking that a QB another team doesn't want is good enough to get it done in today's NFL.
[Reply]
Titty Meat 12:48 PM 01-17-2017
So you're going to dump Smith and start a rookie QB next year? No thanks. I'd rather get Romo keep Foles at a reduced price and draft a QB to sit for a year or 2.
[Reply]
Bewbies 12:48 PM 01-17-2017
Originally Posted by BigMeatballBillay:
So you're going to dump Smith and start a rookie QB next year? No thanks. I'd rather get Romo keep Foles at a reduced price and draft a QB to sit for a year or 2.
Didn't read the article.
[Reply]
St. Patty's Fire 12:49 PM 01-17-2017
fuck man, i dont mind bottoming out next year if it gets us sam darnold. that qb class is stacked.

Also, this was a good read, thanks for posting.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 98
1 23451151 > Last »
Up