ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Saccopoo Memorial Draft Forum>Patrick Mahomes
RunKC 09:07 AM 01-03-2017
I am so high on this kid right now, and it says a lot bc I'm terrified of taking a Big 12 QB (they never work out) but Jesus Christ is this kid impressive as hell. He looks just as good as any QB in this class bar none.

Let's review:

-above average size/build (6'3" 230 lbs)
-above average mobility
-elite arm...his dad played for the Twins so it's in his genes.
-solid accuracy
-set a lot of passing records
-smart kid
-only 21 years old

Watch this kid play. Seriously. He's got arm talent that can remind people of the same talent Aaron Rodgers had as a prospect. Not just arm strength but a quick release.

This guy looks like the next Russell Wilson/Dak Prescott and he would be a great fit here.
[Reply]
Mr_Tomahawk 10:24 PM 02-14-2017
Damnit.

I have such high hopes he is there at 27.

Why do I do this to myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:27 PM 02-14-2017
Originally Posted by Mr_Tomahawk:
Damnit.

I have such high hopes he is there at 27.

Why do I do this to myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Because it's the only way to truly live.
[Reply]
Dave Lane 10:39 PM 02-14-2017
Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh:
The only comparison to kap that I care about is that he sends alex packing.
Seconded. I might take Cassel for 1 year if I had to to transition to a rook.
[Reply]
chiefscafan 11:21 AM 02-15-2017
From reading the reviews by lance id say more Brett Favre than Cutler. Just know he could frustrate you but wouldn't it be great to have a QB that could take the team on his back and win games. Last time we had that was Green or Montana or Gannon.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 12:18 PM 02-17-2017
Bucky Brooks had some things to say about Mahomes in the Move The Sticks notebook...

Spoiler!
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap300...-browns-titans
[Reply]
staylor26 03:59 PM 02-17-2017
Lol KnowMo is so scared of the possibility that the Chiefs draft a QB this year.

I've never seen him this active on DP.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 04:07 PM 02-17-2017
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Lol KnowMo is so scared of the possibility that the Chiefs draft a QB this year.

I've never seen him this active on DP.
When you're picking at the bottom of each round every year, the lead up to the draft isn't nearly as interesting. I honestly don't care who KC drafts this year.
[Reply]
staylor26 04:17 PM 02-17-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:
When you're picking at the bottom of each round every year the lead up to the draft isn't nearly as interesting. I honestly don't care who KC drafts this year.
Yea we really struggled to find talent at the end of the 1st the past couple of years :-)

Might be an issue for Elway, but it hasn't been for Dorsey

:-)
[Reply]
ModSocks 04:36 PM 02-17-2017
I'm not sold.

Before i read anything on the guy i watched his highlights to see if my opinion matches what scouts are saying.

My initial reaction was that i've never seen a highlight package so full of throws in which the QB's feet are parallel to the horizontal field markers. He torques his body quite a bit in his throws and that's good, but damn, his footwork is all over the place. It's not something you see in a successful NFL QB.

There were about 2-3 plays in there in which it looked like he immediately panicked after his 1st read wasn't open. He was dancing in a clean pocket. The kind of shit we grill Alex Smith for, only worse. That was what i found to be most alarming about it.

With that said, it WAS a highlight film i was watching. So despite what i just mentioned, he still made big plays.

His mechanics look piss ass imo. Year after year we see QB's with piss ass mechanics fizzle out in the NFL. But maybe you could argue that he has that "IT" factor.

Despite some of the worst mechanics i can remember, the guy made plays.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 07:29 AM 02-20-2017

Pat Mahomes has a unique delivery. Steps in bucket with front foot, cross body throwing motion, no torso movement or weight transfer. pic.twitter.com/2qbKudoH8Y

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) February 20, 2017

[Reply]
kccrow 05:44 PM 02-20-2017
Originally Posted by Quesadilla Joe:

Terrible caption. What's dumbfuck Jeremiah want him to do there? Open up his rib cage to a huge hit? Plus, most QB's don't torque fully, or even at all, on quick hitters. Retarded ass gif.

I've seen him use core torque plenty when he needs to drive the football or go deep. Hell, all you need to do to see it is watch one of his highlight videos, much less a full game.

The kid needs work on his footwork, but to bring into question everything the kid does is absolutely idiotic. This is a "scout" being about as dumb as one can be.
[Reply]
Quesadilla Joe 06:10 PM 02-20-2017
Someone else had a similar criticism and DJ responded to it...

@CPBoomer77 He does the same thing in a perfect pocket all the time. He is as raw as a 3 dollar steak.

— Daniel Jeremiah (@MoveTheSticks) February 20, 2017

[Reply]
Go Royals 06:52 PM 02-20-2017
Totally agree with Jeremiah. Too raw. Other teams should stay away so he falls to us. :-)
[Reply]
MotherfuckerJones 08:47 PM 02-20-2017
Mahomes has mechanical flaws. But those are correctable. That's why you bring in Romo and draft he or Kizer.
[Reply]
ModSocks 03:31 PM 02-21-2017
Originally Posted by Mother****erJones:
Mahomes has mechanical flaws. But those are correctable. That's why you bring in Romo and draft he or Kizer.
I completely disagree. Mechanics seem to be something that's rather instinctual.

Most plays will occur in under 3 seconds. In that time, the QB is reading a defense, reading his receivers and deciding where to go with the ball. When it comes to throwing the ball, he'll revert to his natural instincts.

I can't recall a time when someone has said, "Hey we can fix his mechanics" and have it actually work out.

He's been throwing that way all his life. It's muscle memory at this point.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 6
< 123 456 >
Up