Page 1 of 13
1 234511 > Last »
Media Center>Dunkirk
The Franchise 05:10 PM 12-14-2016

Christopher Nolan.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:52 PM 12-14-2016
JIMP!

I was going to come search for a thread on this figuring I'd just missed it but man, that looks awesome.

I mean sure, Death Star plans and what not, but I'm way more excited to see this. Just let Branagh have 80% of the screen looking all weathered and then have Tom Hardy show up towards the end to kick an ass or two.

The talent involved in this thing is amazing. Giving Nolan a WWII epic.....ugh, just too much awesome.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:57 PM 12-14-2016
"Survival is Victory" -- fuck that's cool; just an awesome way to capture Dunkirk and how critical that entire evacuation was to the war.
[Reply]
Fish 06:20 PM 12-14-2016
Looks bleak as all hell.
[Reply]
Otter 09:03 PM 12-14-2016
Originally Posted by Fish:
Looks bleak as all hell.
I have a hard time watching WWII movies. My grandfather told me some pretty crazy stories about his experiences in WWII and I still remember the look on his face when he would share.

There were a couple 'Band of Brothers' episodes I had to walk out on. Might be taking a pass on this one even though it looks amazing.
[Reply]
notorious 09:13 PM 12-14-2016
Hopefully more movies like this will educate the ignorant among us.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:33 PM 12-14-2016
Wow.

Must watch.
[Reply]
Squalor2 11:04 PM 12-14-2016
thanks for the heads up on this. there arent many men left that survived Dunkirk. there is footage of these men heading back to england that breaks a heart. they were beaten but not defeated.

a movie was made in 1958 called Dunkirk! with john mills. it was filmed in Dunkirk with the soldiers that not only fought there but survived the war. the film was made 14 years after the war ended, yet the town still looked liked it was under attack.

here is link if yall want.
https://archive.org/details/Dunkirk1958
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:56 PM 12-14-2016
I have the biggest mancrush in the world on Cillian Murphy. This movie is going to be a smash.
[Reply]
Deberg_1990 07:08 AM 12-15-2016
Looks superb.
[Reply]
kcfanXIII 10:52 AM 12-15-2016
Explaining to people why there are no American soldiers in this movie is gong to be like explaining why Luke Skywalker isn't in Rogue One.
[Reply]
Bowser 01:35 PM 12-15-2016
Yes, definitely in for this
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 02:40 PM 12-15-2016
Originally Posted by kcfanXIII:
Explaining to people why there are no American soldiers in this movie is gong to be like explaining why Luke Skywalker isn't in Rogue One.
I showed this clip to my wife. Her response?

"Why would you make a war movie that doesn't have any Americans in it...."?

Shit like that should be divorceable. A buddy of mine's wife (my wife's sister, for what that's worth) door dinged a late 50's era Ferrari 250. He and I are pretty big car fans so he sees it and freaks out. Immediately gets out and stops her as she's walking around the back of their car to go into the store and says "did you see what you just hit?"

"You mean that red car?"

Seriously, he could've just stabbed her in the face right then and no jury in the world would've convicted him. No, my assistant's goddamn ford focus is 'that red car', you just marred an automotive icon. Fucking women, man - they are just wholly oblivious sometimes.
[Reply]
Easy 6 02:53 PM 12-15-2016
WWII + Chris Nolan = I'm all in

Helluva cast too... Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy, Kenneth Branagh
[Reply]
Chiefspants 11:49 PM 12-15-2016
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
WWII + Chris Nolan = I'm all in

Helluva cast too... Cillian Murphy, Tom Hardy, Kenneth Branagh
Don't forget Harry Styles. :-)

A significant amount of my high school students think he's the A-lister in this one.
[Reply]
Page 1 of 13
1 234511 > Last »
Up