ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Media Center>Netflix: Iron Fist
keg in kc 04:06 PM 07-22-2016
In the defenders thread, but it'll need its own space too I figure...

How can all these different shows look so good?!?
[Reply]
listopencil 10:13 PM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by Valiant:
I always thought him and cage were horrible characters. I didn't like iron fist until he was in the young avengers or what ever it was called tv show led by spiderman and fury.

His fight scenes are not on par with daredevil, which you would figure 15 years of training by monks would be better.

Also. I am not understanding the hate luke cage series is getting. I thought it was decent.
The bad guys in this show are done by better actors than the good guys. Even when they get on a roll (good guys) the writing is holding them back. The Gao interrogation scene is a good example of this. And the lead isn't believable at all. I'm beyond sick of the man-child hippy shit. Hearing him mention that he was trained in self control, and then seeing him do stupid shit and get angry when it doesn't work. And the sprinklings of pretend Eastern mysticism in the dialogue leave him sounding like that 30 year old idiot friend on Face Book who just discovered New Age bullshit that's been around in this country for 50+ years or so. I like the sidekick. She's a cutie. I enjoyed seeing the Night Nurse and Gao show up-but they both just remind me that I'm still waiting for another season of DareDevil.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:21 PM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
The bad guys in this show are done by better actors than the good guys. Even when they get on a roll (good guys) the writing is holding them back. The Gao interrogation scene is a good example of this. And the lead isn't believable at all. I'm beyond sick of the man-child hippy shit. Hearing him mention that he was trained in self control, and then seeing him do stupid shit and get angry when it doesn't work. And the sprinklings of pretend Eastern mysticism in the dialogue leave him sounding like that 30 year old idiot friend on Face Book who just discovered New Age bullshit that's been around in this country for 50+ years or so. I like the sidekick. She's a cutie. I enjoyed seeing the Night Nurse and Gao show up-but they both just remind me that I'm still waiting for another season of DareDevil.
I thought Ward was the best character. Just like in Luke Cage, the show was carried by Shades, Cottonmouth, and Mariah.
[Reply]
listopencil 10:32 PM 03-22-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
I thought Ward was the best character. Just like in Luke Cage, the show was carried by Shades, Cottonmouth, and Mariah.
Yeah. I am withholding judgement on that until I reach the end of the season but through episode 10 it's Ward. Kind of a toss-up between the Dad and Gao after that. After that I'd say the sidekick is better than the sister.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 03:04 PM 03-23-2017
I always thought him and cage were horrible characters. I didn't like iron fist until he was in the young avengers or what ever it was called tv show led by spiderman and fury.

His fight scenes are not on par with daredevil, which you would figure 15 years of training by monks would be better.

Also. I am not understanding the hate luke cage series is getting. I thought it was decent.
I've always liked Iron Fist, but he's like Batman and a lot of other superheroes being translated for the movies and/or television, in that the casting of the lead is crucial. I just don't know what the hell they were thinking with the casting.
[Reply]
Barret 05:27 PM 03-23-2017
I finished the series last week. The Fight scenes do suck with Danny. What kinda got me was how "all over the map" the characters are. The first couple of episodes Colleen "the Martial artist female" didn't want to give Danny the time of day and then all of a sudden one episode and she has those googly eyes going on. Did I miss something??

For those that haven't seen the whole thing yet Harold, the Father is all over the place and making no sense and Ward and Joy just make no sense as well. Then the ending kinda sucked and again made no sense. It is about talking a character into Killing someone that the person I thought had some feelings for. Oh yea that is a great idea.....what??? You will understand when you see it.

I dislike that none of the flashback scenes tied Kun'Lun into the show. They could have at least showed maybe why Danny is doing stupid things or show some conflict in him to where yea he is training to control his emotions but it doesn't work. You know since that certainly didn't work at all when he was in New York.

Just my 10 cents
[Reply]
kysirsoze 07:02 PM 03-23-2017
Not sure if this is a spoilers thread so...

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Nickhead 03:08 AM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:

Spoiler!
:-):-)but im the iron fist:-):-)
[Reply]
kepp 06:42 AM 03-24-2017
It is slow. But I think they had to, not many know about iron fist.
This is where I'm at. I wasn't into comics growing up and I had never heard of the Iron Fist before this show. I'm 4 episodes in and like it so far.
[Reply]
Rausch 10:24 AM 03-24-2017
I'm 8 eps in and honestly, it's good, not great.

Yes, you'll like it.

No, it's not up to Netflix/Marvel par. It's very underwhelming.

That said, it's not bad, it's just not up to the level we'd expect...
[Reply]
listopencil 04:21 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:

Spoiler!
Bakuto. I didn't notice that he was lame until I saw him in a scene with Ward. And he says Iron Fist instead of Iron Fist. It's annoying.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 06:21 PM 03-24-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
Bakuto. I didn't notice that he was lame until I saw him in a scene with Ward. And he says Iron Fist instead of Iron Fist. It's annoying.
Yeah, that's the guy. I heard today he was up for the role of Danny. Good to know that had they gone another way Danny Rand still would have fucking sucked.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 08:23 AM 03-25-2017
It just surprises me that they were so subtle with Ward's backstory but didn't have that with anyone else.

Spoiler!

[Reply]
Beef Supreme 01:21 PM 03-26-2017
Originally Posted by Barret:
The first couple of episodes Colleen "the Martial artist female" didn't want to give Danny the time of day and then all of a sudden one episode and she has those googly eyes going on. Did I miss something??
She found out he was a billionaire. That's like one of the most believable things in this series.
[Reply]
NewChief 09:27 AM 03-27-2017
I just don't get the hate for the show. It's fairly slow without a lot of the excellent fight scenes of DD, but... I've enjoyed it through Episode 6.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 04:16 PM 03-27-2017
Originally Posted by NewChief:
I just don't get the hate for the show. It's fairly slow without a lot of the excellent fight scenes of DD, but... I've enjoyed it through Episode 6.
Wait for it....
[Reply]
Page 6 of 10
« First < 23456 78910 >
Up