ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: Iron Fist
keg in kc 04:06 PM 07-22-2016
In the defenders thread, but it'll need its own space too I figure...

How can all these different shows look so good?!?
[Reply]
keg in kc 05:57 PM 02-22-2017

[Reply]
listopencil 05:19 AM 02-25-2017
I'm not impressed with the actor playing the lead role. Hopefully it's just the trailer but he comes off as kind of a lightweight to me. DareDevil did a great job with its characters (except Froggy) feeling like the they had the weight of real people going about their storylines. Jessica Jones' character development(?) was similar even if not quite as good, but I have a thing for Krysten Ritter and her character was really fun to watch anyway. Luke Cage was all right-but the plot dragged and dragged and dragged while they seemed to focus on atmosphere and getting the show to feel like a blaxploitation comic from the 70's. Maybe I'm just too much of an old fart but this just looks like a kid running around punching things. Meh.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:47 AM 02-25-2017
Iron Fist is supposed to be the least angsty of the "Defenders" like I said more of a Wuxia movie instead of the black & grey morality of Daredevil, the dark noir of Jessica Jones, or the blaxplotation of Cage.

Hopefully, this is just set up for Seven Cities of Heaven as season 2.
[Reply]
unlurking 10:55 AM 02-25-2017
Originally Posted by listopencil:
...Maybe I'm just too much of an old fart but this just looks like a kid running around punching things. Meh.
That's actually exactly what I'm hoping for. While I love all the Netflix Marvel shows, I'm looking forward to a show with much less plot and much more action. Just a fun Sunday afternoon monster/kung fu marathon full of meaningless story but fun action.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:28 PM 03-08-2017
First review I've seen, not too positive: http://www.blastr.com/2017-3-8/marvel-iron-fist-review

If I remember a year ago, Sagers liked Luke Cage (I did not...) so I'm not too concerned yet. Opinions vary...

Still, not sounding great.
[Reply]
Fish 02:44 PM 03-08-2017
Yeah, I'm not getting a good feeling about this one. I really like Jessica Jones, Daredevil was cool, and Luke Cage was decent. This one doesn't have me excited in the slightest.
[Reply]
unlurking 06:51 PM 03-08-2017
I have super low expectations. Just some mindless action fun.

I'm waiting for Punisher. Really high expectations for that one.
[Reply]
Buehler445 08:46 PM 03-08-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
I have super low expectations. Just some mindless action fun.

I'm waiting for Punisher. Really high expectations for that one.
Yeah. There is about no way it can live up to the performance that Bernthal put out in Daredevil. That was amazing.

But yeah. I'll be binging that.
[Reply]
keg in kc 02:23 PM 03-09-2017
I figure that they've done so well with everything on and off netflix (agents/carter/daredevil/JJ/LC) that even if it's a bit off like Luke Cage, it's still better than most anything else these days.
[Reply]
Gravedigger 04:02 PM 03-09-2017
Rotten Tomatoes has it at a 9% on 11 reviews. Not looking too promising.
[Reply]
keg in kc 04:03 PM 03-09-2017
I'm not sure how anything can be on RT yet. They only released 6 episodes on the screeners.

Let me rephrase that. I know how it's on RT, I just don't get how people are giving full reviews based on 60% of the show.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 11:26 AM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I'm not sure how anything can be on RT yet. They only released 6 episodes on the screeners.

Let me rephrase that. I know how it's on RT, I just don't get how people are giving full reviews based on 60% of the show.
Still, if critics watched 605 of the the show and 88% of them thought it sucked, that's a pretty bad sign. Critics have loved all the Netflix Marvel shows so far. Iron Fist might be suffering from some fatigue in regards to the mood and style that these shows share, but I am not expecting much based on this reception. We'll see I guess.
[Reply]
beach tribe 02:54 PM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
I figure that they've done so well with everything on and off netflix (agents/carter/daredevil/JJ/LC) that even if it's a bit off like Luke Cage, it's still better than most anything else these days.
Marvel has the deepest roster of great characters​ of any fictional universe there is.
Most of them with really good back stories.
[Reply]
Nickhead 03:55 PM 03-14-2017
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Still, if critics watched 605 of the the show and 88% of them thought it sucked, that's a pretty bad sign. Critics have loved all the Netflix Marvel shows so far. Iron Fist might be suffering from some fatigue in regards to the mood and style that these shows share, but I am not expecting much based on this reception. We'll see I guess.
you do realize the RT reviews: 11 people

not that i expect much from this show, 11 people do not make a majority :-)
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 04:52 PM 03-14-2017
It's tough to get excited about a show when you think the lead was a poor choice.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 10
< 123 4567 > Last »
Up