ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Media Center>Netflix: Iron Fist
keg in kc 04:06 PM 07-22-2016
In the defenders thread, but it'll need its own space too I figure...

How can all these different shows look so good?!?
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 10:25 PM 02-08-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Iron Fist just isn't really that interesting for me. It's the Batman story with a fancy glowing hand.
If they base it off the 2000s Iron Fist series, no it isn't like Batman except for the fact that they both use martial arts.
[Reply]
Rausch 08:17 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by GloucesterChief:
If they base it off the 2000s Iron Fist series, no it isn't like Batman except for the fact that they both use martial arts.
Exactly.

Fisty is more mystical/supernatural instead of detective/crime oriented.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 09:56 AM 02-09-2017
Batman meets Dr Strange.

Joy..
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:35 AM 02-09-2017
I'll watch it. Netflix hasn't made a bad Marvel series yet.

I like to pronounce it "Kah-Rah-Tay."
[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:38 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by Rausch:
Exactly.

Fisty is more mystical/supernatural instead of detective/crime oriented.

[Reply]
DJ's left nut 11:01 AM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by keg in kc:
That's really bad.

None of those 'strikes' look even remotely powerful. It looks faker than pro-wrestling.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 05:12 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
That's really bad.

None of those 'strikes' look even remotely powerful. It looks faker than pro-wrestling.
Eh, as someone who knows little about fighting choreography I thought it was pretty decent. Lazily written scene that's been done many times before and better, but I don't really expect better fight scenes than that in a television show. Usually they're smoothed out with heavy shadow and tight shots that obscure the action. I give props for degree of difficulty in comparison.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:17 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by kysirsoze:
Eh, as someone who knows little about fighting choreography I thought it was pretty decent. Lazily written scene that's been done many times before and better, but I don't really expect better fight scenes than that in a television show. Usually they're smoothed out with heavy shadow and tight shots that obscure the action. I give props for degree of difficulty in comparison.
When you compare that to the scenes in something like The Badlands, it's blown off the screen.

And these are equally little people (often women) who look like they're actually delivering a blow. It's damn impressive.

I don't know anything about fight choreography, I just know that looked like a person swatting flies and yet 250 lb men were flying across the screen. Like I said, it looked like bad wrestling.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 05:33 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Batman meets Dr Strange.

Joy..
More like Wuxia film set in NYC.
[Reply]
kysirsoze 05:34 PM 02-09-2017
Originally Posted by DJ's left nut:
When you compare that to the scenes in something like The Badlands, it's blown off the screen.

And these are equally little people (often women) who look like they're actually delivering a blow. It's damn impressive.

I don't know anything about fight choreography, I just know that looked like a person swatting flies and yet 250 lb men were flying across the screen. Like I said, it looked like bad wrestling.
Just watched a couple badlands fight scenes. Kinda hard to compare due to the stylized, Kill Bill meets Crouching Tiger style of violence, but I do see what you're getting at.
[Reply]
DJ's left nut 05:39 PM 02-09-2017
Just watched a couple badlands fight scenes. Kinda hard to compare due to the stylized, Kill Bill meets Crouching Tiger style of violence, but I do see what you're getting at.
Then I guess I'll go back to an earlier response - "it's a superhero show".

They aren't perfect comparisons, but we're not dealing in completely real world logic here so if it takes a little 'stylizing' to make the fight look like something with some nominal grasp on actual physics (or at least the whole 'force = mass*acceleration thing), then stylize it a bit.

That could've been much, much better.
[Reply]
Buehler445 07:55 AM 02-10-2017
It's certainly nothing like the Daredevil fights.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 09:48 AM 02-10-2017
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Batman meets Dr Strange.

Joy..
Sounds like fun to me.
[Reply]
Just Passin' By 12:22 PM 02-10-2017
Originally Posted by Deberg_1990:
Sorry, but a 100 pound girl would get her ass beat by two guys that size in real life.
In Hollywood, Grrrl power > laws of physics

That's even more obvious when you talk fantasy/superhero stuff
[Reply]
ThaVirus 01:07 PM 02-10-2017
All of this shit is unrealistic.

It's not like a 5'7" Tom Cruise would have a much better chance of doing the things he does on camera than these women do.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 10
< 12 3456 > Last »
Up