ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 51
< 123 456713 > Last »
Media Center>Ed Harris takes Top villain role in HBOs "Westworld" reboot
Deberg_1990 03:51 PM 08-11-2014
Sweet. Loved this film when I was a kid. It's ripe for a reboot.

Doesn't sound like he's playing the Yul Brenner role though

http://insidetv.ew.com/2014/08/11/ed-harris-westworld/

Image Credit: WireImage.com
Ed Harris is coming to series TV: The Abyss and Apollo 13 actor has signed on as the Big Bad in HBO’s Westworld reboot.
The four-time Oscar nominee’s character is called The Man in Black, and is described as “the distillation of pure villainy into one man.” He joins previously cast star — and fellow series television newcomer—Anthony Hopkins, along with Evan Rachel Wood, Jeffrey Wright, and Shannon Woodward.

The Warner Bros.-produced sci-fi pilot produced by J.J Abrams, Jerry Weintraub, and Bryan Burk updates Michael Crichton’s 1973 classic film about a theme park where androids fulfill dark human desires. Harris’ description might sound like he’s playing the Yul Brynner killer-cowboy robot role, but it seems like actor Rodrigo Santoro was tapped for that part—and online production rumors suggest The Man in Black is actually a human character who sadistically abuses the androids.

Harris will soon be seen the feature film Run All Night, starring opposite Liam Neeson and Joel Kinnaman. Harris won a Golden Globe and was nominated for an Emmy for his work in HBO’s Game Change.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 11:43 AM 09-05-2016
Originally Posted by Bowser:
I like the look of this. In for sure.

[Reply]
keg in kc 06:28 PM 09-13-2016

[Reply]
notorious 06:30 PM 09-13-2016
Deep stuff.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 12:06 AM 09-14-2016
Baby wants to fuck! Baby wants to Fuuuuucckkkkk!!!
[Reply]
Rausch 10:23 AM 09-15-2016
Looks much better than I thought it would...
[Reply]
unlurking 09:32 PM 10-02-2016
Great first episode. Loved the score too. Much better than tonight's shitty game.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 09:45 PM 10-02-2016
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Great first episode. Loved the score too. Much better than tonight's shitty game.
Stick with it. From what I understand it starts out very disorienting through the first half of the season. Like if you crossed Game of Thrones with Memento.

You gotta be observant and patient for the payoff.
[Reply]
unlurking 11:58 AM 10-03-2016
Oh yeah. So far, very cool. Good spin with the first newcomer. Caught me off guard. Hopkins is creepily awesome too. And the "speech" by the bandit at the end was hilarious.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:11 PM 10-03-2016
Really enjoyed the first episode. I don't remember the original movie so I'm not sure exactly what happens (not even sure if they are following the same script here or not), but I do look forward to seeing where this goes.
[Reply]
RINGLEADER 12:12 PM 10-03-2016
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Stick with it. From what I understand it starts out very disorienting through the first half of the season. Like if you crossed Game of Thrones with Memento.

You gotta be observant and patient for the payoff.
I think you're going to see a lot of twists -- especially when people you think are human end up being robots. The whole opening set that up nicely I thought.

And the hints at the depraved stuff going on in the deep desert sounds like this show is going to go down some very dark paths. Love it so far.
[Reply]
mnchiefsguy 12:15 PM 10-03-2016
Really enjoyed the first episode. It was bit slow, but I feel like it was being deliberate, and setting the parameters of their world and such. Nice setup for what is looking to be a great show.
[Reply]
Discuss Thrower 11:43 PM 10-03-2016
Holy shit. Awesome.

The usage of the player piano for some anachronistic jams was the tits -especially for the "cover" story.
[Reply]
unlurking 05:31 AM 10-04-2016
Yeah. I caught Black Hole Sun and Paint it Black, but that was in the second half of the show. I was tempted to go see what songs I didn't notice in the first half.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 06:06 AM 10-04-2016

Westworld reminds us of how like us robots could be https://t.co/ZCMvsPlYwC @ConversationEDU

— Phys.org Technology (@physorg_tech) October 4, 2016

[Reply]
mdchiefsfan 05:41 PM 10-05-2016
That was a great first episode. Nothing over the top, but plenty of questions I'll be curious to see play out. I'm hooked.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 51
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up