ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Media Center>Spielberg: Ready Player One trailer...
Deberg_1990 05:24 PM 07-22-2017
Pop culture overload....

[Reply]
patteeu 03:00 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Do me!! What did you call 'electronics are for adults' kids. Right there in the 80s with all its distractions, and splitting my time between bicycles, creeks and soccer balls during daylight, and at the library or on the couch with a book at night.

On the 'more engaged with society' side, we did go to the movies pretty darned regular, often the Crest Drive-In, so we got three movies at a go.

But I've never really had much of anything in terms of video games, remote control stuff, action figures, cartoon character toys, etc. More books, sports equipment, BMX stuff, Skateboard stuff, Tonka Trucks, Hot Wheels, etc.
Like many (most?) people my age who grew up in rural Missouri, I spent a lot of time outside. I still had plenty of time to play a video game at the local pizza place or make a trip into the suburbs for a movie. I didn't really call anyone outside people. That was just everyone I knew.
[Reply]
Baby Lee 03:07 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by patteeu:
Like many (most?) people my age who grew up in rural Missouri, I spent a lot of time outside. I still had plenty of time to play a video game at the local pizza place or make a trip into the suburbs for a movie. I didn't really call anyone outside people. That was just everyone I knew.
:-) :-) - the extent of my video game experience was going to Fun Factory at Bannister Mall with my report card for free tokens.

And then, since I had no practice I sucked balls at it and my tokens were gone in 5 minutes, so we switched to SkeeBall in subsequent semesters so we could at least redeem prizes.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 11:54 AM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by Rudy tossed tigger's salad:
Sorry, I played outside
So did I, and still needed something to do when the sun went down, and during the winter when the temp was well below 0.
[Reply]
Rudy tossed tigger's salad 12:38 PM 04-09-2018
Originally Posted by lawrenceRaider:
So did I, and still needed something to do when the sun went down, and during the winter when the temp was well below 0.
Sorry, I watched sports
[Reply]
patteeu 01:05 PM 04-09-2018
Sorry, I watched sports
We did our own sports. Often outside. In between video games and movies.
[Reply]
lawrenceRaider 02:15 PM 04-09-2018
Sorry, I watched sports
Right. Because in the 80's sports were available every night of the week, and during the days in the winter.
[Reply]
vailpass 02:18 PM 04-09-2018
Sorry, I watched sports
Laying under the sauna bench in the men's bathhouse doesn't count as sports viewing.
[Reply]
Bowser 05:39 PM 04-09-2018
Sorry, I watched sports
Cool story, bruh. Now piss off out of this thread.
[Reply]
Page 4 of 4
< 1234
Up