ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Nzoner's Game Room>Let's have an updated smart phone discussion
gblowfish 03:17 PM 07-14-2017
I'm about ready to take the plunge to update my phones. My phone is ancient (hey, I use it for a phone) but I'd like to update to a couple Iphone 6 or 7 models on an unlimited plan. How big a deal is the storage in an I-Phone? is 32GB generally enough if you primarily use it as a frickin' phone? I'd also like it to serve as a mobile wifi hot spot if possible.

I've only been paying Sprint about $95 a month for two lines. My wife does text but I don't. I do most of my internet stuff on my laptop or IPad, but would like to have internet access at places like Arrowhead on my phone.

So, who's currently got the best deal?

I know Verizon's customer data just got hacked.

I've been with Sprint for 20 years but would leave for a better deal. Certainly don't feel obligated to stay with them.

TMobile seems pretty decent. Two lines unlimited for $80 total.

Boost says they use Sprint's Network but looks like kind of like a cheezy back door kinda company.

Anybody got a plan or service currently that they love?
[Reply]
BWillie 03:59 PM 07-22-2017
I thought I was cheap
[Reply]
Beef Supreme 10:53 PM 07-22-2017
I'm still sucking hind tit on an iPhone 4s. But it is time. Going to have to decide if I stick with Apple or make the switch.
[Reply]
KCFalcon59 09:09 PM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
Do any of you guys use an IPhone 6? Anything good, bad or advice I should know about them?
I have the 6 Plus. Bought it when it came out. It's a really good phone. I have had no problems with it. I normally upgraded to the new iphone every year. But after getting this I was fine using it till now. I will probably upgrade this year with the new one that is coming out. But if I don't I think this one would be fine for another year or two.

Battery life has been pretty good. Get a good case and one of the glass screen protectors and it should last for a good while. I actually yanked mine off the nightstand this week and it scratched the glass protector on it. I've dropped it multiple times over the years and haven't scratched it until now. You will enjoy it I am sure.
[Reply]
Nickhead 09:15 PM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by KCFalcon59:
I have the 6 Plus. Bought it when it came out. It's a really good phone. I have had no problems with it. I normally upgraded to the new iphone every year. But after getting this I was fine using it till now. I will probably upgrade this year with the new one that is coming out. But if I don't I think this one would be fine for another year or two.

Battery life has been pretty good. Get a good case and one of the glass screen protectors and it should last for a good while. I actually yanked mine off the nightstand this week and it scratched the glass protector on it. I've dropped it multiple times over the years and haven't scratched it until now. You will enjoy it I am sure.
pretty much how i feel... i only got the six plus for the larger text and space. :-)
[Reply]
gblowfish 09:19 PM 07-23-2017
I'm supposed to get the phones tomorrow via Fed Ex, but won't power them up until around August 15th when my Sprint month winds down.
[Reply]
KCFalcon59 09:25 PM 07-23-2017
Originally Posted by Nickhead:
pretty much how i feel... i only got the six plus for the larger text and space. :-)
Yep. Me too. Eyes aren't doing as well as they have in the past.
[Reply]
Valiant 09:22 AM 07-24-2017
The key with sprint.

There are 2 types of stores. Corporate and franchise.
I know consumers do not care. But avoid franchise at all costs. They do not give a shit at those stores. They pander to the lowest common denominator, hence the description above.

As for deals, you will never get the same one as a existing customer. Carriers only care about new activations. It is dumb but that is the metric they love to use. Hence all the people in stores when you go now, they have the exact same stories about the other carriers.

If you want a deal on newer phones with your carrier you have to port out to a prepay flip phone and port back. I had to this when I worked for sprint. It is the least hassled way.
[Reply]
Page 5 of 5
< 12345
Up