ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 98 of 98
« First < 48889495969798
Nzoner's Game Room>MELLINGER: Should The Chiefs Move On From Smith?
OnTheWarpath15 12:35 PM 01-17-2017
Yep, another Alex Smith thread - but a solid and fair read from Sam Mellinger.

Originally Posted by :
The only way forward is through brutal honesty and realistic self-evaluation. No sport moves as quickly, or with such little empathy, as the NFL.

Only fools assume what happened in the past will continue to happen in the future, unless that assumption is “the Patriots will win every year from now until armageddon because Bill Belichick is an alien.”

And so it is that this particular group of Chiefs players and executives attempt to solve a puzzle that no group of Chiefs players and executives has solved since 1970, which is so long ago CBS erased the tape to save money:

Get to the Super Bowl.

And it’s hard to believe that will happen without addressing the quarterback situation.

This is not a call for the Chiefs to walk away from Alex Smith, even though this is the first offseason since his arrival in which they could do it without a fatal salary cap hit. This is a call for them to look, to try, to make sure they don’t have access to a better option — whether that’s Tony Romo in a trade, Deshaun Watson in the draft (which would almost certainly require a trade up), or anything else.
Read more here: http://www.kansascity.com/sports/spt...#storylink=cpy
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:19 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by dls6501:
There are posters who dont agree with this. Some people believe Mahomes will take a minimum of 2 years to learn.
There's like.....1 person on this entire forum that believes that. And i'm not sure that even he ACTUALLY believes that.
[Reply]
Bowser 12:24 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
There's like.....1 person on this entire forum that believes that. And i'm not sure that even he ACTUALLY believes that.
Bro, have you SEEN the pic of Alex training underwater? I have no idea how you don't believe it after seeing that pic for yourself.
[Reply]
TigeRRUppeRRcut 01:27 PM 07-25-2017
Barring injury this will be Smith's best year as a Chief. He's improved his QBR year after year...they would be dumb to start a kid who has no experience when he can wait one more year and Reid will still have time to attempt a run with Mahomes
[Reply]
007 02:19 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
This thread is from January....before anyone established that we were moving on.
I know. Its just the fact this thread is still active.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:37 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Barring injury this will be Smith's best year as a Chief. He's improved his QBR year after year...they would be dumb to start a kid who has no experience when he can wait one more year and Reid will still have time to attempt a run with Mahomes
It will be his worst and last year, and I shall revel in your suffering.
[Reply]
Ming the Merciless 05:43 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by TigerUppercut:
Barring injury this will be Smith's best year as a Chief.
so if it isn't...and smith performs as he has or worse....you will be calling for Mahomes to start? I mean after all, these are your words and your expectations here...
[Reply]
New World Order 05:56 PM 07-25-2017
Originally Posted by Pawnmower:
so if it isn't...and smith performs as he has or worse....you will be calling for Mahomes to start? I mean after all, these are your words and your expectations here...

If he's not Top 10 in qbr, he'll be banned.
[Reply]
threebag 09:39 AM 07-26-2017
Mahomes is going to have to "show me"
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 09:41 AM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by threebag02:
Meanwhile the current starter already showed us his ASS11.
[Reply]
Rasputin 09:56 AM 07-26-2017
If Mahomes II throws two touchdown passes in his first NFL game he will double what Alex Smith did his rookie year.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:05 AM 07-26-2017
He doesn't have to show you jack shit.

As soon as the NFL calendar allows after the 2017 season, your boyfriend's ass is on the train to Auschwitz-Clevelandnau, and Mahomes takes over his job, whether you think Mahomes is ready or not.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:39 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
He doesn't have to show you jack shit.

As soon as the NFL calendar allows after the 2017 season, your boyfriend's ass is on the train to Auschwitz-Clevelandnau, and Mahomes takes over his job, whether you think Mahomes is ready or not.
Motherfucking brilliant, and pass the Zyklon-B on down to the REST of the cocksuckers who pimp that chump.
[Reply]
RippedmyFlesh 05:53 PM 07-26-2017
He doesnt have to show you shit to wipe his ass let alone play qb.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 05:59 PM 07-26-2017
Originally Posted by RippedmyFlesh:
He doesnt have to show you shit to wipe his ass let alone play qb.
Smith already "showed him" how to cave like a scurred bitch under phantom pressure, as well as how to completely destroy any chance for success in the red zone.
[Reply]
Page 98 of 98
« First < 48889495969798
Up