ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Media Center>Netflix: The Defenders
keg in kc 03:47 PM 07-22-2016

That is all.
[Reply]
BigRedChief 08:28 AM 08-30-2017
I watched January Jones and really liked the series. Seemed to be a different take on a super hero. It worked. Best superhero series on TV I've seen.

Liked the Iron Fist at first then the damn whiny shit got so annoying that I struggled to finish the series.

Watched Lucas Cage about 1/2 way through and gave up. Nothing new there and he seems wooden to me.

Never watched Daredevil.

Defenders was okay. The whiny Iron Fist is so distracting from the really good and epic fights. Too many dumb decisions made by supposedly smart people.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 09:40 AM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:
I watched January Jones and really liked the series. Seemed to be a different take on a super hero. It worked. Best superhero series on TV I've seen.

Liked the Iron Fist at first then the damn whiny shit got so annoying that I struggled to finish the series.

Watched Lucas Cage about 1/2 way through and gave up. Nothing new there and he seems wooden to me.

Never watched Daredevil.

Defenders was okay. The whiny Iron Fist is so distracting from the really good and epic fights. Too many dumb decisions made by supposedly smart people.
Luke Cage is good but only for the surrounding characters. Cottonmouth, Mariah, Shades, and Bobby Fisch all carry the show.

Daredevil is excellent both seasons. Season 1 was stronger through and through than Season 2. Both D'Onfrio as Kingpin and Bernthal as Punisher were fantastic. Season 2 kinda drags when the Punisher storyline is just about wrapped up and you can certainly tell that the Hand Ninja master was a last minute rewrite for Bullseye.
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:50 AM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by BigRedChief:

Never watched Daredevil.

It's Jessica Jones. January Jones is a different but nonetheless hot chick :-)

You're missing the boat. Daredevil is the best of the bunch. Especially his scenes with Punisher in S2.
[Reply]
Buehler445 04:32 PM 08-30-2017
I caught this video and it made me feel better about the whole thing. Elektra is is superhuman now and saved him.

[Reply]
GloucesterChief 04:39 PM 08-30-2017
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I caught this video and it made me feel better about the whole thing. Elektra is is superhuman now and saved him.

and Bullseye will still kill her.
[Reply]
Fish 02:14 PM 08-31-2017
Man, I really wanted to like this show. I thought Daredevil was awesome. I liked Luke Cage a lot more than most. But there were so many flaws it was difficult to get through.

[Reply]
Pitt Gorilla 10:25 PM 08-31-2017
Originally Posted by Fish:
Man, I really wanted to like this show. I thought Daredevil was awesome. I liked Luke Cage a lot more than most. But there were so many flaws it was difficult to get through.
  • Danny Rand: Jesus, what a pussy. The weapon of K'un-Lun? No. Everything about him goes completely against what the Iron Fist is supposed to represent. He's erratic and over-emotional. He doesn't use his Iron Fist powers well at all. And when he does, the power of his glowing fist seems to range from blasting through concrete walls, steel doors, and knocking down everyone in front of him with a shockwave, down to knocking a normal bad guy thug off his feet. WTF?
  • Powers in general: Iron Fist, Cage, and Jones all have enough strength to canoe some thugs' heads with a single punch. Yet we're all kung fu fighting....
  • Bad Guys: For going up against powerful superheroes that are still susceptible to gunfire, these dipshits sure have a lack of guns. But many conveniently carry swords? Yeesh.
  • Evolving motivations: So Stick is somewhat of a leader of the group? Nope, now he's evil and wants to kill Iron Fist. Elektra going from confused amnesiac borderline redeemable, to brutally murdering Alexandra and taking over the Hand. Too many weird shifts like that.
  • Rand using his Iron Fist to break the seal: JFC.... Seriously? He even states "I know what you're trying to make me do." right before he powered up his fancy glowing hand and did exactly what she was trying to make him do. Uggghh.
  • Sigourney Weaver: Sucked. She moved around scenes like she had a carrot up her ass. Her lines were wooden and unconvincing. I was glad to see her finally killed off, I couldn't take much more.
  • Jessica Jones: Her whiny drunk attitude is annoying and forced. She comes off boring since she never really uses her powers outside of throwing a few guys across the room, and she can still be easily injured.
  • Ending with DD escaping: LOLWUT? Just stupid and unbelievable.
  • Camera work: Not sure if anyone else noticed, but the camera work seemed really shoddy in this. And that's usually not something I ever give a shit about. But it was very noticeable to me. In many static camera shots, there was still a great deal of camera wobble. Example would be Episode 1 @ 41:30. But it happens in every episode at various times. Just drove me nuts..
  • Cop Logic: Yeah.....
I don't follow things especially well, but I thought Stick wanted to kill Danny so that he couldn't be used as the key.
[Reply]
unlurking 10:09 AM 09-01-2017
Up to episode 5.

Originally Posted by Sowande:
You're the dumbest Iron Fist yet.
yup
[Reply]
cookster50 12:03 PM 09-02-2017
Can't argue with fish's post. Spot on. The most jarring was Electra's sudden switch. Also could see numerous times stunt doubles during iron fist fights.
[Reply]
NewChief 12:09 PM 09-02-2017
I like the series fine. Iron Fist is probably the main weak point for me, just because his Kung Fu is so weak. He should be the best fighter and be doing crazy crouching tiger, hidden dragon stuff.... but he is pretty much the weak link in a fight until his unreliable fist power shows up.
[Reply]
GloucesterChief 12:11 PM 09-02-2017
Originally Posted by unlurking:
Up to episode 5.

yup
Which is pretty funny coming from someone Cage beat the tar out of.
[Reply]
Sure-Oz 09:18 PM 10-04-2017
I enjoyed this but it wasn't perfect. Looking forward to Punisher then JJ, Luke Cage and IF seasons following until DD Season 3 I assume. Hopefully they get IF Season 2 on the right track.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 09:31 AM 10-26-2017
I enjoyed Daredevil, Jessica Jones, Luke Cage - never watched Iron Fist after the reviews it got. I'm struggling to get through this. I wanted to like it, but I find myself playing on my phone or paying attention to something else when I'm trying to watch this.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 6
« First < 23456
Up