ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 54 of 57
« First < 4445051525354 555657 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Marcus Peters also had verbal altercation with assistant coach Sunday
Tribal Warfare 12:59 PM 12-09-2017
http://amp.kansascity.com/sports/nfl...mpression=true

Chiefs cornerback Marcus Peters’ frustration following the Chiefs’ 38-31 loss to the New York Jets didn’t end immediately after the game, it appears.

According to a report by NFL Network’s Mike Garafalo, Peters also had a verbal altercation with an assistant coach on the bus during the team’s ride to airport following the game. The assistant coach was not named.

The Star reported Thursday that Peters’ suspension was related to his decision to leave the field prematurely following the flag toss. The club viewed that as a team issue, as opposed to the penalty flag toss, which it deemed a league issue that Peters was ultimately fined $24,409 for on Friday.

The NFL Network report cited Peters’ decision to leave the field as a reason for the one-game suspension coach Andy Reid levied on him earlier this week, with the verbal altercation also being a contributing factor.

The Chiefs still had a little over two minutes left to tie the game, and Peters returned to the sideline –– albeit with no socks –– as the offense made its last-gasp attempt. But the drive stalled out, and the Chiefs lost for the sixth time in seven games.

Peters’ suspension means the Oakland native will miss the Chiefs’ showdown Sunday against his hometown Raiders. He was not allowed to practice this week and will forfeit a game check.
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:02 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
From what I gathered there, all Terez was saying was that he didn’t see Peters being re-signed at the time of the suspension last year. He didn’t say anything along the lines of “Marcus doesn’t want to be in KC”...

A lot has changed since then.

I will say that Peters definitely seems like the type to hold out this Summer at training camp, as it is his first year that he can do so. He missed OTAs last year, so I’d say a holdout should be the expectation.

Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh....Lil' Chiefy goin' be mad as a muthafuckah'!!!

[Reply]
RunKC 10:10 PM 02-22-2018

Few things here:

1. Marcus Peters is insane at getting turnovers
2. Wish we could have kept Kurt Coleman.
3. Wish we could have signed Casey Heyward, especially at the deal he got.
4. IF these rumors are true and Peters does for some reason get traded, I’d go after Trumaine Johnson.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:13 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:
Few things here:

4. IF these rumors are true and Peters does for some reason get traded, I’d go after Trumaine Johnson.
5. We better not fucking trade Marcus Peters.
[Reply]
dlphg9 10:17 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by RunKC:

Few things here:

There are not rumors, just shit throwing. There is no substance to any of what that dipshit laconfora is saying.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 10:21 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
5. We better not ****ing trade Marcus Peters.
He is a cancer on the sidelines. This reminds me of a convo with friends about trading Jamal Charles right before he went down and being told I am crazy.

If Eric Berry or Derrick Johnson are not here to keep this young buck under control, get what you can. He is a lose cannon that CAN cost you games with his BS.

Just to make this clear, Jamal Charles was not a team cancer.
[Reply]
Hamwallet 10:23 PM 02-22-2018
We could get a very good second round pick.
[Reply]
pugsnotdrugs19 10:27 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by Hamwallet:
He is a cancer on the sidelines. This reminds me of a convo with friends about trading Jamal Charles right before he went down and being told I am crazy.

If Eric Berry or Derrick Johnson are not here to keep this young buck under control, get what you can. He is a lose cannon that CAN cost you games with his BS.

****ing ASININE.

Cancer? What? :-)

By all indications, his teammates love him. He’ll lose you games? Funny, maybe once in a blue moon. But he’ll damn sure win you a few too.

And that fact that you think a 2nd round pick is sufficient compensation for the best ballhawk in recent football history... just... wow.
[Reply]
RealSNR 10:31 PM 02-22-2018
I'd rather you get AIDS.
[Reply]
SAUTO 10:39 PM 02-22-2018
We invested the number 18 on him. He's outplayed that spot. Why would we take less?
[Reply]
Sweet Daddy Hate 10:51 PM 02-22-2018
Turds in my mouth, nom-nom-nom! Turds in my nose, yum-yum-yum!
[Reply]
dlphg9 11:37 PM 02-22-2018

You are such a retard
[Reply]
Willie Lanier 11:42 PM 02-22-2018

You clearly have a tenative grasp on the english language, because if what you actually posted is in fact how you see the dynamic of this situation, you're beyond saving...
[Reply]
Nickhead 11:48 PM 02-22-2018
Originally Posted by SAUTO:
We invested the number 18 on him. He's outplayed that spot. Why would we take less?
good point, if we did a redraft of his class, i am curious as to where he would rank now :-)
[Reply]
cdcox 12:14 AM 02-23-2018
Let's trade a pro-bowler in the prime of his career for a 2nd round pick! Because he kneels.
[Reply]
BossChief 12:39 AM 02-23-2018
Leads the nfl in turnovers since he was drafted
Opposing QBs have the lowest QB rating throwing at him in the league
He has made first or second team all pro every year in all 3 years he has played
We have a young stud QB that is going to score a ton of points and will force opposing QBs to throw the ball more than they want to
We just traded for an elite #2 CB to pair with him and Nelson was a top 5 nickel the year he played the slot.
He has 3 SUPER CHEAP years left on his deal (including the franchise tag)
He is the definition of “ultra competitive”

The fact so many of you want to trade him for a second round pick is crazy as ****.

The reasons:

He doesn’t stand for the anthem!! (Has nothing to do with football)

He isn’t good in run support!!! (Bullshit. The guy forces tons of fumbles and protects his body. I’d like a tad more willingness to hit, but even Deion Sanders didn’t tackle. What he does in coverage is invaluable.)

He loses his temper in games!!! (Every ultra competitive player does. He’s still very young and needs to mature a lot. I love his competitive spirit. When the offense is fun to watch -like it will be with Mahomes- I doubt very highly that Marcus has the same frustrations.

If/When this team wins a Super Bowl, Peters will play a huge role.
[Reply]
Page 54 of 57
« First < 4445051525354 555657 >
Up