ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 930 of 2693
« First < 430830880920926927928929930 931932933934940980103014301930 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>*****The Patrick Mahomes Thread*****
Dante84 07:19 PM 04-27-2017
IT ****ING HAPPENED

OP UPDATE:

Because of all the interest in this thread, I've place all of the video content of Patrick Mahomes II's college career, and draft day goodness into a single post that can be found here. Enjoy!
[Reply]
Priest31kc 07:35 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by PmCakes:
To a degree mahomes can get away with turnovers. It'll help having Kareem there to protect the rock at the rate he does and we should hope it continues.

New England has the fewest turnovers of any team over the last 10 years let's not act like he can be mistake prone and there won't be consequences...defenses tire out far quicker than offenses do relative to time spent on the field.
Dude. It's so fucking obvious that you're an Alexsexual masquerading as a Texas Tech and Mahomes fan.

Soooooooo obvious.
[Reply]
RealSNR 07:37 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Coogs:
You have to include the phantom INT's. They count too.

And then there was that day in camp about a month ago when he had those 3 INT's. You surely remember those? One came on an offsides penalty free down type of play. (Alex would have taken a knee and just accepted the 5 free yards, instead of taking the 5 free yards after the interception). One on a rollout where he could have just ran it in for a TD, but didn't want to because he had on the yellow jersey and the defense couldn't tackle him. And one where he called a play, and thought he had called a different play, and wasn't on the same page with his receivers.

He's a turnover machine.

Not saying you’re an Alex-only fan, but “phantom interceptions” sounds like a term those nut huggers would use to prop up their boy.

“You have to account for Alex’s hidden TDs as well as Mahomes and his phantom interceptions when comparing last year to this year!”
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 07:39 AM 08-30-2018
Coogs post is dripping in sarcasm, guys.
[Reply]
Marcellus 07:44 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
Not saying you’re an Alex-only fan, but “phantom interceptions” sounds like a term those nut huggers would use to prop up their boy.

“You have to account for Alex’s hidden TDs as well as Mahomes and his phantom interceptions when comparing last year to this year!”
Check your sarcasm meter dude.
[Reply]
bowener 07:52 AM 08-30-2018
I want to repost this clip that shows off the small things Pat does.

Too long we had to watch Alex kill any hope of YAC with his late throws. No chance in hell Alex ever throws that ball to Hill crossing behind Kelce and LBs.
[Reply]
Buckweath 07:52 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Coogs:
We will see, but I think Mahomes will be better for the defense than Smith was. Mahomes has a better chance to keep the chains moving by challenging the sticks, than just accepting a 5 yard gain on 3rd and 7 and punting. Moving the chains keeps the defense on the sidelines. That in turn makes the defense better/fresher.
I disagree. Smith was great at limiting turnovers which lead to the defense being in good position on the field most of the time. Smith was also a great game manager so the defense could be rested. A great game manager is a very good thing for a defense.
[Reply]
Marcellus 08:04 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by bowener:
I want to repost this clip that shows off the small things Pat does.

Too long we had to watch Alex kill any hope of YAC with his late throws. No chance in hell Alex ever throws that ball to Hill crossing behind Kelce and LBs.
OMG
[Reply]
O.city 08:06 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Buckweath:
I disagree. Smith was great at limiting turnovers which lead to the defense being in good position on the field most of the time. Smith was also a great game manager so the defense could be rested. A great game manager is a very good thing for a defense.
Counterpoint, scoring more points is good for a defense as well.
[Reply]
Halfcan 08:24 AM 08-30-2018
I am sure the Skins fans will love how well Alex sets up the punter. :-)
[Reply]
O.city 08:35 AM 08-30-2018
That's a nice little video there. That's awesome.

He's improved every game this preseason. That's all you want to see at this point.
[Reply]
O.city 08:37 AM 08-30-2018
Also, Cam Erving is going to get him killed. Jesus, man.

How fucking hard is it to find a LG that isn't asshole?
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:47 AM 08-30-2018
You know what else helps a defense? 3rd down conversions. Chiefs have been ranked between 13th -20th for Smiths tenure, with more seasons ending towards 20th.
[Reply]
staylor26 09:10 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by O.city:
Also, Cam Erving is going to get him killed. Jesus, man.

How ****ing hard is it to find a LG that isn't asshole?
Apparently very hard lol

I don’t know why they won’t just give Wylie a shot when LDT comes back.
[Reply]
O.city 09:12 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by staylor26:
Apparently very hard lol

I don’t know why they won’t just give Wylie a shot when LDT comes back.
Whoever else they've got, give them a shot.

Erving is just blatantly awful. Like, how the hell does he look that unathletic? It's just fucking crazy to me that they can't find an adequate LG.
[Reply]
PmCakes 09:13 AM 08-30-2018
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
OMG
Thank God for videos of this that show his progression attacking the middle of the field. It drives me nuts when people only praise Patty for the deep throws. If you can't slice and dice like Rodgers/Brady/Manning you can't reach the elite level
[Reply]
Page 930 of 2693
« First < 430830880920926927928929930 931932933934940980103014301930 > Last »
Up