ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitchell Schwartz has surgery
siberian khatru 10:10 AM 02-24-2021

Injury Update: I’m getting surgery today. I was hoping to recover enough to get back for playoffs/Super Bowl but that didn’t happen. It’s time to address the issue. The recovery process isn’t too long, which is nice. Looking forward to a healthy 2021! #Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/etGfSoCCd6

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) February 24, 2021

[Reply]
el borracho 11:36 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by RealSNR:
A boob job, I believe.
Smart move for an offensive lineman. Defensive Ends can no longer bull rush without risk of sexual assault, then off to jail at halftime.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 11:37 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
That's a lot of hoping. Fisher may never get his footwork and first step back to a level where he can get ahead of the edge.
No doubt. To me, plan A is plan on not having Fisher. If he makes it back...that's fantastic. He'll be one of the best backups in the league until he can take his job back. I don't suppose Trent will take a one year deal due to the salary cap situation? Also...Fisher, given his situation, is surely going to renegotiate his contract to help w/ the cap, right?
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:37 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by ghak99:
That's a lot of hoping. Fisher may never get his footwork and first step back to a level where he can get ahead of the edge.
JFC, what's with all of the "Gloom and Doom" about Fisher's recovery?

While he was a bit of an outlier, Terrell Suggs tore his Achilles in 2011 and was on the field in 5 months.

There is absolutely no reason at this point to assume the worst about Fisher's surgery and recovery.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:38 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
No doubt. To me, plan A is plan on not having Fisher. If he makes it back...that's fantastic. He'll be one of the best backups in the league until he can take his job back. I don't suppose Trent will take a one year deal due to the salary cap situation? Also...Fisher, given his situation, is surely going to renegotiate his contract to help w/ the cap, right?
Can you assume a little more?

:-)
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 11:41 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
It's difficult to make that determination without knowing the scope of the issue.

I had surgery for Spinal Stenosis and waiting would have only made it worse. But had it been a herniated disc or if I needed disc replacement, maybe I would have undergone intense physical therapy before going under the knife, or my case, laser, because the recovery time and rehab would have been far more difficult under those circumstances.

Whatever the case, it would be nice to see him return to form and play for a few more years.
Same here. I had a laminectomy and couldn't wait, did well after 8-10 weeks and feel great 2 years later.
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 11:42 AM 02-24-2021
Can you assume a little more?

:-)
They were questions, Dane...not assumptions. Care to give your thoughts on the questions?
[Reply]
O.city 11:45 AM 02-24-2021
It's difficult to make that determination without knowing the scope of the issue.

I had surgery for Spinal Stenosis and waiting would have only made it worse. But had it been a herniated disc or if I needed disc replacement, maybe I would have undergone intense physical therapy before going under the knife, or my case, laser, because the recovery time and rehab would have been far more difficult under those circumstances.

Whatever the case, it would be nice to see him return to form and play for a few more years.
My brother in law is 26 and was told he probably needs disc replacement or he could do therapy and strengthen other muscles to ease the issue. Was advised surgery at that point wasn't ideal.
[Reply]
stevieray 11:45 AM 02-24-2021
Good fortune to you, Mitch.

Hope it works out.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:48 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by dallaschiefsfan:
They were questions, Dane...not assumptions. Care to give your thoughts on the questions?
You're asking hypotheticals that no one can answer at this point in time.

The Chiefs don't have any cap space so it's highly unlikely they can sign Williams to one year deal.

I also find it highly unlikely that Fisher would willingly restructure his contract in such a way that the Chiefs could cut him without 2021's contractual salary but again, no one can answer these questions at this point in time.
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 11:52 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
My brother in law is 26 and was told he probably needs disc replacement or he could do therapy and strengthen other muscles to ease the issue. Was advised surgery at that point wasn't ideal.
I've had three friends in the past 3 years who were rear-ended in auto accidents that had titanium disc replacement in their necks. It's really tricky surgery because the easiest way to replace the discs is through the front of the neck but in doing so, vocal cords may be affected.

One of my friends opted to have the surgery through the back of the neck because he works in pharma sales and his voice is his life. The other two had the traditional surgery through the front.

Three years later, all continue to live with periodic pain but they had no choice in the matter to have titanium discs replacement because otherwise, they wouldn't be able to function at all.

I guess the bottom line is that if you're healthy and there's a good chance that surgery can be avoided, avoid it until it's absolutely necessary.
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:53 AM 02-24-2021
I said yesterday that I felt Schwartz would be back.

This seems to confirm it.

A lot of people are going to be really unhappy this offseason.
[Reply]
ghak99 11:54 AM 02-24-2021
JFC, what's with all of the "Gloom and Doom" about Fisher's recovery?

While he was a bit of an outlier, Terrell Suggs tore his Achilles in 2011 and was on the field in 5 months.

There is absolutely no reason at this point to assume the worst about Fisher's surgery and recovery.
It's not really doom and gloom. It just is what it is. Some people come back pretty well and others have obviously lost a step or two.

You can even add in the rumors that Fish was done after this contract unless the Chiefs really really needed him back. We don't know where his head is at or how his body will respond. If I'm Veech, he has to be looked at as not even being an option. If he becomes one, great, but they have to be prepared for the worst.

Whatever they do, in Veach I trust.
[Reply]
In58men 11:56 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
I said yesterday that I felt Schwartz would be back.

This seems to confirm it.

A lot of people are going to be really unhappy this offseason.
Which doesn’t make any fucking sense lol
[Reply]
htismaqe 11:58 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Which doesn’t make any fucking sense lol
What? People being unhappy about offseason moves?

It's an annual CP tradition. Even with winning a Super Bowl, it only held of the bitching for so long.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 12:01 PM 02-24-2021
By keeping Fisher and Schwartz we will have no money to spend in Free Agency so you can kiss Linsley goodbye
[Reply]
Page 6 of 15
« First < 23456 78910 > Last »
Up