ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Mitchell Schwartz has surgery
siberian khatru 10:10 AM 02-24-2021

Injury Update: I’m getting surgery today. I was hoping to recover enough to get back for playoffs/Super Bowl but that didn’t happen. It’s time to address the issue. The recovery process isn’t too long, which is nice. Looking forward to a healthy 2021! #Chiefs #ChiefsKingdom pic.twitter.com/etGfSoCCd6

— Mitchell Schwartz (@MitchSchwartz71) February 24, 2021

[Reply]
In58men 10:29 AM 02-24-2021
Damn, this message board really does go into full panic mode.

He’ll be back and he’ll be healthy.
[Reply]
In58men 10:29 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
This is a great development. I don’t blame him for waiting if he thought he might be able to play.

But to have RT answered would be excellent. Surgery is the best hope for a healthy 2021 season.
I appreciate you, man.
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 10:30 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by In58men:
Holding out for hope because we needed him. Surgery would be definite IR. Either way lose lose. Not a big deal that they waited to me.
That "holding out for hope" led to the Chiefs relying on Andrew Wylie as the primary back-up at RT (to Remmers) and him starting at RT in the Super Bowl.

If the Chiefs would have recognized the season ending nature of Schwartz's injury earlier in the season (his last game/football activity was in early October), there was still time for the Chiefs to add RT depth during the season.

I am not suggesting the Chiefs were going to find a Pro Bowl RT to acquire midseason, but they could have added a better option than the worst offensive lineman in NFL history (Andrew Wylie).
[Reply]
O.city 10:30 AM 02-24-2021
I'm sure anyone here would be quick to have surgery on their back if there was a chance it would get better without surgery?
[Reply]
dallaschiefsfan 10:30 AM 02-24-2021
When it comes to a man's health, football is not the priority. Like any smart individual should/would do, you give it all the time you can and see if it can be re-habed. Sounds like that is what he's done. Surgery is always the last option - EVEN a minor surgery that has a quick recovery. I'm glad it's happening, but do not understand all the rage over the timing of his surgery. It's his life and his body.
[Reply]
wachashi 10:31 AM 02-24-2021
This is good news overall. "The recovery process isn't too long" - there's a pretty good indication right there as to why they may not have been in a hurry to have surgery.
[Reply]
BossChief 10:31 AM 02-24-2021
If he returns healthy, that’s HUGE...but linemen with back issues...that’s rarely the case.

It does bother me that this surgery didn’t happen a month ago, at the latest.
[Reply]
Sassy Squatch 10:32 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by pugsnotdrugs19:
This is a great development. I don’t blame him for waiting if he thought he might be able to play.

But to have RT answered would be excellent. Surgery is the best hope for a healthy 2021 season.
Back surgery for an OL on the wrong side of 30? 'great' is not the word I'd use there.
[Reply]
Easy 6 10:32 AM 02-24-2021
Its great that he still wants to give it a go, but we still need a solid plan B in place
[Reply]
staylor26 10:34 AM 02-24-2021
JFC guys move on.

2020-2021 is over and this is possibly some very good news for 2021-2022.
[Reply]
In58men 10:34 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:
That "holding out for hope" led to the Chiefs relying on Andrew Wylie as the primary back-up at RT (to Remmers) and him starting at RT in the Super Bowl.

If the Chiefs would have recognized the season ending nature of Schwartz's injury earlier in the season (his last game/football activity was in early October), there was still time for the Chiefs to add RT depth during the season.

I am not suggesting the Chiefs were going to find a Pro Bowl RT to acquire midseason, but they could have added a better option than the worst offensive lineman in NFL history (Andrew Wylie).
We won’t know their thought process or what info they had at the time. There’s a lot that goes on behind closed doors we don’t see, so that’s why I don’t freak out. Yes, the line was terrible but let’s not forget that drop passes we had. We made mistakes that had nothing to with Andrew lol.
[Reply]
RunKC 10:34 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by BossChief:
Has Fisher had his Achilles surgery yet?
This is what I’m wondering. The guy got injured almost 4 weeks ago and time is of the essence with him.

This guy should have had surgery back in January
[Reply]
staylor26 10:34 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Its great that he still wants to give it a go, but we still need a solid plan B in place
We already do. Lucas Niang.
[Reply]
IowaHawkeyeChief 10:35 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by KCChiefsFan88:

I don't think its that complicated. He probably has a disc protrusion, these can get better with spinal injections and time. It's best to avoid surgery if at all possible. The Chiefs most likely knew he wasn't going to be available, so this didn't likely affect Veach's thought process. He is having the surgery now and most likely this is plenty of time to be ready to go for camp this summer...
[Reply]
In58men 10:35 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Superturtle:
Back surgery for an OL on the wrong side of 30? 'great' is not the word I'd use there.
It’s the fact that it is not a major back surgery and recovery time seems to be reasonable for a healthy return week 1. Seems great to me, best case scenario.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 15
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up