ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Report: Tiger Woods injured in Car Crash
Dante84 01:19 PM 02-23-2021

#BREAKING Agency at scene say @TigerWoods was injured in crash in Ranchos Palos Verdes at Hawthorne Blvd near Blackhorse Rd. Fire crews had to use jaws of life to get him out of vehicle. @KFIAM640 @FOXSports @AM570LASports @espn @TMZ_Sports

— stevengregory (@stevengregory) February 23, 2021

Now confirmed:

This morning @LMTLASD responded to a roll-over collision in which @TigerWoods was injured. Please see our statement... pic.twitter.com/cSWOxKZC1w

— LA County Sheriffs (@LASDHQ) February 23, 2021

Here’s Tiger Woods’ car. pic.twitter.com/kN5hzoNQud

— Chris Vannini �� (@ChrisVannini) February 23, 2021

[Reply]
ModSocks 12:42 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by DaneMcCloud:
According to LAPD, this is exactly what they believe occurred and the vehicle rolled several hundred feet.

The dude is lucky to be alive.
Probably texting....or trying to find that new Meg Thee Stallion track on spotify....

Seriously though, i feel like these medians and curbs on these CA hwys do more harm than good.

Those are generally 45-55mph lanes that people drive 65 on. They stop paying attention, clip a wheel on that curb and the car becomes an airplane.
[Reply]
BWillie 12:48 PM 02-24-2021
I'm super bummed out about this. The reason I started golfing was because of Tiger Woods when I was a teenager. While I used to be a much bigger fan, I still root for him and appreciate his amazing talent. This is just so sad. It's pretty appalling how people keep doing the blame game. Sure, nobody else caused the accident but this happens to many normal folk all the time and from the sound of it this is a precarious downhill winding road that residents in the area say can be dangerous.

There is no reason to suspect alcohol or impairment based on the information we've been given. This is just a really sad turn of events. I hope Tiger can compete again, but even if he can I doubt he will ever be at the form to be able to win a major.
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:51 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by BWillie:
It's pretty appalling how people keep doing the blame game. Sure, nobody else caused the accident but this happens to many normal folk all the time and from the sound of it this is a precarious downhill winding road that residents in the area say can be dangerous.
Well...it's a single car rollover. That only happens if there's user error. Had he been doing what he shoulda been, this doesn't happen.

It's not appalling to try to understand what happened, which of course means finding fault.

In this case, it's Tiger's fault.
[Reply]
Mennonite 12:54 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Detoxing:
Well...it's a single car rollover. That only happens if there's user error. Had he been doing what he shoulda been, this doesn't happen.

It's not appalling to try to understand what happened, which of course means finding fault.

Exactly. That's why I reserve my pity only for those people struck down by improbable acts of God and who are totally free of sin or stupidity.
[Reply]
BWillie 01:05 PM 02-24-2021

Of course. It goes without saying though.
[Reply]
KINGPIN CHIEFS FAN 01:13 PM 02-24-2021
Tiger says the last thing he remembers is seeing this huge Golden Bear standing in the middle of the road as he was approaching the turn and the next thing he knows he's flipping through the air! Jack Nicklaus smiles!
[Reply]
RedRaider56 06:59 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I used to speed all the time. All the time. One day it dawned on me that I never got there faster and it cost me thousands of dollars over the years.

I just don't speed anymore, ever.

Same. I drive about 5 mph over but that is it, unless passing another vehicle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
[Reply]
FloridaMan88 07:06 PM 02-24-2021
JFC it is being reported there were 13 previous accidents during the past year (including injury accidents) on that stretch of road where Tiger’s crash occurred and they are just now doing a traffic study for the road?
[Reply]
DeepPurple 09:58 PM 02-24-2021
This question is for the Golfers.

What kind of woods don't drive straight?

Tiger Woods.
[Reply]
Rain Man 10:04 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by eDave:
I used to speed all the time. All the time. One day it dawned on me that I never got there faster and it cost me thousands of dollars over the years.

I just don't speed anymore, ever.
The thing about speeding is that it makes every other bad thing worse. It makes you more likely to have a wreck and it makes the wreck worse. If you're not wearing a seat belt, it makes you more likely to be seriously hurt. If you're drinking or texting or drugged, it makes you more likely to be in a one-car wreck. Speeding adds risk in all sorts of ways.
[Reply]
The Franchise 10:21 PM 02-24-2021
Probably texting....or trying to find that new Meg Thee Stallion track on spotify....

Seriously though, i feel like these medians and curbs on these CA hwys do more harm than good.

Those are generally 45-55mph lanes that people drive 65 on. They stop paying attention, clip a wheel on that curb and the car becomes an airplane.
Craziest wreck that I saw back in Cali was a car full of 20 year olds that were drunk and high while on the freeway. Lost control and crossed into the median. Unfortunately it was an area that had nothing stopping them and it went up a hill. They launched off the top and landed the front of the car right into the windshield of a lady in her 40s. Obviously killed her instantly.
[Reply]
FAX 10:22 PM 02-24-2021
I feel very fortunate to be alive and relatively intact.

FAX
[Reply]
stevieray 11:03 PM 02-24-2021

I drive home on a two lane highway. I'm usually in the right lane and eleventy billion people are in the left lane all doing 80 plus tail gaiting each other trying to be first, stuck behind the lead car who won't give up the lane. If the majority of those people lost control at that speed, they'd die and probably take others with them.

People drive stupid nowadays. You only have to be going too fast for the wrong conditions, that could be a measly forty miles an hour.
[Reply]
Chiefshrink 08:13 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by stevieray:
I drive home on a two lane highway. I'm usually in the right lane and eleventy billion people are in the left lane all doing 80 plus tail gaiting each other trying to be first, stuck behind the lead car who won't give up the lane. If the majority of those people lost control at that speed, they'd die and probably take others with them.

People drive stupid nowadays. You only have to be going too fast for the wrong conditions, that could be a measly forty miles an hour.
You are SPOT ON !! Most car accident deaths occur between 40-45 mph.:-)
[Reply]
ThaVirus 08:31 PM 02-25-2021
I'm a speeder myself. I accelerate slowly and generally drive defensively, but I'll usually top out at 10ish mph above the speed limit.

It's really difficult to get into a car accident if you're actually paying attention.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 12
« First < 34567 891011 > Last »
Up