ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>OU footballer picks bar fight. (With an MMA dude)
Prison Bitch 12:31 PM 02-23-2021

OU football player Spencer Jones picked a fight against a guy with a decade of MMA training at an OU bar this past weekend.

It didn’t end well for him and he almost lost his eye. He is currently recovering from eye surgery. pic.twitter.com/OuvgyppljM

— Unnecessary Roughness (@UnnecRoughness) February 22, 2021

[Reply]
Dayze 02:18 PM 02-23-2021
I love the slow play, all calm; little distraction slap, then DOINK...it's on.
:-)

my old man always said, be careful if you ever end up in some shit where the other guy is perfectly calm. because they're either passive/peaceful, know what they're doing, or crazy.
[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:20 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Great Expectations:
It looks like his buddy started the fight with a shove unbeknownst to Jones until he got tattooed.
It's also a good lesson in which buddies to hang with out in public.

One of my friends from high school is a ton of fun, but I can't hang out with him in public places anymore. He just doesn't know his limit when it comes to booze. Also sneaks extra drinks at the bartop when we're all at a table, that sort of thing. Me and a mutual friend could usually get him out of situations by putting hands on his shoulders and what not. He's a big guy, which usually causes the other party to back down.

...Until one time he got into it with a dude who had three friends pop-up and they were ready to throw down. It was very clear to me the four dudes from the other party would have smashed the three of us. My other friend and I basically had to carry our friend out of there and the other party followed us wanting to throw punches. It was very likely my friend who caused the situation so there's not much you can really do. Realized at that moment that hanging out with him in public like that really was a liability for me (5'10, 170 lb dude) and I needed to be smarter about it (as much as I like the dude when he's not liquored up).
[Reply]
BWillie 02:21 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Prison Bitch:
So many people don't understand that being good at fighting is 90% acquired skill. When I was in college I saw something exactly similar. Iowa football player talking shit to a 160 lbs MMA guy, eventually MMA guy just took him out. He was a 230 lbs linebacker and still not really a match. Subdued quite easily. Perhaps if the guy was 300 lbs o-lineman things would have been different though. I'm sure the Iowa linebacker was way more athletic and stronger, but without the proper training he's going to get his ass kicked at fighting.
[Reply]
wazu 02:23 PM 02-23-2021
Just have to wonder what the hell led up to this? So many dudes crammed into a bathroom and having enough interaction to actually get into a brawl. Looks like the shorter guy does already have a bloody nose when the video starts, then asks his friend "which one do you want"?
[Reply]
Dayze 02:26 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by wazu:
Just have to wonder what the hell led up to this? So many dudes crammed into a bathroom and having enough interaction to actually get into a brawl. Looks like the shorter guy does already have a bloody nose when the video starts, then asks his friend "which one do you want"?
:-)

oh wow, I hadn't picked up on that.
"Which one you want".

Lol.
that shoulda been Football players first pre-snap read about the situation.
[Reply]
Dayze 02:34 PM 02-23-2021
dude holding the phone sounds like Lil Kev from IASIP.

[Reply]
Chiefspants 02:40 PM 02-23-2021

Via @jgrteam1 pic.twitter.com/c2zNPRqWkB

— Unnecessary Roughness (@UnnecRoughness) February 22, 2021

[Reply]
DanBecky 02:44 PM 02-23-2021
Always check for cauliflower ear. Always.
[Reply]
Rain Man 02:49 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by DanBecky:
That may be the best advice I've ever heard.
[Reply]
Dayze 03:01 PM 02-23-2021
Correct.

and if you're still so inclined to engage, you'd better make your shot count and avoid going to the ground.
[Reply]
Otter 03:09 PM 02-23-2021
If that dude wouldn't have been in the way at 17 seconds into the video to unknowingly block that first takedown there's a good chance the OU guy might have been looking at more serious injuries. I can't imagine that bathroom floor is an easy landing on the neck and head with all that combined weight.
[Reply]
Pants 03:13 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
I'm guessing concussion from the head slam into the concrete wall along with whatever damage the repeated punches did.

That's a good point. The beatdown didn't stop when the video stopped. Who knows how much more damage those big boys took.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:19 PM 02-23-2021
You could tell the MMA guy was asking his friend if he should let it loose or not. They kept pushing him though. Not a good move.
[Reply]
AdolfOliverBush 03:20 PM 02-23-2021
Silver lining: There's no way the OU player had very many teeth to lose.
[Reply]
KChiefs1 03:20 PM 02-23-2021
First rule of fights in the midlands...Missouri, Iowa, Nebraska & Oklahoma.
[Reply]
Page 3 of 16
< 123 456713 > Last »
Up