ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>OU footballer picks bar fight. (With an MMA dude)
Prison Bitch 12:31 PM 02-23-2021

OU football player Spencer Jones picked a fight against a guy with a decade of MMA training at an OU bar this past weekend.

It didn’t end well for him and he almost lost his eye. He is currently recovering from eye surgery. pic.twitter.com/OuvgyppljM

— Unnecessary Roughness (@UnnecRoughness) February 22, 2021

[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:49 PM 02-24-2021
Those punches seemed a little weak. Looked like a typical drunk dude squabble to me, nothing all that impressive.

If you ever find yourself rolling around grappling another dude on a pissy bathroom floor, you've both already lost.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 03:54 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Chiefspants:
It's also a good lesson in which buddies to hang with out in public.

One of my friends from high school is a ton of fun, but I can't hang out with him in public places anymore. He just doesn't know his limit when it comes to booze. Also sneaks extra drinks at the bartop when we're all at a table, that sort of thing. Me and a mutual friend could usually get him out of situations by putting hands on his shoulders and what not. He's a big guy, which usually causes the other party to back down.

...Until one time he got into it with a dude who had three friends pop-up and they were ready to throw down. It was very clear to me the four dudes from the other party would have smashed the three of us. My other friend and I basically had to carry our friend out of there and the other party followed us wanting to throw punches. It was very likely my friend who caused the situation so there's not much you can really do. Realized at that moment that hanging out with him in public like that really was a liability for me (5'10, 170 lb dude) and I needed to be smarter about it (as much as I like the dude when he's not liquored up).
Back in my college days when I'd go clubbing three nights a week, my main wingman was that type of guy. He'd get a few drinks in him and suddenly he's fucking Connor Mcgregor. I almost got into so many fights with that fucker. Thankfully, in my experience anyway, most people don't truly want to fight. Just grab your friend and shove him away or tell the other dude/s "he's wasted, just walk away" and most times you walk away clean.

I think it helped that we were both little dudes. My bud was probably 5'8 175. I'm 5'10" and was much younger so I was probably in the 150 range at that time. I think most dudes realize you don't get any points for fighting a little guy. Either you win and congrats, you just beat up the small guy or you lose and you just got beat up by the small guy :-)
[Reply]
Pants 04:09 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by ThaVirus:
Those punches seemed a little weak. Looked like a typical drunk dude squabble to me, nothing all that impressive.
LOL No
[Reply]
Shields68 04:17 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
The camera doesn't quite show it all, but it looks like dude smacks him with his left hand before punching him with his right at the very start

Am I seeing that wrong?

Some kind of distraction so Jones wouldn't be looking for his right?
The first looks more off an attempt to wipe blood from his nose on the guy. The second looks like a good punch mostly arm, not any body that does not really connect. Looks like he wanted him on the ground and wraps him up right away.
[Reply]
Easy 6 04:20 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
The first looks more off an attempt to wipe blood from his nose on the guy. The second looks like a good punch that does not really connect.
Yeah thats what I'm seeing, just wanted to know if I was the only one

Disagree on the second part though, he caught Jones right in his eyehole with that opening shot... but I don't think its the one that broke his socket
[Reply]
Shields68 04:36 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Easy 6:
Yeah thats what I'm seeing, just wanted to know if I was the only one

Disagree on the second part though, he caught Jones right in his eyehole with that opening shot... but I don't think its the one that broke his socket
Guess I am saying it did not connect in that an overhand right that connects should drop the guy, stagger him... Guess looking at it if it makes contact with the eye it served a purpose and allowed him to get him to the ground...
[Reply]
Pants 04:38 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Shields68:
Guess I am saying it did not connect in that an overhand right that connects should drop the guy, stagger him... Guess looking at it if it makes contact with the eye it served a purpose and allowed him to get him to the ground...
There's a significant size difference. Hard to stagger someone that much bigger just punching the face. You would have to hit them right on the chin for the legs to go or like behind the ear to make them dizzy, I guess.
[Reply]
Marcellus 04:44 PM 02-24-2021

If you ever find yourself rolling around grappling another dude on a pissy bathroom floor, you've both already lost.
Dude had reconstructive surgery on his orbital socket and almost lost his eye from those sissy punches.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:03 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Marcellus:
Dude had reconstructive surgery on his orbital socket and almost lost his eye from those sissy punches.
For the record, I was specifically referencing the first couple before it goes to the ground. I'm not sure the first two even connected with the douche's eye. In fact, after watching it again I'd say it's likely the socket was broken either going to or on the ground.
[Reply]
Pants 05:10 PM 02-24-2021
For the record, I was specifically referencing the first couple before it goes to the ground. I'm not sure the first two even connected with the douche's eye. In fact, after watching it again I'd say it's likely the socket was broken either going to or on the ground.
You thought those punches looked like a typical "drunk squabble" and were not "that impressive." LOL Come on, dude.

Let me give you a piece of advice. If someone throws a punch like that at you, turn around and run.
[Reply]
ThaVirus 05:22 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
You thought those punches looked like a typical "drunk squabble" and were not "that impressive." LOL Come on, dude.

Let me give you a piece of advice. If someone throws a punch like that at you, turn around and run.
Yes. I've seen many fights like this one, online and in person.

I'm not saying the guy's a pussy. I'm just saying those first two punches were nothing special.
[Reply]
T-post Tom 05:31 PM 02-24-2021
MMA guy was aptly wearing some unapologetic shit-kickers. The latent gay guy in the blue coat was out when he hit the floor/wall. Extra punches from his top seemed unnecessary. He looked to get the worst of it with all those unblocked punches.
[Reply]
BigCatDaddy 05:36 PM 02-24-2021
This is why I frequent Chiefsplanet. In just one day I learned how to become an elite MMA fighter and how aliens manipulate space/time to travel here.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 07:58 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by BigCatDaddy:
This is why I frequent Chiefsplanet. In just one day I learned how to become an elite MMA fighter and how aliens manipulate space/time to travel here.
Don’t forget about all the great medical advice on Achilles injuries.

We truly have it all here . . . . .
[Reply]
BigBeauford 08:06 PM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by mac459:
Taking it to the ground is the best opportunity to completely control the fight, standing up leaves the chance for a lucky haymaker getting through. The chances of something like that happening on the ground go even lower, you want the highest chance of success in a fight.

It’s amazing to me how people think standing and fighting is the most effective way to do it. A street fight isn’t a boxing match, get whoever is across from you on the ground, control them and **** them up if you need to. Your goal is to stop the threat and limit the damage to yourself, standing keeps those risks higher
Hello fellow combatives level 1 participant!
[Reply]
Page 11 of 16
« First < 7891011 12131415 > Last »
Up