carcosa 12:12 AM 02-23-2021
Holy shit this looks good as hell can't wait til it goes national

https://www.cnn.com/2021/02/22/busin...aco/index.html

Yum!
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:35 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Baby Lee:
Wish fish tacos returned to popularity.

I know I can find them at upscale restaurants, but StL used to have a chain that had the best fish tacos, then the owners got in a squabble and closed all their stores.

Nobody 'convenient' or 'chain' picked up the slack.

The craving is substantial enough I occasionally daydream about filling the market vacancy with a couple small fish taco joints.

Jose Peppers back home in KC has decent, so I just make sure to enjoy some whenever I visit.
Fish taco's are where it's at and are very popular here. You just have to make sure you ask what kind of fish they use. A lot of places will use tilapia :-)

The best places use Grouper or Mahi Mahi
[Reply]
FlaChief58 09:37 AM 02-23-2021
I haven't been to taco bell in years, this may get me to come back. Once anyway
[Reply]
Fish 09:42 AM 02-23-2021
Looks like one of those items that looks decent in the marketing promo, but in person it's just complete disappointment. The crunchy tortilla chip coating sounds suspicious too...
[Reply]
wazu 09:44 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Looks like one of those items that looks decent in the marketing promo, but in person it's just complete disappointment. The crunchy tortilla chip coating sounds suspicious too...
That's the key. From the photo it looks like a chalupa type thing, which would work great. If it actually is crunchy that might be weird.
[Reply]
alpha_omega 09:58 AM 02-23-2021
No thanks. Since the disappearance of the Mexican Pizza, TB is dead to me.
[Reply]
ptlyon 10:19 AM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by alpha_omega:
No thanks. Since the disappearance of the Mexican Pizza, TB is dead to me.
That definitely pissed me off. Made a trip before that went away, and haven't been back. They're not dead to me though.

As a reminder, the chili cheese burrito is where it's at. Have them add sour cream as well if that's your thing. I'm hungry for them now.

As a warning, they are *not* car food.
[Reply]
KCUnited 10:39 AM 02-23-2021
Feel I'm always disappointed with their chalupa wraps. They seem stale and raw but that could be a location variance specific to the one near me.

I'm also leery of the slide factor when there's one solid piece of meat with a layer of sauce between it and the wrap. Like is that thing going to torpedo out the back on first bite? Am I going to have to strategically rotate it and eat it down from both sides to the middle?

All I know is that I'm game to find out!
[Reply]
KChiefs1 10:41 AM 02-23-2021
Dammit!

Now I'm craving Taco Hell.
[Reply]
Kman34 11:55 AM 02-23-2021
Damm It!!!! I just started a diet..
[Reply]
Bowser 12:00 PM 02-23-2021
Crotcho Smell
[Reply]
DaneMcCloud 12:26 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Red Snapper from the Sea of Cortez for the win
[Reply]
RockChalk 01:09 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
“Are you sober enough to take me to Taco Bell?”
:-)
[Reply]
Bowser 01:12 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
“Are you sober enough to take me to Taco Bell?”
1992 was a fun year, lol
[Reply]
Bob Dole 01:30 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
Fish taco's are where it's at and are very popular here. You just have to make sure you ask what kind of fish they use. A lot of places will use tilapia :-)

I’ve got a place here that uses that fake catfish fish, but they’re only $2 on Tuesday.
[Reply]
carcosa 01:40 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Fish:
Ya gotta belief!!!!
[Reply]
Page 2 of 6
< 12 3456 >
Up