ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 7 of 38
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>JJ Watt released
Sure-Oz 08:48 AM 02-12-2021
@RapSheet: The #Texans are releasing star JJ Watt, source said.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 12:03 PM 02-12-2021
How is the KC Chiefs not the Texans' boogeyman? I doubt he would come here
[Reply]
Hoover 12:03 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
He's versatile. Can play inside and outside. Spags is all about that.

Sign him and Carl Lawson.
Lawson is a great idea.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:04 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by notorious:
Just say no to expensive broke-dicks.

I love Watts attitude, and I have a lot of respect for his he approaches things.

No.
Well first of all, he's played in all 16 games twice in the last 3 seasons.

Second, nobody wants to sign him if he's "expensive". If he'll take a team-friendly deal, he's the kind of piece that helps you win a championship and a guy that honestly deserves a ring after everything he's been through in Houston.
[Reply]
Hammock Parties 12:05 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
He played DE in a 3 front, not in a 4 front.

And I'm not saying he can't ever play DE, I'm saying he wouldn't be a 3-down DE.
There are tons of examples of him playing out wide in 4-man fronts.

He could absolutely be a 3-down DE here.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:06 PM 02-12-2021
If they can find a way to bring in a guy like Watt on the defense and shore up the offensive line, this team wins another Super Bowl. It's that simple.

You don't get guys with both his skills AND his intangibles every day. He's a leader and an example.

He'd be a boss in this defense, no doubt about it.
[Reply]
TEX 12:08 PM 02-12-2021
If they can find a way to bring in a guy like Watt on the defense and shore up the offensive line, this team wins another Super Bowl. It's that simple.

You don't get guys with both his skills AND his intangibles every day. He's a leader and an example.

Yep... And JJ can STILL play. He was pretty much the only one who played consistently well on that defense last year.
[Reply]
The Franchise 12:10 PM 02-12-2021

It’s just a matter of if he wants to come here and for how much.
[Reply]
staylor26 12:11 PM 02-12-2021
I’m all for it, but I think it’s highly unlikely.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:12 PM 02-12-2021

His always full speed attitude would be a plus for Jones and Clark as well. It could push them to bring their all more often.
[Reply]
htismaqe 12:12 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by penguinz:
His always full speed attitude would be a plus for Jones and Clark as well. It could push them to bring their all more often.
Yep.

He'd be like Suggs last year, only better.
[Reply]
gblowfish 12:16 PM 02-12-2021
He's got issues with Fisher. Don't know if he'd want to come here. I think he'll go to either Green Bay or Chicago. Bet he gets out of the AFC.
[Reply]
Dunerdr 12:17 PM 02-12-2021
I'd bring him in as a situational guy like we did Suggs. Obviously the money has to be right.
[Reply]
penguinz 12:17 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
He's got issues with Fisher. Don't know if he'd want to come here. I think he'll go to either Green Bay or Chicago. Bet he gets out of the AFC.
He will go where he thinks he is most likely to get a ring. That leaves both those teams out.
[Reply]
BleedingRed 12:20 PM 02-12-2021
worth noting Watt recruited Honey Badger to Houston a couple years back.
[Reply]
Hoover 12:21 PM 02-12-2021
Originally Posted by gblowfish:
I think KC is the best fit.

Look, he's going to be a leader wherever he goes, but in KC you have the best odds getting to the Super Bowl, he knows exactly what this defense will look like and how he would fit. He gets that in Pittsburg too, but with less odds of making the super bowl. Plus Green Bay just got a new DC. I mean if Green Bay can't get it done this year, who's to say they will get it done next year? As far as fit goes, it doesn't get better than KC IMO, basically the Mahomes factor.

Hell, we all saw what Suggs did for the defense a year ago, I can't imagine what Watt would bring.
[Reply]
Page 7 of 38
« First < 34567 89101117 > Last »
Up