ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 22 of 28
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Brady received 27 PI calls in 2020
BlackOp 04:15 PM 02-11-2021
Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 27 PI calls this 2020 season, Kansas City received 4.

No other team had more than 19 (Miami/Pittsburgh) and 28 teams had less than 15.

Buccaneers were the beneficiary of 12 PI last year with Winston throwing for over 5000 yards...

Brady's Bucs received 15 more PI calls than the same team did last season...and set an NFL record.

Brady had 12 more PI calls than 28 other teams....16 more than 21 teams. He was essentially getting twice the PI calls of nearly every other franchise...and 7 times the amount as Mahomes.

25 teams had 11 or less...

Numbers dont lie...only the media about Brady's "greatness"

Chiefs were called for 2 PIs in one quarter of the SB...they only had their opponents flagged 4 times all year.
[Reply]
htismaqe 03:21 PM 02-23-2021
:-)

Balls deep.
[Reply]
TomBarndtsTwin 03:31 PM 02-23-2021
Bill Russell is an apropo comparison for Brady and the Patriot dynasty.

The Celtics were the NBA's longest tenured dynasty and accumulated the most rings with Russell being their best player.

Same for the Patriots dynasty and Brady's rings, being their best player, etc.

I know at one time there was debate about who was the greatest between Wilt and Russell, but many years later over time those arguments faded and along came the Bird and Magic show, Jordan and later on Lebron, etc. The GOAT talk nowadays is pretty much reserved for Jordan and Lebron. Kobe occasionally gets some love. But Russell is not in that conversation.

Give it 20 to 30 more years and Brady won't be either. His legacy will be *winning* and while he will be the most accomplished QB of all time (the MOAT), no one will bring him up in the GOAT conversation. He's arguably the 3rd or 4th best QB of this generation alone. He is not a transcendent talent and never will be.

But he will always have those *rings*. So bully for him, I guess.
[Reply]
GoForIt 03:41 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by TomBarndtsTwin:
Bill Russell is an apropo comparison for Brady and the Patriot dynasty.

The Celtics were the NBA's longest tenured dynasty and accumulated the most rings with Russell being their best player.

Same for the Patriots dynasty and Brady's rings, being their best player, etc.

I know at one time there was debate about who was the greatest between Wilt and Russell, but many years later over time those arguments faded and along came the Bird and Magic show, Jordan and later on Lebron, etc. The GOAT talk nowadays is pretty much reserved for Jordan and Lebron. Kobe occasionally gets some love. But Russell is not in that conversation.

Give it 20 to 30 more years and Brady won't be either. His legacy will be *winning* and while he will be the most accomplished QB of all time (the MOAT), no one will bring him up in the GOAT conversation. He's arguably the 3rd or 4th best QB of this generation alone. He is not a transcendent talent and never will be.

But he will always have those *rings*. So bully for him, I guess.
I am not sure football as we know it will be around in 20-30 years.

But your Russell comparison is apples to oranges. The argument against Russell is the era he played in when there were 10 teams, a shorter season and a shorter post-season. Russell’s teams also were stacked with future Hall of Famers and All-Stars because there was no FA. Jordan won during a much tougher era all around.

Brady has won during the toughest era of the NFL with FA and the cap and also in a sport where the average playing career is 3-4 years. There is a reason why no team has repeated since the Pats in 2003/2004. it is ridiculously hard for an org to sustain greatness when all of the rules are designed to make teams go 8-8 every year. Brady's 34 post-season wins and 10 SB appearances/7 wins are so far ahead of anyone that the chances of anyone even achieving half of what he did is remote. He also has all the records to go with his rings unlike Russell. And of course Brady has won with multiple teams and switched conferences and won in his first season.
[Reply]
Pants 03:57 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by GoForIt:
I am not sure football as we know it will be around in 20-30 years.

But your Russell comparison is apples to oranges. The argument against Russell is the era he played in when there were 10 teams, a shorter season and a shorter post-season. Russell’s teams also were stacked with future Hall of Famers and All-Stars because there was no FA. Jordan won during a much tougher era all around.

Brady has won during the toughest era of the NFL with FA and the cap and also in a sport where the average playing career is 3-4 years. There is a reason why no team has repeated since the Pats in 2003/2004. it is ridiculously hard for an org to sustain greatness when all of the rules are designed to make teams go 8-8 every year. Brady's 34 post-season wins and 10 SB appearances/7 wins are so far ahead of anyone that the chances of anyone even achieving half of what he did is remote. He also has all the records to go with his rings unlike Russell. And of course Brady has won with multiple teams and switched conferences and won in his first season.
Those are some pretty good points but, unfortunately, outside of the Tom Brady fans, the perception will always be that he's the Bill Russell of football.

The main reason is that nobody was questioning the fact that MJ was the best player in the League when he was playing.

Virtually no one outside of New England thinks that about Tom Brady. I don't know what to tell you, man. Peyton and now Rodgers have each won a fraction of Tom's Super Bowl wins total but both were/are considered to be better quarterbacks. Mahomes is better than all of them.

[Reply]
GoForIt 04:04 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Those are some pretty good points but unfortunately, outside of the Tom Brady fans, the perception will always be that he's the Bill Russell of football.

The main reason is that nobody was questioning the fact that MJ was the best player in the League when he was playing.

Virtually no one outside of New England thinks that about Tom Brady. I don't know what to tell you, man. Peyton and now Rodgers have each won a fraction of Tom's Super Bowl totals but both were/are considered to be better quarterbacks. Mahomes is better than all of them.
Sure. If we talking raw talent, I agree. I mean he was a 6th round pick for a reason. Pats fans don't ever dispute that. But Brady's legacy is so much bigger than that precisely because he is not a highlight reel or an athletic runner/dual threat. That is what makes his legacy unique. In basketball you have to be the best athlete to win. That sport is 100% athletic. The QB position is the most cerebral position with also the biggest burden of leadership to get all 10 guys believing they can win. It is the toughest position in sports for a reason. Brady has proven without a shadow of a doubt that the intangibles are what makes a winner along with talent. I mean the guy can make every throw and is insanely accurate. You have to have the tools and the commitment to your body and the game. That is where Brady separates himself with his longevity.

Guys like Manning and Rodgers or Marino and Elway if you want to go back that far have been reduced to a footnote because Brady has lapped them. There is no other team sport where the gap between the top player and #2 is so wide.
[Reply]
Pants 04:11 PM 02-23-2021
Sure. If we talking raw talent, I agree. I mean he was a 6th round pick for a reason. Pats fans don't ever dispute that. But Brady's legacy is so much bigger than that precisely because he is not a highlight reel or an athletic runner/dual threat. That is what makes his legacy unique. In basketball you have to be the best athlete to win. That sport is 100% athletic. The QB position is the most cerebral position with also the biggest burden of leadership to get all 10 guys believing they can win. It is the toughest position in sports for a reason. Brady has proven without a shadow of a doubt that the intangibles are what makes a winner along with talent. I mean the guy can make every throw and is insanely accurate. You have to have the tools and the commitment to your body and the game. That is where Brady separates himself with his longevity.

Guys like Manning and Rodgers or Marino and Elway if you want to go back that far have been reduced to a footnote because Brady has lapped them. There is no other team sport where the gap between the top player and #2 is so wide.
Yeah, all of that plus you know...

The cheating scandals.
Playing behind good Olines.
Having top defenses year in and year out.
Having Belichick as the head coach.
Benefiting from lopsided flags.

I know you're going to bring up last season as some sort of proof that it was all Tom Brady and he deserves all of the credit. The fact is - he played like complete ass at times this season and his team carried him and not vice-versa. Once again, he benefitted from a top defense and a great OLine.

I'm pretty sure Kirk Cousins could have beat the Chiefs in that Super Bowl.
[Reply]
GoForIt 05:05 PM 02-23-2021
Originally Posted by Pants:
Yeah, all of that plus you know...

The cheating scandals.
Playing behind good Olines.
Having top defenses year in and year out.
Having Belichick as the head coach.
Benefiting from lopsided flags.

I know you're going to bring up last season as some sort of proof that it was all Tom Brady and he deserves all of the credit. The fact is - he played like complete ass at times this season and his team carried him and not vice-versa. Once again, he benefitted from a top defense and a great OLine.

I'm pretty sure Kirk Cousins could have beat the Chiefs in that Super Bowl.
In time no one will remember all those things. Heck people don't even remember the first 10 years of his career anymore except that he won 3 chips in 4 years. The winning is what lasts.

No team in the NFC beats the Chiefs except for the Bucs. You were a wagon all season but ran into a better team playing lights out.
[Reply]
Pants 08:48 PM 02-23-2021
In time no one will remember all those things. Heck people don't even remember the first 10 years of his career anymore except that he won 3 chips in 4 years. The winning is what lasts.

No team in the NFC beats the Chiefs except for the Bucs. You were a wagon all season but ran into a better team playing lights out.

Yeah, it wasn't the 10th string Oline.
[Reply]
tredadda 09:10 PM 02-23-2021

We had an average guard playing RT and our backup RT playing LT. 4 of the starting 5 olinemen were backups due to opt outs and injuries. Plus you all benefitted from calls that even unbiased experts stated were questionable. I remember hearing many different experts talking about how those penalties were not called all playoffs until the SB. Plus they had a ref there who named her son after her favorite player, Brady. Sure TB was the better team.

Now KC did make some questionable decisions, but to think they were steamrolled by a clearly superior team in nonsense.
[Reply]
BlackOp 10:36 PM 02-23-2021
People can praise TB and ignore the evidence...I dont give a shit anymore. These last 5-6 season have been a NFL top-down initiative...it goes beyond Brady and is deliberate.

I'm done paying any real attention to this sport...err, "entertainment".

I'll always love the Chiefs and watching them finally win a SB...but it was really just a force of habit. I knew the rub by that point..

This last SB was an embarrassment...embarrassing for myself for continuing to support this corrupted corporation.

There is no value in watching predetermined outcomes...no emotion, no suspense...nothing. Its just athletes hitting, running and passing...wearing different colors.

I'll check in...every now and then...but only in a passing, unattached interest....or maybe not. It's pretty much dead to me..
[Reply]
GoForIt 07:26 AM 02-24-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:
People can praise TB and ignore the evidence...I dont give a shit anymore. These last 5-6 season have been a NFL top-down initiative...it goes beyond Brady and is deliberate.

I'll always love the Chiefs and watching them finally win a SB...but it was really just a force of habit. I knew the rub by that point..

This last SB was an embarrassment...embarrassing for myself for continuing to support this corrupted corporation.

There is no value in watching predetermined outcomes...no emotion, no suspense...nothing. Its just athletes hitting, running and passing...wearing different colors.

I'll check in...every now and then...but only in a passing, unattached interest....or maybe not. It's pretty much dead to me..
I would not watch or follow anything that I thought was rigged.
[Reply]
OrtonsPiercedTaint 07:34 AM 02-24-2021
I lost all hope when Game of Thrones had the same story lines as the A Song of Ice and Fire books
[Reply]
PBFAN 12:02 PM 02-25-2021

Wow, so you think if Rodgers, Manning of yesteryear or Mahomes (theoretically) were under center for Bucs the Chiefs would’ve got beat down even worse than they did vs Tom??? Like the score would’ve been say 45-6, or 50-3, or even 60-0? I guess Brady inspired KC to play lights out - and yet they still sucked beyond belief! Thanks for the honest admission, I’m sure it must’ve been tough for you.
[Reply]
PBFAN 12:06 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by PBFAN:
Wow, so you think if Rodgers, Manning of yesteryear or Mahomes (theoretically) were under center for Bucs the Chiefs would’ve got beat down even worse than they did vs Tom??? Like the score would’ve been say 45-6, or 50-3, or even 60-0? I guess Brady inspired KC to play lights out - and yet they still sucked beyond belief! Thanks for the honest admission, I’m sure it must’ve been tough for you.
Sorry GoForIt. This was meant for the other guy obviously!
[Reply]
ModSocks 12:11 PM 02-25-2021
Originally Posted by BlackOp:

[Reply]
Page 22 of 28
« First < 121819202122 23242526 > Last »
Up