ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 319
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>Veach's '21 Offseason Plan to Keep Us Thriving: Let's speculate
Dante84 10:03 AM 02-08-2021
In order to prevent us wasting precious years of Patrick Mahomes' career, Veach needs to work some magic this offseason. What's your advice for him?
[Reply]
O.city 01:09 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You can restructure Mahomes, Hill and Kelce’s deals plus extend Mathieu to gain cap space.
Extend hill right?
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:10 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by TEX:
Interesting take with Clyde and Sneed being A+ picks. I come to that conclusion if I switch the rounds they were drafted in. Meaning I switch the picks around and see excellent value as a pair. Sneed is A+ regardless, Clyde maybe a B for a 1st round pick.
CEH was near the top of the league in yards after contact and near the bottom in yards before contact.

The offensive line has a lot to do with how he played.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:11 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by O.city:
And?

Extend, convert whatever.

They know the cap will continue to explode. Kick towards the future and keep winning
It's not that easy when you have guys like Fisher and Clark that you might want to jettison but can't because of their deals.

Just pushing everything to the future is how you end up not making it back to the big game.
[Reply]
MAHOMO 4 LIFE! 01:12 PM 02-09-2021
Extend hill right?
Hill and Mathieu both need to be extended. Kelce just signed a huge deal so I do how you can restructure that and Mahomes I have no idea
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:13 PM 02-09-2021
Extend hill right?
That works as well, yeah.
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:13 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by MAHOMO 4 LIFE!:
Hill and Mathieu both need to be extended. Kelce just signed a huge deal so I do how you can restructure that and Mahomes I have no idea
Yeah, there's not much you can do with Kelce.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:15 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by The Franchise:
You can restructure Mahomes, Hill and Kelce’s deals plus extend Mathieu to gain cap space.
And restructure Chris Jones as well.

They can create space. The question is how much they want to create/need to create.

They can generate $15M easily from Jones and could push it to $20M if needed. Same with Mahomes.

I don't know that they'll touch Kelce again, but they can extend Mathieu and pick up a bunch, they can extend Hill and add some, and they can either extend or injury settlement Eric Fisher to create some. Same with Schwartz, who - even if he retires - will function like a regular cut and save them $6M.

There are no major extension candidates this year.

The Chiefs will be able to find room. I think it makes the most sense to find room to spend on a C or RT as there will be some good ones available and the prices on those positions are generally reasonable in free agency.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:17 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by htismaqe:
Yeah, there's not much you can do with Kelce.
Convert some of this base salary to a signing bonus.

He’s 32 and has a cheap cap hit next year at $7.5 million. Up his cap hits in 2022 and 2023 and then extend him if you want when he’s 34-35.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:18 PM 02-09-2021
We had 7 dollars in cap space this time last year and ended up bringing everyone back

And y’all worried

They’ll figure it out.
Agreed.
[Reply]
O.city 01:21 PM 02-09-2021
CEH was near the top of the league in yards after contact and near the bottom in yards before contact.

The offensive line has a lot to do with how he played.
Still wish we wouldn’t have spent a 1 on a rb
[Reply]
htismaqe 01:23 PM 02-09-2021
Originally Posted by duncan_idaho:
And restructure Chris Jones as well.

They can create space. The question is how much they want to create/need to create.

They can generate $15M easily from Jones and could push it to $20M if needed. Same with Mahomes.

I don't know that they'll touch Kelce again, but they can extend Mathieu and pick up a bunch, they can extend Hill and add some, and they can either extend or injury settlement Eric Fisher to create some. Same with Schwartz, who - even if he retires - will function like a regular cut and save them $6M.

There are no major extension candidates this year.

The Chiefs will be able to find room. I think it makes the most sense to find room to spend on a C or RT as there will be some good ones available and the prices on those positions are generally reasonable in free agency.
The center market might be a little pricey this year. They're talking about Reiter getting in excess of $10M per.
[Reply]
Hog's Gone Fishin 01:23 PM 02-09-2021
Draft defense
Draft more Defense
Then draft extra Defense.

Fill the OL with FA pickups. there's going to be cuts this year like we've never seen due to the Cap decrease.

Pickup a good WR in FA also.
[Reply]
ModSocks 01:25 PM 02-09-2021
Priority #1 has to be a legitimate swing tackle. A guy who's mostly a RT but can play LT until Fisher is ready.

Both our tackle spots are sketchy as fuck going into the season. I'd like to see a tackle and a guard or two picked up in F/A, and then another tackle picked up in the draft.

Due to injury and lack of production there are legitimate holes on this roster and Veach has his work cut out for him this offseason. Surely he has a plan.
[Reply]
The Franchise 01:25 PM 02-09-2021
The center market might be a little pricey this year. They're talking about Reiter getting in excess of $10M per.
I would rather draft one and plug him in if we can.
[Reply]
duncan_idaho 01:44 PM 02-09-2021
I just ran through the following:

1) Restructure Chris Jones (saves $11M on 21 cap hit)
2) Extend Mathieu (added 3 years, turned it into a 4/$60M deal, which is roughly market value, structured it so I save $11M on 2021 cap)
3) Extend Eric Fisher for one year. I trimmed his 2021 base to $2m, gave him a $4m signing bonus to, saved $8M on 21)
4) Cut Mitchel Schwartz (simulates a retirement on his part, saves $6M against 21 cap)

That puts the Chiefs at $166M in cap liabilities. If the cap gets chopped to $175M they still can sign rookies without doing anything painful. If it ends up at $185M they still have enough room to make a few moves in FA. If it stays flat at $195M they're in awesome shape.
[Reply]
Page 6 of 319
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Up