ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Nzoner's Game Room>Tell me about your hose. Is it long? Does it expand? Good stream?
scho63 07:47 PM 02-02-2021
I'm shopping for a garden hose and while at first I was looking into those light weight expansion hoses, people keep reporting they have a tendency to produce inconsistent streams.

I now see these new stainless steel hoses and I'm intrigued.

I'm looking to hook up one of those power washing attachments with soap dispensers to clean the outside of my place, the windows and screens as well as the porch.

Any advice is welcome and appreciated. 👍😎
[Reply]
Bugeater 08:44 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by FlaChief58:
I'm guessing it has to do with the lining and smaller diameter, but don't quote me on that
Quoted. :-)
[Reply]
mlyonsd 08:51 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by scho63:
What is the reason for that? :-)
Water pressure is lost keeping the hose expanded in length and diameter.
[Reply]
lewdog 08:59 PM 02-02-2021
If you can find a hose that lasts more than a few years in this heat, let me know.

I'd pay good money for one but even the ones I've tried don't make it more than a few summers.
[Reply]
loochy 09:02 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by lewdog:
If you can find a hose that lasts more than a few years in this heat, let me know.

I'd pay good money for one but even the ones I've tried don't make it more than a few summers.

I think it's the sun more than the heat. Put it inside one of those covered hose reel housings or just take it inside the garage when you are done.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:05 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by loochy:
I think it's the sun more than the heat. Put it inside one of those covered hose reel housings or just take it inside the garage when you are done.
I have a lot of plants! Most are on drippers/bubblers but I like to supplement some of the fruit or tropical trees with the hose. It's such a pain putting it away all the time. Fuck!!!!!!!!
[Reply]
displacedinMN 09:11 PM 02-02-2021
I have used this for plants. I am going to set it up this year and only use my hose for washing vehicles.

https://misterlandscaper.com/
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:13 PM 02-02-2021
I've never used the garden hose, but Flexzilla makes the best airhoses in the market.

That's my recommendation.

You too Lew, they handle the sun well.
[Reply]
Easy 6 09:14 PM 02-02-2021
Its over the national average, and still expands just fine... but the stream isn't always so hot these days, at age 50 I'm afraid its maybe time for the doc to take a trip down Moon River

Oh! you meant garden hose...
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:14 PM 02-02-2021
I have a lot of plants! Most are on drippers/bubblers but I like to supplement some of the fruit or tropical trees with the hose. It's such a pain putting it away all the time. ****!!!!!!!!
The covered hose reel w/automatic reel from Costco. Life changer.
[Reply]
Bearcat 09:16 PM 02-02-2021
Bought one of these ~2.5 years ago and haven't had any issues with streams... and more importantly, no kinks. I fucking hate kinks in my hose.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B079BNZFXZ/
[Reply]
lewdog 09:25 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
The covered hose reel w/automatic reel from Costco. Life changer.
Link me Boo.
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:38 PM 02-02-2021
Link me Boo.
Like I know how to do any of that technology shit. Lol. But I will text you a pic this week
[Reply]
Buehler445 09:43 PM 02-02-2021
Link me Boo.
I'm a cheap ass and put shelf brackets in my shed. The wife feels compelled to spend money so we now have a rolling cart that goes in the shed.

I'm telling you though, fool. Flexzilla

https://www.amazon.com/Flexzilla-HFZ...s%2C250&sr=8-2
[Reply]
Why Not? 09:44 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Why Not?:
Like I know how to do any of that technology shit. Lol. But I will text you a pic this week
By this week, I mean I just texted you right now.
[Reply]
lewdog 09:47 PM 02-02-2021
Originally Posted by Buehler445:
I'm a cheap ass and put shelf brackets in my shed. The wife feels compelled to spend money so we now have a rolling cart that goes in the shed.

I'm telling you though, fool. Flexzilla

https://www.amazon.com/Flexzilla-HFZ...s%2C250&sr=8-2
Oohhhhh that does look nice. I might wait until they get the 100' in stock. I have a manual hose reel back there but seriously, it's such a pain in the ass to do that multiple times per week.
[Reply]
Page 2 of 5
< 12 345 >
Up