ChiefsPlanet Mobile
Page 6 of 119
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Nzoner's Game Room>***** Official '20/'21 Kansas Men's Basketball Repository Thread *****
cmh6476 02:12 PM 11-25-2020
Defending the National Championship of 2020

Roster:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/roster/

Schedule:

https://kuathletics.com/sports/mbball/schedule/

There you go! :-)
[Reply]
BWillie 02:33 PM 11-26-2020
lolol garrett is king of garbage time
[Reply]
BWillie 02:34 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by ROYC75:
I would argue Enaruna should be in that discussion.
i think he's too slow but i like him.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:34 PM 11-26-2020
Lightfoot coming in now with a minute left. :-)
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:34 PM 11-26-2020
This will be a good film for the kids to watch, how not to play defense.

100 + points allowed!
[Reply]
BWillie 02:36 PM 11-26-2020
GIVE LIGHTFEET THARTY MINUTESQ!!!

i don't think i'm even kidding.
[Reply]
ROYC75 02:36 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
i think he's too slow but i like him.
I like to see him in and out the 4/5 rotation when we go small.
[Reply]
BWillie 02:45 PM 11-26-2020
Woof.

But I came away with this game with some positive thoughts.

THE GOOD:

Bryce Thompson seems to be ahead of where I thought he would be. Seems like a gritty, energetic, tough guard. Maybe some CJ McCollum in him.

Ochai's stroke looks pure. Him and Braun should make enough 3's. Ochai has never been a good passer and sometimes turnover prone but he went 4 assists, no TO's today.

Jalen Wilson looks like more of a complete basketball player than I recalled in limited action & exhibitions last year.

Tyon Grant-Foster has ton of potential. We likely won't see it until next year but I can see that guy being a star eventually.

THE BAD
We miss Doke badly. We have no rim protector if Bill will refuse to play Lightfoot. I'm scared Bill is going to rely way to much on Dmack who I'm sure is going to put up a big stat line on the year. But it's going to be alot of empty stats. He'll make some two pointers and alot of 20 foot two pointers, block little shots and be horrible on p&r and transition defense.

We have nobody who can just go get us a basket at the end of the shot clock. Maybe Thompson can be that guy because that was all Dotson last year. He bailed us out on my occasions.

Our defense flat out sucked. Gonzaga shot 66% from the field. SIXTY SIX PERCENT. Just mental lapses and lackadaisical play. With so many new faces this is not surprising. Now, Gonzaga is going to be undoubtedly the best offensive team in the country this year but they gotta play better D than that. It will get better though.
[Reply]
Mr. Plow 02:49 PM 11-26-2020
About what I expected for the first game.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 02:57 PM 11-26-2020
Thompson needs to get bigger/stronger/better defensively, but he'll score with the best of them.
[Reply]
ROYC75 03:00 PM 11-26-2020
Originally Posted by BWillie:
Woof.

But I came away with this game with some positive thoughts.

THE GOOD:

Bryce Thompson seems to be ahead of where I thought he would be. Seems like a gritty, energetic, tough guard. Maybe some CJ McCollum in him.

Ochai's stroke looks pure. Him and Braun should make enough 3's. Ochai has never been a good passer and sometimes turnover prone but he went 4 assists, no TO's today.

Jalen Wilson looks like more of a complete basketball player than I recalled in limited action & exhibitions last year.

Tyon Grant-Foster has ton of potential. We likely won't see it until next year but I can see that guy being a star eventually.

THE BAD
We miss Doke badly. We have no rim protector if Bill will refuse to play Lightfoot. I'm scared Bill is going to rely way to much on Dmack who I'm sure is going to put up a big stat line on the year. But it's going to be alot of empty stats. He'll make some two pointers and alot of 20 foot two pointers, block little shots and be horrible on p&r and transition defense.

We have nobody who can just go get us a basket at the end of the shot clock. Maybe Thompson can be that guy because that was all Dotson last year. He bailed us out on my occasions.

Our defense flat out sucked. Gonzaga shot 66% from the field. SIXTY SIX PERCENT. Just mental lapses and lackadaisical play. With so many new faces this is not surprising. Now, Gonzaga is going to be undoubtedly the best offensive team in the country this year but they gotta play better D than that. It will get better though.
Pretty much spot on. HCBS wants continuity, start start Mitch over David, start Enaruna at the 4, bring in Braun to go 4 small, Enaruna at the 5, filter Wilson, Thompson in and out 1-4 constantly as you turn up the pace!

Plus stop scheduling game on Thanksgiving Day when you don't play DEFENSE! Getting your ass roasted and looking like a Turkey instead of a Jayhawk is very unbecoming of KU BB.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:18 PM 11-27-2020
Jalen Wilson has already made some really nice passes in this one. Probably part of why Self likes him at the stretch 4.
[Reply]
sedated 01:28 PM 11-27-2020
For the people begging Self to go small the last handful of years, it looks like this year will have a significant amount of time with all 5 guards.
[Reply]
KC_Connection 01:39 PM 11-27-2020
Originally Posted by sedated:
For the people begging Self to go small the last handful of years, it looks like this year will have a significant amount of time with all 5 guards.
Good because McCormack is a disaster out there defensively.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:42 PM 11-27-2020
Really looks like postionless basketball when McCormack is out. The whole lineup is like 6’5” - 6’8”.
[Reply]
smithandrew051 01:43 PM 11-27-2020
Agbaji and Braun are looking like they’ll be all conference
[Reply]
Page 6 of 119
« First < 23456 789101656106 > Last »
Up